“not bad.”

Ranked #66 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
London
“not bad.”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This hotel is ok, its easy to get to the airport being just off the 465, it is opposite a retail area that includes some good eating establishments, (Teds is of note if you are looking for some where to eat). If you are just peckish the biscuits they have on reception are astounding. Other than that the hotel is unremarkable. There is little to differentiate it from other hotels in the immediate area. The team at the hotel are nice people, always happy to help however there appeared to only ever be one member of staff on duty at any one time. There may be more during the day and at peak times, however this way be why the security doors look more like something you would expect at a late night liquor store. The rooms are large and clean reasonably furnished and with a nice seating area that provides a little more space than some. The bathrooms don't have a sink which strangely is by the door. I don't know if this is a positive or a minus its just a bit strange and i cannot understand why. In summary the hotel appears well run, the staff are proficient and friendly. I found the design of the hotel quirky, but not in a good way. A couple of nice touches the biscuits being the most noteworthy (sorry if i am prattling on about biscuits but they are the best thing about the hotel).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank StegLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I was caught in Indianapolis in a snowstorm this past week, so I chose the Fairfield Inn on 21st. I stayed in a King Suite, which was large and comfortable, but the best part about my stay was the support from the hotel staff. As many restaurants were not delivering because of the snow, Natalie, the night manager, gave me some items from the breakfast bar. She was still there the next morning and lent me an ice scraper to scrape the ice off of my car. I had no complaints about this hotel whatsoever...the service and personal attention to detail was fabulous. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bekka B
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

There is a lot of competition in the hotel industry in Indianapolis, especially in this price range and after the Super Bowl. We were happy to stay at this Fairfield Inn because of its location and access to the interstates and downtown, and because of the King Suite. We have a toddler and needed the extra room.

We arrived quite late and were extremely disappointed to find our non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes. I mean - think cheap Vegas hotel room. After a long drive and with a baby and toddler, I was mortified. I mentioned it to the front desk clerk and she assured me they would take care of it in the AM.

We left early the following morning (9AM) an returned and 1PM to find a dangerous ozone room-shock air freshener machine in the middle of the floor AND our room had not yet been serviced! I unplugged the machine and prayed my young children didn't get sick (coincidentally my toddler did get bronchitis this weekend). No warning about the machine, but it did help the tobacco smell dissipate. I really felt like try should have left a note on the door or something. We left again around 4:30PM and someone serviced the room while we were gone.

The dishes in the suite had bits of food stuck to them. The bathroom floor (ridiculously slippery) had cracked tiles. The water from the sink smelled horribly, I hated to use it to brush our teeth.

It's very noisy, but when you stay next to an interstate you have to expect this. There are no decent restaurants or shopping nearby. Whole Foods is twenty minutes, and downtown is fifteen. A reasonable commute in Indianapolis.

They do have a security presence in the parking lot (thankfully - it's a rough area), so I felt our car was safe.

I really don't know if we will stay at this hotel again when there are so many other options.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Heatherstao
Frederiksberg, Denmark
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I arrived Fairfield inn Suite in Indianapolis around midnight after a drive where I had been quite tired. I parked in front of the hotel and at that moment I really appreciated that fact that they had valet parking. I went in and got my room pretty fast after joking a bit with the receptionist that had some problems finding my Danish name in the system.

They didn’t have minibar in the room so a bought some of water and went up to my room that turned out to really nice. I liked the bed that was a high king size. The room had a nice airy size and the colors used in the room were relaxing. The bathroom was of a really good quality and everything was functioning, as it should.

The hotel was nice, fresh in the colors and it was located close to some of the largest museums in the city.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Chokk
Chicago
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Once, we left the Sheraton Centre Downtown, we checked into the Fairfield where the staff was more than accommodating & knew how to treat their customers. They gave all of us an upgrade on a Suite which, I thought was very nice of them considering, we didn't have a reservation.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colleenleopard
Illinois
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed at this Fairfield on September 24th, 2012. It was late when we arrived and we took one wrong turn before we found the entrance to the hotel, which is shared with a huge Marriott Conference Center but you can't see the sign for the Fairfield until you drive by it. But the hotel was super clean, our room was so quiet and nice, and it was right by the interstate but you wouldn't have known it, at least from our room. The staff was super nice and we would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank studlyIllinois
Dover, Ohio
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I stay at this property frequently on both business and pleasure. Easily located off highway with many choices of place to eat in area. Close to downtown and area attractions. The staff makes the stay away from home enjoyable with the ease of both check-in and check-out.

Highly recommended.