“Good New Years Eve Venue”
Review of Sensu - CLOSED

Sensu
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jackson
Description: Indy's most exciting new place to inspire, indulge and ignite your senses. Fresh rose petals and the trickle of flowing water in the stone bath-lined entrance transport you to the elegantly refined and delightfully unpretentious atmosphere that is purely Sensu. Hip, warm and social, Sensu invites you to indulge in its Asian-fusion menu designed to be shared and relished amongst friends. Selections range from Crab Shitake Crusted Kobe filet, to lobster tacos, to the red hot chili pepper roll. Utilizing only the very best of ingredients, these vibrant new dishes will ignite your taste buds. The fun continues with sleek cocktails, fine wines and exquisite sakes that you've been yearning for. Mingle in the dining area overlooking the dance floor, or saunter down to the nightclub to officially arrive at the party. When you're craving something more, you'll find it at Sensu, Indy's new place to see and be seen.
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I decided to ring in 2014 at Sensu with my friends. I like the colorful lights on the walls, black floors, good lighting overall (light enough to see, dark enough to be intimate), three levels to dance on, and big bars (15 to 20 peopl can stand at the bar easy and still access the bartinder). I didn't like that I was VIP ticket holder and had to stand in line with General admission ticket holders for 30min. Not trying to be snobby, but the 30min wait could have been eliminated if the lines were more organized. Luckily the club owner finally started asking people for their specific tickets and moved VIP to the front of the line. I experienced the worse Long Island Ice tea I've ever had in my life, but the other drinks were really good. I think Cranberry and vodka cold be the best drink they make and the fireball shot didn't take my breath away (but warmed my cheeks) like a good shot should! The NYE deal was affordable and a great value. For $85, my friends and I had open bar access and appetizers and champane at midnight. The DJ actually played really well and even more so after midnight. Everywhere downtown is usually packed with people, but VIP wasn't extremely crowded. I didnt get clastrophobic and I felt very secure with the periodic security walking the floors every few moments. I would definitely come to Sensu again for a NYE bash if they have a good deal like they had this year. It was worth my $85, despite the disorganized chaos before entering the venue.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I was attending Sensu on a very slow Thursday night. I was told by the bar staff that one of they're specials for the night was $4.00 patron shots. I ordered a patron shot, paid with a $20 & was given NO change!
When I asked for appropriate change, I was disregarded & told that a future drink would be bought for me. I refused & requested change. At that point, I overheard myself being mentioned in an unflattering light.
I once again requested my change back & was forcefully removed when the security staff was waived in to sweep my feet from under my legs & tackle me to the ground (all the time showing NO resistance & questioning they're motive) I was then pulled from the ground by my very expensive clothes & rammed through the main entrances double doors, ON MY HEAD!
Keep in mind this was just after 12am on a Thursday, in an empty club, I was NOT intoxicated, & would have spent a small fortune on there drink specials.
Moral of the story: Don't go to Sensu, UNLESS your an underground fighter looking to get some practice in on they're security staff ;)

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We went to Sensu for Valentine's Day. It is a gorgeous restaurant with great atmosphere. We were told we could order from the menu or let your server order for you based on your taste. So we chose to let the server do his thing. He brought us 5 courses in all. Each course would consist of two varieties. After each course he would ask us questions on what we liked and disliked and that would determine the next course. It was fun and the food was great. The downside to this is that you have NO idea how much you are spending. He never discussed price at all - he just kept bringing food. Again, the food was great. When we got our bill we were very surprised - it was $180 for two people with no cocktails. I would go again because the food is good but I would probably order off the menu so I know what we are spending.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Loved this atmosphere, menu, service and everything about this place!
Our server Joe was outstanding! made the evening so enjoyable with relaxed presentation of food in just the perfect tempo!
Don't miss the spicy squid salad, Baked Snow Crab Hand Roll or the Gold Coast Crunch Roll with Red Snapper, cucumber, avocado and splendid sauce.
Upstairs is restaurant, downstairs is nightclub.
Sensu is located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, two blocks south of the circle on Meridian Street. It is near Lucas Oil Stadium, Conseco Fieldhouse, hotels, the mall and the Convention Center.
Sensu gives you the best of both worlds, combining an upscale dining experience with a sophisticated nightclub. And the food is to LIVE for!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

We celebrated my birthday at Sensu, just my husband and our two grown children. We used the groupon for a prix fixe dinner for two and ordered additional sushi rolls and shared everything, just as the menu advises you to do. We enjoyed all the sushi, particularly the krusty krab (with a K). Rock shrimp tempura was also wonderful. The main course, which is called crab-shiitake topped filet mignon is tiny, but delicious. They need a diffrent name for it because people expect a chunk of meat, but the dish is only a few tiny slivers of meat over some mashed potatoes. I am not a big eater, so there was pleanty of food for my liking. Also they upgraded our Champaigne from a California inexpensive one to a good French one, probably because it was my B-day. Interestingly, they did not offer us any desert, which is unusual, but we were fine with it. I would recommend it for people who like exquisite food.