“What a great surprise!”

Yellow Rose Carriages
Ranked #7 of 23 Tours in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Cultural tours and romantic rides by horse drawn carriage in downtown Indianapolis. Pick up service at many downtown restaurants and hotels. Reservations are always recommended. One hour Grand City Tour or 25 minute Taste of the City ride.
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was surprised by my significant other with a carriage ride around Indy. We chose the Lockerbie Square route. The driver was so friendly and knew a lot about the area. He spoke with us, but wasn't intrusive.

1  Thank indyhug111

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I had a great time with these guys. Great staff beautiful horses and carriages. They really made my visit to indi a lot of fun. Thanks to Peggy and all the staff at yellow rose!!!!

1  Thank peeshCharleston_SC
Reviewed 27 December 2012

A reservation was made for Saturday night at 7:45pm for a carriage. I was surprisingly engaged at dinner, my mother prepaid for the carriage. There were family and friends awaiting for the carriage on the streets of downtown with gifts and banners to congratulate me on my engagement. Once arriving at the carriage, we were informed that, due to being late for the carriage, we must repay and we forfeited our money. The women was incredibly rude. She told us that there was nothing else she could do. She did not even try to find us another carriage. She reported that my mother was told on the phone she would forfeit her carriage if we were late. This is incorrect. My mother was not told this, and as a surprise to me it was not be a guarantee without spoiling the surprise the exact time of arrival. After she was incredibly rude, we ended up going in the back of my mothers car and had a wonderful evening. A few days later I called to speak with a manager, and sure enough the rude lady is the manager. She explained that it was a contract, and they held their end of the deal. My mother received no contact formally or did not sign anything of the sort. She reported there was nothing they could do. She reported that we would not give a refund nor a reschedule a carriage ride. I explained that I would turn them into the BBB and other sources, due to the customer service I received. She reported that there was nothing she could do, and she was sorry I felt that way.

9  Thank Justengaged22
Reviewed 19 December 2012

45 minutes= $75; one hour is $100. Turns out 50 minutes is also $100. Be careful, check your watch before you leave. Your word against theirs.

8  Thank Randolph W
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My husband surprised me with an evening carriage ride for my birthday. It was such a neat experience! Our driver was very friendly, and the horse, Ripley, was a sweetheart! The view was awesome and it was so nice just to sit back and enjoy the city. It's definitely something everyone should do at least once. My only complaint was that we didn't go past Lucas Oil Stadium and it was a little on the pricey side. But the service and experience was worth it!