“Nice”

Ranked #29 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Georgia
“Nice”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this Marriott for a meeting. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The service was great. I actually ate a meal there and had continental breakfast with the meeting. The food was well done. Nice meeting area.
I found the tub a little elevated and minimally difficult to step over the side and into. Since so many of carry smart phones and tablets I will they would have an available outlet by the bed. I often use my phone as an alarm clock.
Otherwise well done.

Green Features: Has the usual towel replacement policy. I did not have mine replaced for the time I was there.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 30 July 2014

At a recent conference I was booked at this downtown Marriott. It's reasonably priced and centrally located - all good. My room was a bit dated and I wound up with two double beds after asking for a king, but it was clean. I'm thankful that the guests next door to me were quiet because I could hear everything going on due to the adjoining room doors, which must be very thin. The staff is very friendly and helpful. No morning newspaper.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
David K, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
MNtravelman
Thank you for staying at the Indianapolis Marriot Downtown during your recent convention in Indy.We appreciate your feedback and apologize that no king size beds were available during the check-in process. I will share your positive feedback with our staff on the friendly service you experienced during your stay.

Best Regards
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The staff here is really good. They are always cheerful and helpful. The rooms were very clean and updated. The sports bar, Champion's, has great food but be aware of the size of the Indy 500 burger, it is huge.

Room Tip: Higher floors with give you a better view. North facing is best in my opinion.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank redmnsrt4
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very nice hotel, very helpful staff. Conveniently located downtown, short walk to restaurants and shops. Our 2 rooms were clean and fresh smelling and beds were very comfortable.
I forgot to pack pillows whenever we stay in hotels/motels, after our first night, I called housekeeping for some fresh pillows. They immediately replaced all of our pillows. No questions asked.
Internet was complimentary after my mentally challenged daughter asked the staff about IT charges. Thank You, Marriott..Undergroud parking was convenient to the elevators.
Breakfast buffet was awesome...

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here for three nights, attending a conference. The hotel was pretty full, but they had noted and honored my Marriott Rewards preference of being on an upper floor away from elevators. I ended up on the top floor, in a corner room, which was ideal. I had very little knowledge of anyone else being in the hotel when I was in my room. I wasn't informed of another reviewer's comment about the concierge lounge, darn it! The hotel is well appointed, very well located and overall a fine place to stay. The underground parking garage is way overpriced, even in comparison to other garages in the area. Welcome to downtown Indianapolis, I guess.

Room Tip: Check to see what is going on in the downtown area - baseball game at Victory Field? You'll pro...
Green Features: Unknown - no notices about this in the hotel room. :-(
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
New Mexico
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Had a 19th room floor, if you stay on the 18th and 19th floors you get free admission to the 18th floor concierge lounge - I thought I'd lucked out as lowly Marriott Silver member. It's reallly close to everything downtown and you can use the covered walkway if the weather is bad.

I was gone 15 hours per day, so never got to check out the gym or anything else save the bar the last night. The bar REALLY needs to change their seats - so deformed in the middle it's like a toilet seat.

Room was one with pushed together double beds and the sheets did NOT fit - the were constantly pulling out. A/C worked fine, room was clean and kept tidy.

My room phone had a loud buzzing from line and would not work, had to call the desk on my cell phone. Told them about it a day before I checked out but it wasn't fixed.

When you log in to the wifi you have a choice of $12.95 or 16.95 per day depending on speed. I signed up but was not charged. I don't know if I got lucky, or it actually free.

Green Features: No recycling that I could see. Could hang towels and they're leave them hanging.
Boswell, Indiana
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Downtown to attend a convention. Hotel parking is easy, overflow parking at a city facility is extremely close and the same price. The rooms are modern, clean, roomy. The staff very accommodating to changes, even during the crush of a full to capacity conference. there were reasonable limitations put on check-out time but we were permitted to check-in very early. Easy skywalk to the convention center. Starbucks at one end of the lobby, hotel restaurant in the center of the lobby, Champions sports bar at the other end of the lobby - perfect. In fact, the entire week was easy - and travel seldom is.

Room Tip: Ask in advance. One person in team asked for low level and got 3rd Floor, I asked for high level and...