“Great ride around Indy”

Yellow Rose Carriages
Ranked #10 of 23 Tours in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Cultural tours and romantic rides by horse drawn carriage in downtown Indianapolis. Pick up service at many downtown restaurants and hotels. Reservations are always recommended. One hour Grand City Tour or 25 minute Taste of the City ride.
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great ride around Indy”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Called Yellow Rose carriages from the Old Spaghetti Factory to make a reservation and they said they would even pick me up from there. It was a great surprise for my two little girls when the horse and carriage were coming for us. They showed up on time and exactly where they said they would. The driver was great and not intrusive. He let my girls spend time with the horse and was extremely polite.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank BriTim22

Indianapolis
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“What a great surprise!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was surprised by my significant other with a carriage ride around Indy. We chose the Lockerbie Square route. The driver was so friendly and knew a lot about the area. He spoke with us, but wasn't intrusive.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank indyhug111
CHARLESTON
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Don't miss it”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I had a great time with these guys. Great staff beautiful horses and carriages. They really made my visit to indi a lot of fun. Thanks to Peggy and all the staff at yellow rose!!!!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank peeshCharleston_SC
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“HORRIBLE MANAGER AND NO REFUND”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

A reservation was made for Saturday night at 7:45pm for a carriage. I was surprisingly engaged at dinner, my mother prepaid for the carriage. There were family and friends awaiting for the carriage on the streets of downtown with gifts and banners to congratulate me on my engagement. Once arriving at the carriage, we were informed that, due to being late for the carriage, we must repay and we forfeited our money. The women was incredibly rude. She told us that there was nothing else she could do. She did not even try to find us another carriage. She reported that my mother was told on the phone she would forfeit her carriage if we were late. This is incorrect. My mother was not told this, and as a surprise to me it was not be a guarantee without spoiling the surprise the exact time of arrival. After she was incredibly rude, we ended up going in the back of my mothers car and had a wonderful evening. A few days later I called to speak with a manager, and sure enough the rude lady is the manager. She explained that it was a contract, and they held their end of the deal. My mother received no contact formally or did not sign anything of the sort. She reported there was nothing they could do. She reported that we would not give a refund nor a reschedule a carriage ride. I explained that I would turn them into the BBB and other sources, due to the customer service I received. She reported that there was nothing she could do, and she was sorry I felt that way.

Visited December 2012
9 Thank Justengaged22
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Check your watch”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

45 minutes= $75; one hour is $100. Turns out 50 minutes is also $100. Be careful, check your watch before you leave. Your word against theirs.

Visited December 2012