“Got the typical priceline room”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #29 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Got the typical priceline room”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Got a room on the 18th floor, right next to a closet used by employees. All night long someone was going in and out . I have traveled all over, and I was appalled at the 35.00 valet. This is Indianapolis, not New York or Chicago. When we arrived the valet told us,the hotel parking garage was full, and we could use the valet or park some place down the street. Girl at desk told us, that were lucky that they still had a room. Since they were full. What kind of crap is that. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay or park here. Pick another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
David K, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for your staying with us during your recent visit to Indianapolis. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the valet prices and sorry that you had challenges with parking and noise during your stay. Additionally, I use your Front Desk experience and work with our Front Office Manager to ensure a better experience in the future for all our guests as your interaction with our staff is not the norm for us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here for a recent long weekend (Fri-Sun nights). We arrived on Valentine's Day and my husband had arranged for flowers to be in the room when we arrived. That didn't happen, but the flowers were found and delivered while we were in the bar, along with complimentary wine and chocolate, which was nice.

The staff was very helpful and friendly wherever we went. We had a family package which included a free breakfast buffet for 2 adults and one child each morning, and a free pizza dinner one of the nights. They very considerately allowed our teen to eat the breakfast for free also. The beds were very comfortable, as were the pillows (a rare thing in a hotel, IMO!). We were in room 329, which was great for access to the pool and gym, but had a view of a wall, which wasn't very picturesque. The room was fairly quiet, except for the idiots knocking on our door at 1am on Friday, but that could happen anywhere. (We did bring our white noise machine and I'm sure that helped).

The only drawbacks were:
no free wifi in the rooms (only in the lobby area). Seriously? Even the cheapest motels we've stayed in have had free wifi
no fan in the bathroom
Ridiculous daily cost to park (which I suppose is standard in any large city downtown hotel, but still *ouch!*)
The pool and hot tub area need major updating. The pool and hot tub looked rusty and worn.

The location was good. We were able to walk to most of what we wanted to see (capitol, war memorial, several museums, NCAA Hall). There must have been a couple of big events on Saturday, because the lobby on Sunday morning looked like a convention floor, the line at Starbucks was about 50 people long, and the wait for an elevator was so long we gave up and sought out the stairs. The gym was fine, and not crowded any of the three mornings I used it.

We'd defnintely stay here again.

Room Tip: The third floor was great to have access to the pool and gym, but the view was of a stone wall. Choo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with over the Valentine Weekend.

I’m glad to see that you had a very positive experience with our staff as you mentioned that that they were helpful and friendly. I apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay and will review this with our overnight team to better patrol our hallways after hours to ensure our future guests will not experience this issue.

Our hotel is fortunate to be located downtown where we are close to many of the Indy attractions in which you had listed and it becomes a major attraction for conventions to take place here at the hotel which is what you experienced during your weekend with us.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The hotel was very clean. Our room faced downtown, and was beautiful. The room had plenty of room and the furniture was comfortable. I would not want to stay here for business because the room layout wasn't the best for working. The hotel staff was polite and helpful.

Room Tip: get a room facing the city
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
David K, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for staying at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown.
We appreciate your valuable comments and look forward to your future stay with us.
If there is anything we can do to make room more comfortable from a layout perspective in the future, please let us know.

Best Regards

David Khey
Resident Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 February 2014

While I didn't stay in the overnight rooms myself...I had a group of customers stay there. I had no complaints. From the beginning of the meeting planning the hotel staff was very accommodating to our needs. I have held meetings at other hotels and sometimes the staff makes me nervous when I have special requests but at the Marriott I could tell they knew what they were doing! I would definitely recommend this hotel for a meeting or event. I worked with Corey in their sales department.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete an online survey. I am happy you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown the next time you visit Indy.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife & I traveled to Indianapolis a few months ago for a Jack Johnson concert. While in town we stayed at the Marriott Downtown. We had a very good stay at this hotel. They have done a good job with renovations, as the rooms were nice & clean. I was able to bid for this hotel on Priceline & I got an incredible price. We were here over the weekend, and therefore were able to park at the Government parking garage for $10 for the whole weekend. It's within walking distance to many great restaurants, and we were able to take a cab to the venue with no problems. The next time we are in Indy, I will definitely consider this hotel first.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Best part about this place was the close proximity to everything. Didn't even have to take the car to get from place to place except when going out of the city for work.

Little bothered by the lack of wifi in the rooms ($10 a night? really?). Otherwise good place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Our room was lovely. Room service was prompt and friendly. The kids loved the pool. This was very convenient to downtown areas and very close to the Indianapolis zoo, which is where we were headed. The downside was the waiting upwards of 15 minutes to get our car back from valet when we were in a hurry to get to our appointment in the morning. The crazy thing is that we weren't waiting in line or anything, but our valet guy was gone for a L-O-N-G time... Four staff members were standing in the lobby area chatting together while our group of four waiting there with all of our luggage. I was about to ask one of them, who looked to be a manager, if he would look into the matter of where our long-gone valet was with our car. I was even suspecting an accident or something. Crazy. Turned out fine, but we were late to our appointment. We would stay there again, but would skip the pricey, slow valet parking. One minor detail that I wish more hotel rooms would address -- PLEASE PUT AN AVAILABLE PLUG NEAR ENOUGH TO THE BED TO BE ABLE TO CHARGE OVERNIGHT AND STILL HAVE IT WITHIN REACH. I hate having to move the nightstand, looking for an plug, only to find no available outlets. Pet peeve.

Room Tip: Ask to have the $30 or so up-charge to your room in order to have access to the concierge lounge. V...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to complete an online survey. I am sorry that our self parking option was not available for your stay and we were only able to offer valet parking and other parking options in the city.

I am happy that overall you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown the next time you visit Indy.