“Wonderful Hotel, Terrible Parking rates.”

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Ranked #31 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Louisville
“Wonderful Hotel, Terrible Parking rates.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

We stayed at the Marriott Downtown in Mid September and were very pleased with the hotel. The Lobby is fantastic and the rooms are very comfortable, modern and clean. I agree with a previous review that this Marriott is a step above your normal Marriott chain hotel. From a swift check in to Strawberry and Lemon water in the Lobby the Hotel aspect of the trip could not have been nicer. The metal salt water pool was fantastic as well as the Hot tub. The bathroom while not overly spacious, was a little bigger than normal. We parked at the hotel parking for two nights and it was $56. That is just standard overnight rates. I must say it left a bitter taste in my mouth leaving when otherwise I couldn't have been happier. On a side note make sure to visit the Eagles Nest at the top of the Hyatt. It was fantastic.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

Clean hotel with excellent rooms and quick elevators. Hotel has many restaurants and bars but they are grossly overpriced. The good news is you are within walking distance of many fine restaurants, shops and bars. You can even walk 15 minutes to the world famous Slippery Noodle Blues Bar. Parking is 32 dollars a day so watch out for that, but for a downtown hotel close to everything (including the football, baseball and basketball stadiums) this place is a don't miss.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
South Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

I stay in a lot of Marriotts (platinum) but I think this is as good as it gets. I don't know who trained the staff there but I would hire any of them in a NY minute. The front desk was manned by a wonderful young woman (initials I think L. E. W.) who attempted to make my stay award winning by starting the check-in process quick, easy and accommidating. Her attitude set the tone for all the other staff members I came in contact with. This property is ajoining the convention center by a ped-bridge on the second floor and only a short two blocks to where all the best restaurants are located.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
GM_Ray2010, General Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 6 September 2010
Thanks for the nice comments. I am happy you had a great experience!

Phil
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

Stayed at the downtown Indianapolis Marriott for one night in mid-July. Traveling just with wife for pleasure. We originally stayed at the Marriott due to its relatively low internet rate and were pleasantly impressed by the hotel. Originally, we were scheduled for two nights but decided at 3 pm the next day to check out - they did not charge extra for the late check-out.

The lobby and room were equally nice - very well furnished with nice amenities. I disagree with a previous reviewerer comparing this to a Motel 6 - this Marriott is a very nice, higher-end hotel typical for other full-service Marriott hotels. The valet, bellhop and check-in staff all provided great service and the check-in experience was smooth. Used room service for breakfast - food quality was excellent but a little on the pricey side. Concierge was very helpful and friendly.

I agree with a previous reviewer that the pool is too small.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Oldwick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

I'll preface by saying that I'm not a frequent luxury hotel guest but I've been to my share of Sheratons, Westins, and Marriots to know that there is something a little different about Indy. While I wasn't pleased with having to pay extra for wifi in the room, nor having to get a taxi to/from the airport--- the staff at Marriot Indy Downtown were some of the most sincerely friendly and amazing people I've ever encountered. From the doorfolk who handed me a bottle of water after a morning excursion through White River State Park to the front desk fellow who took my roomservice order when all lines were busy to the restaurant, I've never felt so individually important. Surely that is the epitome of hospitality-- and combined with a fabulous fitness center (complimentary earbuds and apples!), awesome chocomints in every meeting room, and a bed/pillows from heaven--- well, I must Marriot really made my three days in Indianapolis memorable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Yankton, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

This is one of the worse hotels I have had the misfortune of visiting. The room was not completely cleaned (which usually means things are gonna be bad) when I entered. Bathroom had a horrible smell that lingured in it. When I called the front desk they advised me a house keeper would come and reclean the room. This never happened. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and screaming teenagers in the hallway added to my inability to sleep. When I called the Front Desk no one answered. I tried ten minutes later again no one answered. Frustrated I went to the Front Desk and saw why. There was 50 people in the lobby and 1 staff member behind the desk. None of the Bellman could help me. They advised me to wait. I waited and 20 minutes later I was offered sympathy but nothing else. I had to drive to Wal Mart at midnight to buy a feather bed and fan just to make the bed tolerable and drown out the screaming kids. This hotel is a joke. Smells bad, oblivious and uncaring staff and not housekeeping as promised. Parking is overpriced also. Indianapolis isn't San Francisco but at almost 30 bucks for a weekend night parking?! Do your homework if you wanna stay here or probably better stay somewhere else! Also nothing against Motel 6 they offer a resonable priced service. If I had payed 50 bucks to stay here I would have been more understanding.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Assistant2, Manager at Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, 7 July 2010
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the problems you incurred during your visit. This is not typical of our hotel. Since you also contacted Marriott, a member of our team will be contacting you to personally apologize. Your business is extremely important to us and we hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service and facility.

Sincerely, Dallas Collins, Resident Manager
St. Petersburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

The location is nice. It was close up to shopping mall and American football stadium. It was just 5 or 10 minutes walk.

Unfortunately there was no good restaurant, but only some junk food with good Guinness. The swimming pool was very small not like I expected from Marriot.

But it has very big area for workshops and conferences. And the gala hole is also very nice. It was also helpful that they have post service and receptionist was very helpful go get tickets on nascar racing.

Last issue is that you got free Internat only on lobby!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business