“Clean, spacious, close to everything!”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #31 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Clean, spacious, close to everything!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The good: The hotel is super close to everything that downtown Indy has to offer. If it's raining or snowing, or you just don't want to go outside, there is a walkway that connects the hotel to most other buildings downtown. Also VERY close to sports areas and White River State Park (museums, canal, etc..)

There is a parking garage next door, or you can find metered parking which is free after 9p.m. and all day Sunday.

The room was very clean and spacious. There is a Starbucks in the lobby if that's your thing.

The bad:
The windows must be thin because we heard traffic 15 floors up. Also...
We checked in late, and when we went to the room, the key didn't work. So, we had to go back down 17 floors to get a new key. It STILL didn't work. We called them up to the room and when they were trying, a lady opened the door. The room was already occupied! How could they not know they gave the room away!!?

Anyway, we got settled into a new room quickly, and the rest of our stay was without incident.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Bella Vista
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. I loved that I could not hear noise in the hallway. The concierge room was clean, smelled good, and had great snacks/hors d'oeuvres.
I was a bit disappointed with the housekeeping in our room. The air vent in the bathroom/tub was so dirty that it wouldn't pull air (after my husband cleaned all the dirt out of it, it worked fine). Our room was cleaned late in the day (usually between 1:00-2:30) and was never fully cleaned. The first day, cleaning supplies were left in the bathroom, the second and third day, the decorative pillows and cloth were never put back on the bed. The iron/ironing board was not put away, the bathroom floor was only swept in the middle (I kept finding my hair behind the door, under the sink, next to the toilet, etc). The bed was very comfortable, but the foam pillows were a bit lumpy. I have never understood why upscale hotels feel the need to charge a fee for in-room internet service. When we can receive free wi-fi at a hotel that costs half of the rates, I get frustrated at the perceived 'greed' of the nicer hotel. Customer service is more than just friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Price of parking was slightly higher here than at other downtown hotels $31 night for self park or $36 night for valet parking.
All our room requests were fulfilled. Even though we were there for a convention, and the hotel was full, we never had a wait for the elevator! We were able to walk to a variety of restaurants and were able to be at meetings in the Convention center within 5 minutes. View from our 18th story room was beautiful. It overlooked the AAA baseball field, so we were able to catch a couple games from the comfort of our room! We will absolutely consider this property next time we are in Indianapolis.

Room Tip: ask for a room that overlooks the capitol or the baseball field.
Green Features: Excellent job of not replacing towels which were hung in the bathroom!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Newburgh, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

First a caution: do not confuse this property with the J W Marriot which is down the street. We did, and hauled all our luggage from the parking garage to the front desk only to have to repeat the process and drive down one block to the "real" Marriott.

This hotel has some of the best trained, friendliest staff I have ever encountered. The valets, front desk, servers and housekeepers, these are folks who like people...and it shows.

The room itself was well appointed. Not big, but plenty adequate. The linens and beds are plush. A great night's sleep was experienced for the three nights of our stay. We were right next to the vending area, which we at first thought might present a noise annoyance. Not so. We were never botheredl.

Lots of TV channels, including movie channels, fridge and room safe. No microwave. A one-cup coffee maker was in the room. No exhaust fan in the bathroom. This bathroom is outstanding in several other ways. The counter space and storage is phenomenal and quite unusual in my experience.

Complimentary newspapers are available in the lobby.

We were at a three-day convention at the center across the street. Skipping out one afternoon we walked to the museum. The state capital and sports arenas are also within walking distance.

We received special conference rates on the cost so I can't speak to the value of the room.

Room Tip: We were in room 613. View of the capital dome and on about floor four, a roof of some building.
Green Features: A card in the bathroom asked us to re-hang towels we were willing to use again. That's all I remember.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Carroll, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is connected to the convention center, has nice banquet facilities with good food, is convenient to excellent restaurants and Circle Centre Mall (enter through parking garage even if walking).

Hotel room 335 is a hospitality suite/Murphy bedroom. Bed is uncomfortable (low with no box springs). Bed linens are musty but comfortable. The room cleaning did not occur until some time after 4:30.The room is spacious, however. It has a shower and tub. The room is noisy, probably because the room is connected on two sides. No view here. No microwave, but has a small fridge and safe. Pool, workout room and hot tub are on this floor. All look lovely: clean, and nicely sized.

If you don't know nearby Steak and Shake, try it out! It is a Midwest favorite...milkshake happy hours 2-4 a.m. and p.m.(I think).

Valet parking $20+. There are other lots down the street that are cheaper. The surrounding area seems well kept, vibrant and safe, but with many seemingly homeless individuals on the streets.

• Stayed July 2014
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My daughter, niece and I stayed at this hotel on 4th of July weekend for the NAM pageant. There was a problem with check-in but the front-desk manager was super helpful and helped correct it. The room was beautiful and very clean. We had to be in Indy for the 4th they offered to watch the fireworks from the roof of the parking garage, but since we were on the 10th floor we were able to watch the fireworks from the room..BEAUTIFUL!!! There was a bit of excitement when the fire alarm went off during the interview part of the pageant but the employees were helpful it gave us something to talk about. The restaurant Champions that was in the hotel was great. The prices are reasonable and the food was wonderful. If you are going to stay in Indy this should be the place you should go. (beware of the other restaurant in the hotel it is super expensive $3.25 for a little carton of milk you pay 50 cents for at the local school.)

Room Tip: If you stay around the 4th of July ask for the rooms on the fireworks side.
Green Features: There are so many things you can do within walking distance:mall, restaurants, movie theater, etc. Also there is horse carriage rides that are $50 for two people for 30 minutes...it would be romantic at night when the carriages are lite up. .
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Looking to try a new different hotel downtown and decided to try our Marriott. Big mistake!

When I arrived and pulled into the parking garage the attendant ran me out of the garage even after I explained I was in the process of check in.

Upon check in there was a NAM beauty contest with hundreds of girls running around the hotel with moms. It seemed like it took forever to get up the elevators with the crowds.

Decided to go to the pool with kids. After swimming in the junky pool for 5 mins someone set off a fire alarm. It was like a scene out of animal house. Everyone running for the emergency exits. My kids and I proceed down the stairs and the emergency exit is locked and we could not get out. If there would have been a real fire we would have died. After 30 minutes the all clear was given to come back in the hotel. It was impossible to get back up the elevators with the hordes of people all trying to get back up to rooms, so decided to take kids ( in swim suits) over to the Circle City Mall for some food.

Upon return to our room one side of the room was flooded with water. I called the front desk and was promptly moved to another room but had laid out clothes on the floor which were now soaking wet.

I was exhausted after all the chaos then late night teenagers were running the hallways which kept us up all thru the night.

If you looking for a classy nice downtown hotel this is NOT THE PLACE TO STAY! Will never ever come back again...........

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank PittTrip
David K, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
PittTrip
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown. I am truly sorry that your recent stay with us wasn’t positive this past weekend with the large Beauty Pageant being held at the hotel and the Fire Alarm being activated accidentally by a guest (which caused the flooding in your room). We are currently looking into all the events that happened this weekend to ensure these guest displeasures don’t occur in the future. Thank you for your comments as I value your feedback.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I checked into this hotel on July 4th and I couldn't have had a better stay. The rooms are a decent size (I had a king bed) the bathroom was large enough for 2 or even 3 possibly, and the TV channels were not limited like some hotels that you may visit. The lobby and 2nd floor are beautiful and I was stunned walking in. Looking from the outside, I did not expect the interior to look as wonderful as it did. This is a wonderful hotel and for only $100/night (taxes included, I booked this on priceline) I feel like it was money well spent! The only con I have is how slow the elevators are but not much you can do about that.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple