“Best Pizza from scratch”

Thr3e Wise Men Brewing Company
Ranked #225 of 2,351 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, American, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Pensacola, Florida
“Best Pizza from scratch”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We just wanted dinner. There was a wait for a table, and a band that was noisy. Their seating was family style picnic tables. So we sat at the far end of the bar. We got friendly attentive service. They have their own brews ice cold on tap and available in gallon jugs or you can order wine. I was disappointed in the limited menu at first, but it's well done. They aren't trying to cover all the bases, just what they do well. They have pizzas and sandwiches mostly, but other pub food too. They make their own chips. They bake their own bread from scratch and make their own pizza sauce and marinara. It was so rich and spicy and delicious! I got goat cheese in marinara with flat bread for dipping. My husband got a pepperoni pizza. I ate leftovers for breakfast the next morning. Even though the bar is prominent and the brewing is on display, they welcome families. We will be back. Or maybe better, if you have friends over for pizza and beer. Splurge. It's worth it.

• Visited March 2014

“This Is OK at Best”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Limited menu, lackluster service but the beer was cold. The place was crowded and filled with families of all sizes. The pizza was so so. The place is noisy and one that I will avoid unless I am thirsty for beer.

Visited September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Surprisingly good spot for business meeting!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I had serious doubts about bringing 25 customers to this brewery/sports bar for a business presentation. No need to worry--the private room was quiet with great A/V support with large TV that connected to my laptop. Food was very good and reasonable and the service was smooth and seamless (thanx, Erin!). This was a new venue for my firm but I would absolutely come back.

• Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Comfortable, Casual”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

On a busy Saturday evening, there was no wait time. Our server, Erin, was very helpful in making choices, since it was a first visit for us. She made suggestions for microbrews, as well. When my husband could not decide, she provided a sample to make sure he liked his choice. The salad for 4 was plenty for the 5 of us, and quite good. The sandwiches were pretty average but unique appetizers more than made up for that. We had a very pleasant meal followed by a nice walk along the Monon trail just outside their door.

• Visited August 2013
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Good food, but long waits”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Several local friends brought me here when I was traveling for business. It came highly recommended. We waited quite a while for a table (understandable, as it was dinner time on a Saturday night). Unfortunately, there was no where to wait and everyone who was also waiting for a table was in the way of both waitstaff and other guests.

We ordered drinks and dinner and our server was great in terms of making recommendations. Unfortunately, our food took over 90 minutes to come out after we had ordered it. It was quite frustrating as we were in a bit of a hurry, and our server could give us no explanation as to what was happening. I work in the restaurant industry and understand when things happen, and knowing what was going on would have made us way more understanding of the situation.

• Visited February 2013