“Good business travel experience”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #29 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Good business travel experience”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

This was the first time I had ever been to Indianapolis, so I was unsure where to stay. I was traveling for business and I opted to stay in a pretty central location, which is how I wound up at Marriott Indianspolis Downtown. Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay.

Coming from Chicago, I was able to drive rather than fly. I arrived on a Sunday evening and left my car with the valet - $35 a night, which is kind of steep in my opinion. After checking in, I had dinner with a colleague at the sportsbar in the lobby (Champions, I think it was called). It was very busy and loud (NFL games were on) but reasonably priced, and I enjoyed the delicious (albeit unhealthy) bar food. There is also another restaurant in the lobby, which looks like a more upscale American cuisine grill. I saw the menu and it looked good, but I didn't have the opportunity to try it.

The room was nice, with all of the ammenities you would expect on a business trip. The room was booked under my boss' name, and he's a Marriott rewards member, so I got to enjoy the perks of being on the floor with the Concierge Lounge (great appetizers in the evening, delicious breakfast in the morning). The king-size bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and large. My only two complaints: the room was quite warm at night. I set the thermostat as low as it would go, but it still remained pretty warm. There was also no circulation, so I woke up feeling a little bit suffocated. Also no fan in the bathroom, which is one of my standard pet peeves with hotels. However, everything else was very satisfactory.

The lobby is beautiful and the service was very pleasant. Also, the hotel is within walking distance to some of the great restaurants in downtown Indianapolis. I would stay here again.

1 Thank Sarah Z
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Indy Marriott Downtown. I am happy you enjoyed your stay in Indianapolis. We hope to see you again soon!

Phil Ray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This was my first time staying at the Downtown Marriott and I was very impressed. There were several valets to greet us, a doorman, employees in the lobby directing and helping guests. The front desk was very friendly and helpful along with everyone else working this weekend. I would recommend the property for family stays, business meetings or the romantic getaway as downtown access is all within walking distance.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor overlooking the baseball stadium, quiet and a pretty view.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Indy Marriott Downtown. I am happy you enjoyed your stay for the Big 10 Football weekend. We hope to see you again soon!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 November 2012

There is no easy way to sum up this hotel. It was clean, spacious, affordable for the quality, and located right off of circle centre, connected to the skywalk. My wife, her mom, and I took a weekend trip to downtown Indy, and this is where we stayed. The staff was friendly, pool was clean, and on-site restaurants were wonderful.

The only complaint was the price of parking.. but you have that with any hotel in any downtown area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kingsrattler
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Thank you for your nice comments. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again soon.

Phil
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This hotel was absolutely wonderful - so much so that I contacted Marriott directly to let them know what a great property they have in Indy. As stated elsewhere, the service is impeccable. The entire staff plays a gracious host, and goes out of their way to ensure your stay is wonderful. It seems like the entire lobby greets you upon arrival, and wishes you a good day as you leave each time, and not in a disingenuous way. The concierge lounge staff was also wonderful - so friendly, and ready to engage you in conversation (or not, if that's not your cup of tea).

The rooms are spotless, and average size, but the beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious, with plenty of counter space for your travel items. The concierge lounge has a great breakfast (both hot and cold items), as well as a yummy desserts and hearty cocktail hour snacks (you can easily make a proper dinner out of them). I didn't eat in the restaurants on-site, but they seem to be popular outside of hotel guests, so I imagine they are at least decent.

Finally, the location is great. Nearly everything is within a 5 minute walk, either indoor or outdoor.

I can't recommend this property enough. Marriott has absolutely got it right with the Marriott Indianapolis Downtown.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers face the capitol building.
3 Thank Eknels
Thank you fro staying with us and we are hppy your experience was excellent! I am happy you enjoyed our staff service.

Fremont, Indiana
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I must admit the hotel is in great shape and the location is very good. The thing that angered me was that I had to pay $56 to park my car for 24 hours (not including Valet tips). We were in Indy to watch the Colts game and decided to spend the extra money to use the Valet parking and were told the cost was $35. My wife called the front desk and asked if we could leave our car until the game concluded and they said, "Yes, that is no problem at all". We then had our car brought around so we could put our belongings in before check out. Again, I asked the Valet if it was ok to leave our vehicle until the game was over, and again he simply replied "yes, no problem". When we returned, they asked how I wanted to pay the extra $21 for extended parking. They had TWO OPPORTUNITIES to inform us that there would be an additional parking charge! I thought this was VERY DECEPTIVE! If you include the tips I gave to the Valet I paid $63 TO PARK FOR 24 HOURS! I am not a negative person and write many more positive reviews than negative.

Room Tip: Do not use the hotel parking. Ask a lot of questions if you think there may be a charge involved bec...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RDriver
Thank you for staying with us at the Indy Marriott Hotel. I apologize for the poor communication by our valet staff regarding our parking rates and the cost to extend your stay. I know we were able to contact you directly to correct the misunderstanding.

We appreciate your business and thank you for bringing your problem to our attention.

We hope to see you again the next time you come back to Indianapolis.

riskmanager4u
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed 3 nights. The rooms are updated and clean. They aren't huge...but they are very nice. The hotel is attached to downtown shopping via skywalk (and a short inside walk). Breakfast buffet in the hotel was great! The staff was very friendly as well. Parking is $35 a day for valet. I booked my room on Priceline and got a great rate.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you fro staying with us and we are happy your experience was excellent! I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and our staff service.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This hotel is in the heart of the city. Lots of places to walk to for food and drink. This was my first stay at this Marriott. I was not disappointed. My room was big, the bed was awesome. The staff were spot on. Could not walk anywhere without them saying hello, good day, or how are you. This place must have good mgt. If you have the opportunity to be on the concierge floor, its worth it. You get lots of snacks and drinks. Breakfast will filling. I would recommend this place for a business trip or for family. Some of the restaurants i visited were: PF Changs, Webber Grill, and Ruth Chris. All within walking dist. I did a tripadvisor on each of the restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you fro staying with us and we are happy your experience was excellent! I am happy you enjoyed our staff and the location of our hotel.