“Perfect place to Stay, but not park.”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #31 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Los Angeles
“Perfect place to Stay, but not park.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Overall the hotel met my needs. Close to most everything you need except Shapiro's Deli which I could take another paragraph to write about. No in room refrigerator which is always nice to have. Starbucks in lobby is very convenient for SB addicts of which I am not. My only was I had to have a car for what I was in town for and the choices were limited. We paid the $35 a night for the valet option. The service was impeccable so in that respect it was worth having. But at that rate it beats most major cities (as to what they charge) I have been to so.......

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and your experience was excellent! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Phil Ray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is just a little on the outside of the downtown but within reasonable walking distance from great restaurants.

I stayed here Oct 27-29 on the 18th floor. The hotel is connected to the convention center so if you are coming to a conference during the winter, this would be a great place to stay.

The meeting spaces at the hotel were fantastic and the hotel staff you helped serve the conference were even better.

The best person I ran into at the hotel was Sharron in the concierge lounge on the 18th floor. She was not only extremely friendly, but she was very knowledge on where to go in town and what kind of places we should go to based on what we were looking for.

Small thing that stood out to me also: all public bathrooms on floors 1 and 2 have baby stations.

Room Tip: High floor made for great views.

Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was scheduled to stay with the Downtown Marriott, but had to cancel my trip the day prior due to a death in the family. Peter, who answered the phone, and his manager Kasey (sorry if misspelled) were very understanding and compassionate helping to make my cancellation process easy and one less thing to worry about. On that alone, I plan to stay there when my trip is rescheduled.

Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

St Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

The staff at the Marriott was very friendly, the hotel was clean, and concierge was helpful and friendly. Starbucks in the lobby for the morning wakeup. No fridge in the room. No way to just run the fan on the HVAC system, which I detest. I like the background noise of the fan to drown out the city sounds and the drunks talking very loudly in the hall! Gym was very average. Marriott is very hard to get room upgrades even with Platinum status, this hotel no exception. Great location, easy walking to many restaurants. Nice elevated hall way connecting hotels and convention center.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am sorry that your overall stay and experience was not excellent. I am sorry that you experienced issues with the guest room noise and the quality of the health club. I have reviewed your comments with my operational team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will choose to give us another opportunity and stay with us again the next time you come to Indianapolis.

State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went to a meeting that was being held in the hotel. The room was fine, getting breakfast in the concierge lounge and having access to free food and drinks all day was an unexpected perk. Also, the central location, within walking distance to most major tourist attractions, was wonderful for us as we did not have a car.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nancy W
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your experience was very good. I am sorry that you experienced was not excellent. I have reviewed your comments with my operational team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you come to Indianapolis.

Garrett, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel was great with excellent service. The hotel is conveniently located across from the convention center and Lucas Oil Stadium. Also, there are many restaurants and bars within easy walking distance.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

The room was comfortable, but the prson who designed the bathroom clearky had issues with toilet seats, because in order to flush, you have to close the lid. Not a big deal, but odd. The rooftop pool was highly enjoyable, though the card reader to access it was somewhat tempermental. Also, the marble floors outside the elevators, while pretty, are a serious slippage risk when coming from the pool, by which I mean both my son and I slipped in the water near the elevator on the pool floor.
The location was spectacular, the view lovely, and the establishment clean. The lobby was comfortable for late evening visiting, and the stagf was friendly.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to complete a survey. I agree that the toilet is a unique design. I am happy that you enjoyed the pool area and we will take a look at the door lock mechanism to make sure it is operating properly.

We hope to see you back again the next time you are in Indy.