“Nice clean Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis East
Ranked #65 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Clean Fairfield Inn with friendly desk staff. I stayed an entire week in one of the mini-suites which has a seperate living room with microwave and small fridge. Room was clean and bathroom was big. I felt safe in and around the hotel. Free internet in all rooms (so bring your laptop)!

Negatives: nothing going on in the immediate area. Few fast food places but no nice restaurants nearby. Boring neighborhood. Free breakfast in the morning is a joke. Coffee, tea, OJ and a few pieces of fruit. Nothing more.

Overall a good stay at this hotel. But, Indy overall is a boring small city.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 August 2008

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. I was upgraded to a mini-suite which was a nice size. They held a BBQ for us in the evening, which I hadn't expected. Basic burgers and dogs, but free nonetheless. I was on a road trip and found this to be the nicest hotel of the lot up to that point. Would definitely stay there again. The location is a bit odd, sharing a property with a full service Marriott conference center, and with little else in the neighborhood of interest. The breakfast wasn't appealing to me, but I walked up the street a bit and found a good omlette.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 August 2008

Stayed here on a road trip. The hotel is your standard Fairfield/Hampton/Holiday Inn Express. The A/C was a bit noisy, and was either too cold or off. Our room was a "mini-suite" which was actually an oversized room with a walled off area as you enter with a couch & TV. Small, but it offers a little privacy from the bedroom area. Breakfast buffet was as expected. Overall, no problems, but as an interesting note, the hotel sits in a complex of three Marriott hotels, with a huge deserted parking lot. A little unsettling! The hotel is easy on/off from the I70.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank TravelingTGS
Reviewed 10 November 2007

This particular Fairfield has an interesting definition of what makes a room non-smoking. Apparently, all they feel is required for a room that has been smoked in for years, is a single pass with a can of air freshener. I can tell you from 2 stays at this location, it does not work and the rooms are quite disgusting. If you are a non-smoker, I would not advise a stay here. I found myself sneezing during the majority of the stay and had frequent headaches. The hotel needs a complete remodel of the rooms to qualify for non-smoking.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ChicagoJohn6
Reviewed 19 October 2007

I contacted this property directly 6 months prior to our stay. I was very specific as to what room I 'did not' want. I checked back with the hotel directly one week prior to arrival, and again specified what I did not want. I was told "Yes - we have you all taken care of. " When I checked in, I asked the desk clerk if the room was next to elevator and vending, I was assured, again, that it was not. I got everything in a room that I had specifically said I did not want. My door and the elevator door were adjacent, the vending machine was immediately outside my door, when I opened the window I had a nice view of a roof and a brick wall. This was room 223. The closet is about two feet wide - space is taken from the room because of an equipment area in the hallway. We were in town for our son's wedding - I did not sleep at all the night we were in this hotel - the mattress was very poor quality - I felt like I was holding on to the side of a cliff all night to keep from falling off. The next day when we should have been spending time with our son we were tied up moving to another hotel. When I checked out I was told by the person on duty that all standard double rooms were next to elevators - if I had been told that six months earlier I would have found another hotel. This person was very helpful in finding another room at the Marriott next door - but all I wanted was to have no hassle with accommodations - I just wanted to check in and then enjoy the weekend with my son.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank Scorch685
Reviewed 27 March 2006

My wife and I recently enjoyed a stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis East.

Our stay was great and I would give this hotel an excellent rating were it not for one thing only - location. The area that this hotel is located in frankly has seen better days. It's not a bad area, don't get me wrong, it's just not as nice as other areas of Indianapolis. In order to find nicer places to shop and eat we had to drive about 10 miles north of the area to Castleton.

Our room was very nice, very clean, and well decorated. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. Although the walk-in shower design made sure quite a bit of water made it out of the shower. A floor drain was located just outside the shower - most likely for this reason. The TV buzzed but had a nice selection of channels.

The continental breakfast bar was ok - not spectacular, but in a very nice area.

My only complaint with the hotel itself was the presence of a couple of geese that guarded the bridge access to the hotel. It was the only way in and the geese would attack each car as it drove over.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank bsktgrvy
Reviewed 20 February 2006

I have stayed in this hotel twice in the last six months, and have been very impressed with all aspects of the hotel. I always stay in an extended king suite, which includes a king bed, a sofa bed, and two large televisions. The bathroom is also a very nice size. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job in preparing the room. The hotel provided free high speed internet access which easy to use.

The hotel had a nice exercise room. It is part of a complex that includes what looks like an old Marriott. I ate at the restaurant in that hotel and it was not very good. They offered me an upgrade to the Marriott, but I was very happy with the size of the room and the comfort of the bed, so I stayed in the Fairfield. And the staff is very friendly! They welcomed me heartily each time, and knew I had stayed there before on my second visit. It is very likely I will be traveling to Indianapolis a few more times this year, and I plan on staying in this hotel instead of a more expensive hotel downtown.

If there was a downside, it would be the continental breakfast. There wasn't much to it, and the juice wasn't working properly.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business