“Not what I expected from Marriott!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indianapolis Marriott Downtown

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #34 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Not what I expected from Marriott!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Looking to try a new different hotel downtown and decided to try our Marriott. Big mistake!

When I arrived and pulled into the parking garage the attendant ran me out of the garage even after I explained I was in the process of check in.

Upon check in there was a NAM beauty contest with hundreds of girls running around the hotel with moms. It seemed like it took forever to get up the elevators with the crowds.

Decided to go to the pool with kids. After swimming in the junky pool for 5 mins someone set off a fire alarm. It was like a scene out of animal house. Everyone running for the emergency exits. My kids and I proceed down the stairs and the emergency exit is locked and we could not get out. If there would have been a real fire we would have died. After 30 minutes the all clear was given to come back in the hotel. It was impossible to get back up the elevators with the hordes of people all trying to get back up to rooms, so decided to take kids ( in swim suits) over to the Circle City Mall for some food.

Upon return to our room one side of the room was flooded with water. I called the front desk and was promptly moved to another room but had laid out clothes on the floor which were now soaking wet.

I was exhausted after all the chaos then late night teenagers were running the hallways which kept us up all thru the night.

If you looking for a classy nice downtown hotel this is NOT THE PLACE TO STAY! Will never ever come back again...........

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank PittTrip
David K, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
PittTrip
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown. I am truly sorry that your recent stay with us wasn’t positive this past weekend with the large Beauty Pageant being held at the hotel and the Fire Alarm being activated accidentally by a guest (which caused the flooding in your room). We are currently looking into all the events that happened this weekend to ensure these guest displeasures don’t occur in the future. Thank you for your comments as I value your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I checked into this hotel on July 4th and I couldn't have had a better stay. The rooms are a decent size (I had a king bed) the bathroom was large enough for 2 or even 3 possibly, and the TV channels were not limited like some hotels that you may visit. The lobby and 2nd floor are beautiful and I was stunned walking in. Looking from the outside, I did not expect the interior to look as wonderful as it did. This is a wonderful hotel and for only $100/night (taxes included, I booked this on priceline) I feel like it was money well spent! The only con I have is how slow the elevators are but not much you can do about that.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

In the lobby, there are a number of people waiting 2 hours for their rooms. They are just not ready. Parking sold out to a ball game, and no concept of correcting wrong our bad service. No visible concern for customers. Called corporate and they seem more concerned but could do little to correct wait. Not like this in NYC.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown. We do appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to enhance our service for our future guests. Unfortunately as you had mentioned the local events such as the minor league baseball games and July 4th celebrations did cause for downtown to sellout for parking and cause for delays during our check-in process this past weekend, which I am truly sorry for. We hope to service you in the very near future and give us the opportunity to show you our hospitality.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend rented this hotel for our anniversary. I'm really glad he did. We were greeted immediately after arriving by several friendly employees. At the desk, Prince was super helpful and gave is a corner room with a view. Our room was clean, comfortable, and overall very nice. At check out, Prince offered us both a free Starbucks beverage and was super friendly again. This is a great hotel for the price. I've stayed at similarly priced hotels before that were not half as good as the Marriott!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful. The place was spotless. While this is expected and welcome, it's nice to acknowledge.

There were two things that stood out, however. First, after returning from a run the door man offered me a bottle of ice water. While it may not sound like much, this was a nice touch which was much appreciated.

The second happened so fast one could almost miss it. I was sat talking with a friend on one of the lobby sofas. A man sat across from us stood and walked away. Maybe 30 seconds later a young staff lady dressed in black was striding by. She stopped in her tracks to quickly fluff and replaced the sofa cushion he had just vacated before hurrying on. It was a small thing that took maybe two seconds but it made an impression. I don't know if anyone else saw it, but I certainly did.

I'm about the details in hotels and restaurants that speak to the overall quality of a place. Like everything else I experienced there, the details were attended to.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here for a conference. Very friendly staff who had time to talk and assist. I had a corner room on the 4th floor, the view was not good, but I was not there for the view. I had hot water anytime I turned on the faucets with good water pressure. Even though they said they were at capacity, I would have never know it. It seemed like I was the only person ever in the hallways on my floor. I could not hear anyone around me. The location was in walking distance of the mall and restaurants. The food at the conference was very good. Did not have a lot of extra time to do site seeing, but there were museums, walking paths, bicycles you could rent, and the zoo all close by. The ArtsGarden restaurant was cool. Would probably have not stayed there if it was not for the conference as the rooms I thought were a little high priced. Overall good stay.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Troy, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Generally satisfied with room and service; fairly typical Marriott experience. Good location near Eiteljorge and other museums and downtown restaurants. My only complaint was the $15 wifi-in- room charge (free in lobby) and expensive parking $35 per night for which I reduced the rating. That is an extra $50 per night so it MAY be possible to find a comparable hotel for less that includes these charges.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David K, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
1Rahhalatun
Thank you very much for your comments on your most recent stay with us. We will review your valuable comments on the internet and parking fee and apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. We look forward to hosting your next visit to Indy in the very near future.

Best Regards