“Brand New Youth Ice Arena”

Indiana Farmers Coliseum
Ranked #72 of 175 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was very impressed with the new Youth Arena. My daughter is a figure skater and is taking private lessons at the Pepsi Coliseum. Everything is tip top. Heaters hang over the bleachers, which make this more comfortable for those of us who watch. The restrooms are skater friendly with matted floors so skaters don't have to remove skates to use the restroom. There is a trendy snack area, and easy to get to parking. The only down fall is that we have to pay $5 each Saturday to park. A parking pass, beginning January 2014, is $30 a year. This allows you to enter and park for any function all year!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

My daughter was a state fair queen candidate a few years ago. I have watched the fair queen pageant several years. It is always very nice, although the contestants shouldn't have to walk in the dirt with their nice formals on even once they have been dismissed and not in the final 10, etc... Too harsh on their nice gowns.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

After years of skating at this coliseum, which did need a facelift, it's getting one. Hope the ice will be just as good for skating as it was before, very smooth and flat, almost no ripples. We'll see.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Great location for a variety of hosts. Not too far and not too close. Nice to visit and easy to find.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

My parents would bring me here when I was very young to see Holiday on Ice Shows, Ringling Brothers Circus shows and others I've probably forgotten about. i always enjoyed the events here during the State Fair. I remember duing the State Fair, there used to be an organ grinder and his monkey. if you gave the monkey a silver coin, he would bite it, put it in his pocket and tip his hat to you. If you gave him a penney, seems like I remember he either rejected it, or he put it in his pocket without tiping his hat. Average score is mostly for the neglected condition the State of Indiana keeps it in.