“Great downtown location”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #27 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently had several business meetings in/near downtown Indianapolis and found this hotel to be very well located for my needs. The staff is friendly and informative. The rooms were high quality and the restaurant was superb. Highly recommended for business meetings with Simon Properties which is right next door. Excellent value.

Room Tip: I stayed on the concierge level which was very convenient.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I was in town for a convention and the location of the Marriott could not be better. The convention center was a short skywalk stroll away and all the best downtown restaurants are within walking distance. The rooms were nice and the lobby was a great place to hang out. The Concierge Lounge was a little in the small side but was nice.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel several times in the past year! It's always excellent! My last stay was in a March for a 2-day conference. The valet staff, servers, and front desk are always nice and helpful! The room was spotless! Rooms appear renovated and modern! I would definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week in this hotel as it was the designated hotel for the conference he was attending. It was not somewhere I would ever choose for a holiday. And I expect most people there were also attending conferences at the nearby convention centre. The room was clean but the general appearance of the hotel was soulless and boring. It was expensive and wifi( not fast) breakfast and parking were quite a bit extra.

• Stayed: March 2014
David K, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay here with us at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown. As a downtown hotel we strive to be competitive with our parking * breakfast pricing as it’s very important for us. I apologize that you experienced with our internet was not positive and will look into this.

We appreciate your business and hope that we have the opportunity to host any future stay with us in Indianapolis.

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My experience at this Marriott started with a warm, smiling host named Prince. He was right inside the front door at my arrival. He assisted me at the front desk and got me settled into a great room on the 22 floor. The room was very clean with a great view of the capitol building. The bathrooms in this hotel (and I'm not sure if they are all the same size on every floor) are perfect! They are big enough and there is plenty of counter space! The walkways between this hotel and the convention center and the JW Marriott are a great thing to have when it is snowing outside! I really enjoy traveling to Indianapolis, and I look forward to another conference in that city soon! I'll definitely be back at this Marriott!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels! I love that there is a Starbucks Coffee in the lobby and the rooms are also fabulous (more up to date than when compared to the JW Marriott not too far away). I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times were enjoyable. My room was always cleaned and orderly. Another reason I really like this hotel is because of the location, it is in a great spot when you want to go out for food since everything is near. Would stay at this location again!

Room Tip: My favorite room was one that overlooked the Lucas Oil Stadium. Has a nice view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have stayed at this property several times returning without any doubt of what I will find. All visits have been for business, though I have experienced locations around town as well. The address allows you to easily walk to great restaurants and attractions with ease. Keep in mind that Indianapolis now has an indoor skywalk to get to many locations around downtown without going outside. This is a blessing in the winter months. I use is often as it is open from 6am to 11pm. Easy access to the convention center and downtown, the property is always immaculately maintained and the rooms are spacious, clean and modern. A+

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business