“Nice hotel”

Ranked #32 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Staff at check-in could have been friendlier but they were otherwise nice. I stayed with work for a conference. The rooms for the conference were a bit on the small side. The hotel rooms were really nice, good showers and beds, and clean. The food at the conference was lacking in quality but that's not surprising.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your experience was very good. I am sorry that you experienced was not excellent. I have reviewed your comments with my operational team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you come to Indianapolis.

Phil Ray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My friend, her daughter, my daughter and I were in town for a marching band competition. I am usually nervous booking hotels online, but as soon as I walked into the lobby I knew I made a great choice. The wait to check in was minimal and on a Saturday! Our room was ready 3 hours early and our requests that we made online were taken care of. We even asked to be in rooms near each other and when they realized we were on different floors both people checking us in worked together and got us right across the hall from each other. The room was very clean and the beds were extra comfortable. Everyone we met was friendly and helpful. The valet guys were awesome, sorry I can't remember all the names, but I remember Sean. My only regret was that we were only in town for one night. I'll be staying here next time I come to Indianapolis.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and your experience was excellent! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My trip to the Marriott Indianapolis Downtown was not as pleasant as I would have expected from a Marriott property. I had made a reservation for two rooms, but when I checked in at 4:20pm, only one room was ready. As the front desk attendant mentioned, guaranteed check-in was at 4pm. She apologized and stated that there was a large number of check-ins and check-outs that day, so the cleaning crew was behind. She also mentioned that she had no idea how long the wait was going to be. I want to sympathize with this, but assuming these people also had reservations, the hotel should know in advance how many check-ins and check-outs would occur on a given day and prepare for it.

The other couple and their child traveling with us had to stay in my room until their room was ready. When walking down the hall, we noticed two room attendants who didn’t seem to be in a hurry to clean a room next to ours. We called the front desk and asked for the room next to ours for the other couple. The front desk agreed. Later, the hotel staff gave the other couple and their child free vouchers for the breakfast buffet the next morning, but nothing for those staying in my room.
The staff was friendly in all interactions and it seems they did what they could to make the situation better. The valet staff was excellent and literally ran to get the car when we requested it. The bell staff was also great. We asked them to hold our bags while we attended the Colts game. When we approached the hotel after the game, they recognized us and retrieved our bags before we even entered the door.

The rooms left a little to be desired. The walls were thin, especially bathroom-to-bathroom. We could hear EVERYTHING going on in the neighbor’s bathroom. The room was clean except for the moldy shower (picture included). The pool was great! It seemed to be made of stainless steel and had a very nice smooth bottom.

Overall, the bathroom needed to be cleaned, we had to wait for a room past check-in time, and our whole group was inconvenienced, but only half of us were given anything to make up for it. The staff was friendly and tried to make up for it, but not successfully. I’ll give Marriott another shot based on my previous good experiences in their hotels, but I’ll try to forget this experience.

Room Tip: Thin walls, especially bathroom-to-bathroom. Quiet conversations could clearly be heard.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris B
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am sorry that your overall stay and experience was not excellent. I am sorry that you experienced issues with the room not ready at check in, guest room noise and bathroom cleanliness. I have reviewed your comments with my operational team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will choose to give us another opportunity and stay with us again the next time you come to Indianapolis.

Wareham, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is very much a Marriott hotel. The Valet, Conceirge and desk staff were all accommodating. Conference and banquet staff were all efficient. The room was clean and comfortable with a view of Lucas Stadium. The first night I could here running water in the middle of the night from the rooms around me so I ended up closing the bathroom door to keep the noise to a minumum the following night, only to hear people coming home late and doors slamming.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay away from the elevators (with 6 elevators, there can be a lot of noise)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Bellwood, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Drove up and valet came out asked if I was with my group and did I need parking, explained self park cheaper and explained where to park. Parked in underground pkg and while checking in same valet asked if all went well. Check in very nice and very quick. King bed and room is huge. So far everyone so accommodating. Thank you to me meeting group who found this gem. Staring at Lucas field, except colts are out of town. Looking forward to trying restaurants. So far all great

Room Tip: Room 545 last room. I would not want this one because of locale. Opposite end is ice machine, but ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Hollywood, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is the second time staying at the Marriot downtown Indianapolis, not by choice, it is the hotel that hosts an annual conference I attend. The service in the hotel is excellent and all the staff are very friendly and very willing to help. The hotel is beautiful and spacious as are the hotel rooms. My one and only criticism: the hotel walls are very thin and you hear your neighbors. On this last visit, I was up till late at night because my neighbor went on and on on her cellphone! I will admit I am a little difficult when it comes to noise like that, but I figured I would warn you. If you can sleep through noise, then this will not be an issue.
If you are planning a conference or catered affair, this is a wonderful hotel. The conference I attend has about a 1000 attendees and dozens of concurrent sessions and the hotel pulls if off wonderfully. The catered breakfasts and breaks were excellent.
Location is also very good, it is smack in the middle of downtown.

Room Tip: The only reason I grade the rooms as average, are the thin walls between rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

In Indianapolis for a conference held here. Rooms were nice, clean and well furnished. Stayed on a higher floor, so there was a nice view of parks, campus and the JW Marriott tower to the west. Climate control in the room does not offer too many options. Doors close loudly, so you hear all of your neighbors, which is a slight nuisance.

Conference facilities are excellent! Nice rooms, good food service, nice people.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business