“Perfect for my needs”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #26 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed here in March of 2013 for a business conference. It is located directly across from the convention center - and accessible by Sky Way so I didn't have to go outside in the 30 degree weather. Win! I had a colleague that was staying a couple of hotels over and she was able to also get to my hotel via Sky Way. Once in the convention center we also had access to the mall a couple blocks down via Sky Way... I actually don't think I had to go outside once after I checked in until I left.

I ate at Champions Sports Bar twice- the food was really good! I was there on St. Patrick's day and they had beer specials. Another Win.

The pool left something to be desired... it was dark and kind of creepy at night. There was a Jacuzzi which was nice. The water was super hot- nice to relax in at the end of the day. The Jacuzzi itself looks old, like they maybe needed to refinish the bottom again- but it was fine.

The bed was LOVELY! So comfy! The room was fairly standard. There was, however, plenty of counter space in the bathroom- which has a HUGE baring on how i judge any hotel.

The only issue I encountered was the billing at the end of the trip. I shared a room with another colleague and she was supposed to take all the charges on her card because she'd been advanced the money. When she checked out the front desk gave her a total, which seemed low to her, and closed the room account. They had, in fact, charged my card for the other half (which I had put on the room upon check-in for incidentals). I had told the woman who checked me in that we'd be paying the total bill on another card. Apparently that did not get communicated. In the end they reversed everything and charged the correct person- so it worked out- just a little annoying to deal with.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for completing the survey. We appreciate your business and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry about the billing issue at checkout.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Went on business to this Marriott which is walking distance to convention centre and a mall a block away. Not a lot of restaurants or shopping outside the mall but acceptable for business travel. Also experience the JW Marriott next door as far as their restaurants and meeting rooms and they were also good for business gatherings.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

The location of our hotel is great for business and for conventions.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

This hotel was perfect, however, I can't remember anything about it two weeks later. I suppose that is a good thing if you are a business traveler. The location is perfect for business. It is a short ride from the airport and within walking distance of many restaurants.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

All Marriott's have well-trained amiable people. This Marriott is big on welcoming people. Everyone from the bellmen, to the front desk people, to the marvelous shoe specialist and poet Malcolm, is someone you'll remember and perhaps be remembered by. If you are disappointed at other hotels, make sure to visit Malcolm for an exchange of philosophies AND a shoe shine of your boots, suede shoes or even sneakers! The lobby is vast so the welcome is needed. Sleeping rooms are immaculate and well appointed. They do turn down service so discreetly you never run into the housekeeping staff but they never miss making your room feel a little homey.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Our hotel is perfect for Colts football games and our city has friendly people to make the visit enjoyable.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We went to a Texans game at Lucas Stadium in December. The hotel was within walking distance of the stadium all covered. Despite being from the opposing team, everyone was very friendly. The hotel was beautiful, clean, spacious, and very comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and your experience was excellent! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

stayed here for business..... great customer service by all staff... met all my requirements ... especially Rosette, Lauren, Johny, Courtney, Jamila.... perfect for business trips.... bathrooms need to be updated however i have been told they will be redone :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

We are a great location for events at Lucas Oil Stadium!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Came to Indy for the Supercross at Kucas Oil Stadium.
Valet parking had excellent quick helpful service.
Check in was quick and pleasant
Room was great
Close to the stadium...within 10 minutes walking.
Free breakfast in the 18th floor lounge was good.
I would recommend this hotel and hope to come back next year.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thanks for staying with us for the Supercross event. I an happy the experience was excellent and we hope to see you again very soon!