“Awkward bathroom, comfortable bed”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #32 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Awkward bathroom, comfortable bed”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

The room was comfortable, but the prson who designed the bathroom clearky had issues with toilet seats, because in order to flush, you have to close the lid. Not a big deal, but odd. The rooftop pool was highly enjoyable, though the card reader to access it was somewhat tempermental. Also, the marble floors outside the elevators, while pretty, are a serious slippage risk when coming from the pool, by which I mean both my son and I slipped in the water near the elevator on the pool floor.
The location was spectacular, the view lovely, and the establishment clean. The lobby was comfortable for late evening visiting, and the stagf was friendly.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to complete a survey. I agree that the toilet is a unique design. I am happy that you enjoyed the pool area and we will take a look at the door lock mechanism to make sure it is operating properly.

We hope to see you back again the next time you are in Indy.

Phil Ray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I'm loyal to Marriott and I am no princess. I found several long hairs in my bathroom--on the floor, on the sink. There were also short hairs in the shower--on the walls and curtain. I know it's hard to get all hair and I understand a stray occasionally, but this was bad. [I never complained during my stay but am here because I found MORE hair (clearly not mine) after my first night when I returned at end of day after maid had been there--as if they are using a broom that is spreading rather than picking up hair.]

I heard guests both above (dropping something in bathroom) and beside me (running water). I also heard guests talking next door. They were being too loud but it highlighted lack of insulation.

Upside: lobby staff was very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete a survey. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. This will allow us to make corrective action so this does not happen to any of our future guests.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Indianapolis.

Indiana
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I chose to stay at the Marriott for the night before my wedding with my matron of honor and one of my bridesmaids. Check in was a breeze. The hotel seemed to be in fabulous shape and I was very impressed with the decor. I had reserved on priceline so I knew there was no guarantee of bed type, but I did request two queen beds and received my request. The bathroom was HUGE! I've stayed in a lot of hotels and I was seriously impressed with how large the bathroom was! The beds were ridiculously comfortable and other than some noise in the halls from out of town visitors, we weren't disturbed much. The only downside was that it was difficult to figure out where parking was - and I say this as someone who has lived in Indianapolis pretty much her entire life. It was about 10pm by the time we checked in, so at night its difficult to see where to go. Other than that, I was really happy with our stay and would absolutely stay at another property in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Congratulations on your wedding and I am happy you chose to stay with us the night before the big day! Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete a survey. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers.

We love to have guests celebrate special occasions with us and we hope to see you again the next time you decide to stay in downtown Indy.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is probably the best club lounge in the Marriott chain. The service, the views, did I mention the service! They were incredibly attentive and busy. The hotel is strategically located near the canal, NCAA, museum and cultural trail. The only negative was the convention space. We needed to go through one convention to get to ours and the meeting rooms were split among multiple floors - very confusing. But excellent service staff was always available to help.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us in downtown Indianapolis and for completing a survey. We hope to see you the next time you visit!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were very impressed with the staffs ability to handle a extremely busy weekend. With IU students in town for formals, football fans in for the weekend and other guests the hotel was jam packed. The lobby was constantly loud and abuzz, however once we reached our floor things were quiet and hushed. We were impressed with the speed of check in and our end room facing Lucas Field was a bit smaller in size than a typical king size bedroom but was well appointed and decorated with up to date furnishings.

Service was excellent from the request for turn down service to the busy breakfast scene at the restaurant everything was handled perfectly. Only gripes were the inconsistent water pressure in the room in the morning.

Room Tip: End rooms are quieter but a bit smaller.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay at the Indy Marriott Downtown Hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and the staff service was excellent. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed at the JW Marriott in October as part of a group that had an event at the hotel. The location is awesome, we could walk to the amazing restaurants close by, they have a nice town car available out-front of the hotel that we took to dinner one night, the restaurant is excellent, the wait staff, Greg and Aaron, were so helpful and quick reliable service was especially appreciated.

The employees at this hotel really care about their guests and do everything to make them feel welcome and well served.

Karla Justice

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay in Indianapolis. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Warwick, New York
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stay in a lot of Marriotts throughout the year and this one was slightly better than the average. Rooms were decent size and location was perfect, right downtown amongst the action. Hotel has done a good job of updating (even if the decor is somewhat funky, but that seems to be the trend). I'd rather have new and funky than worn out. Here's something you don't often consider in a large hotel: elevator wait time. In this hotel, there's no wait at all, push the button and a door opens, wow! Why are there so many hotels where you wait forever for an elevator, it's maddening. I'll tell you why, not all of the elevators are functional. This hotel seems to know how to keep them all working.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and the efficient elevator speed. We hope to see you again soon!