“Never a Bad Stay”

Ranked #66 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Mount Sterling, Ohio
“Never a Bad Stay”
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I recently stayed at this Fairfield Inn for a second time, this time choosing a king suite. Upon arrival, the check-in process was very smooth and within five minutes I was headed to my room.

The room itself was shaped a little oddly, with not much of a privacy wall between the living and sleeping areas, but the living area was cozy (if not a little overcrowded with furniture). Just between the living area and the bathroom was a mini kitchen area with a coffee pot, microwave, and mini fridge. The fridge seemed to take a while to get items cold, but they were definitely cold after they'd been in overnight. The bedroom was basic: bed, tv, nightstands, overstuffed chair. However, the bed was amazingly comfortable, as always.

The bathroom was very large, with a nice, long vanity with plenty of room to spread things out. The shower had a curved rod, which made it feel larger. The showerhead had great water pressure and I never ran out of hot water.

The only complaint I would have with this room is that the air conditioner was a little bizzare. It seemed no matter how much I adjusted the room temperature up, it would still kick on and run until the room was freezing. I think I spent most of the weekend in a sweatshirt - in August!

I visited the complimentary breakfast area on Saturday morning and found that if you go early, there are plenty of options. There were bagels, yogurt, cereal, toast, and make-them-yourself waffles. Milk, juice, coffee, and tea were also offered.

Overall, I really enjoy staying at this hotel and have made it my hotel of choice for trips to Indy. Being a AAA member gets me really good room rates and the service here is always fantastic.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Virginia
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I was traveling with my two young children and my mother and husband. The room we stayed in had two queen beds and a pull out couch. The room was comfortable and we stayed for two nights. There is a nice pool and whirlpool in the hotel and the kids really enjoyed this feature. My husband also enjoyed the free wireless internet connection in the room. I would recommend this hotel to a family with kids.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Pennsylvania, Usa
Reviewed 24 July 2009

On a recent road trip, we chose the Fairfield Indianapolis East Hotel as a convenient location to I-70 and the southern beltway around the city. It is located in the corner where the two roads intersect. It was perfect for both budget and accommodations. It is located adjacent to the Marriott complex and uses the same entrance. The exterior landscaping is beautiful. The room and public areas were immaculate. We had a jacuzzi suite featuring a "real" jacuzzi large enough for two people. It was wonderful. They designed in shutters leading to the room to allow watching TV from the jacuzzi, but more importantly, to improve access to the water faucets when starting the tub. Privacy can be attained by simply closing the shutters. The room also had a large separate shower unit. The room also had a microwave, refrigerator, and safe. The beds were extremely comfortable, and even though I-70 was near, we heard no road noise. There are several popular restaurant chains nearby, if you choose not to walk to the Marriott's restaurants, and the desk has a list of nearby restaurants with directions available on request. This hotel was exceptional for this category of hotel, and we will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Clean Fairfield Inn with friendly desk staff. I stayed an entire week in one of the mini-suites which has a seperate living room with microwave and small fridge. Room was clean and bathroom was big. I felt safe in and around the hotel. Free internet in all rooms (so bring your laptop)!

Negatives: nothing going on in the immediate area. Few fast food places but no nice restaurants nearby. Boring neighborhood. Free breakfast in the morning is a joke. Coffee, tea, OJ and a few pieces of fruit. Nothing more.

Overall a good stay at this hotel. But, Indy overall is a boring small city.

Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Campbell, CA
Reviewed 27 August 2008

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. I was upgraded to a mini-suite which was a nice size. They held a BBQ for us in the evening, which I hadn't expected. Basic burgers and dogs, but free nonetheless. I was on a road trip and found this to be the nicest hotel of the lot up to that point. Would definitely stay there again. The location is a bit odd, sharing a property with a full service Marriott conference center, and with little else in the neighborhood of interest. The breakfast wasn't appealing to me, but I walked up the street a bit and found a good omlette.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 August 2008

Stayed here on a road trip. The hotel is your standard Fairfield/Hampton/Holiday Inn Express. The A/C was a bit noisy, and was either too cold or off. Our room was a "mini-suite" which was actually an oversized room with a walled off area as you enter with a couch & TV. Small, but it offers a little privacy from the bedroom area. Breakfast buffet was as expected. Overall, no problems, but as an interesting note, the hotel sits in a complex of three Marriott hotels, with a huge deserted parking lot. A little unsettling! The hotel is easy on/off from the I70.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank TravelingTGS
Chicago
Reviewed 10 November 2007

This particular Fairfield has an interesting definition of what makes a room non-smoking. Apparently, all they feel is required for a room that has been smoked in for years, is a single pass with a can of air freshener. I can tell you from 2 stays at this location, it does not work and the rooms are quite disgusting. If you are a non-smoker, I would not advise a stay here. I found myself sneezing during the majority of the stay and had frequent headaches. The hotel needs a complete remodel of the rooms to qualify for non-smoking.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Smoke smell in several non-smoking rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ChicagoJohn6