“English bar treat!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Hopewell Junction, New York
“English bar treat!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Have been looking for an English bar for awhile and fond one in Indy! Scotch Eggs, and Barrel and Squeak as well as the honey vodka, and Red Lion Grog all melded together for a good evening.
Recommended and would go back!

• Visited June 2014

Indianapolis
“Dissapointed ”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I thought this restaurant might be a good alternative to something similar on Mass Ave. what a mistake.

For starters I ordered a Beefeaters and tonic which is almost impossible to make incorrectly. It was terrible. I suspect they use tonic water from their soda dispensing equipment. Yuck!

I ordered the lunch sandwich special, a roast beef sandwich, cheddar cheese and horseradish sauce. As I placed my order the horseradish sauce was removed fro the menu chalkboard. Like myself the my server was confused as she stayed it was popular the day before.

That explained the dry and tasteless sandwich. Wish I stayed at home.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wow! ”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Abby is awesome! Food was a close 2nd. Beer was great and came in 3rd place! Quality service with excellent pricing and great atmosphere!

2 Thank Anson T
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

When I looked at the menu online, I thought it seemed like glorified bar food. My husband finally convinced me to try it and I've been there four times in the last five weeks! Bangers and mash are delicious, as well as the chicken tikka masala, goat cheese grilled cheese sandwich, scotch eggs, and the chicken pot pie - YUM! The elephant ear is just like the fair, I just ask them to fry it a minute less than they normally would. I would highly recommend trying it out.

Good service is such a rarity these days. They seem to serve as a team and it really works. I've been impressed every time!

• Visited February 2014
Odon, Indiana
“Good play on British fair!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Wife and I tried this place out before our concert and was very pleased with it all.
We got an order of the Scottish eggs, I enjoyed them, wife less so. We each had a sausage dish for our entree. Bangers and mash and Banger blankets. Or waiter did a good job describing the difference between regular "american" and british sausage. By the clean plates at the end, I think we both enjoyed it greatly. Ended up sharing a piece of "donuts and coffee" bread pudding...so good!!!

• Visited November 2013