“If the little things matter, then this property should matter when you're planning a trip to Indianapolis.”

Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Hotel grounds:
Immaculate. Great first impression. Front drive looked almost polished. A great contrast to all of the pre-Super Bowl construction.

Lobby:
The automatic revolving door is a right squeeze for a carry-on roller and computer bag. I wish the hotel employed a door attendant. Valets seem to open doors when not involved with drivers. Several guests arriving at the same time struggled to enter.

Checkin:
My reservations were made by an event planner and not through the hotel. There were some hiccups because of that. However DEION went above and beyond to solve the problems caused by the event planner. I am VERY grateful.

MEETING ROOM:
We had a series of meetings in Circle City 5. The room was perfect. Seriously. It was as if Adrian Monk went through the water service, placement of the mints, pens and paper, and arrangement of the chairs. Wow!

The technology in the room was flawless.

I have used many meeting rooms in my travels and I have NEVER had a conference room that was this well appointed and easy-to-use.

ROOM:
The same person who inspected my conference room must have inspected my guest room. If only I could've stayed longer.

BED:
Perfect

TV:
Finally! A widescreen TV in a hotel that changes aspect ration depending on the signal! No stretched and pixilated low def signals. No squeezed or microscopic HD signals. Kudos!

SECURITY:
My hat is off to GENNY for safeguarding the conference room. I had to run downstairs after setting up my equipment. I did NOT have a keycard to the room, so I left it cracked so I could re-enter. GENNY spotted this and locked the door, left a note explaining why, and gave me information on how to contact her when I returned. Above and beyond.

Valet:
I did not valet, however another man in my company considered it. He was quoted $20/day. Nearby public parking (with no in/out privileges is $10/day)

He asked the valet what the statue nearby was about. He said, "Oh, it's some tourist thing."

Poor answer.

I found the valet staff to be kind and proficient.

• Stayed: August 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Based on the TA reviews I saw, I was a bit iffy on this hotel. But because of the room size & price combo (along with a Southwest/Hilton point offer) I decided to book a room for one night.
We arrived earlier than we had anticipated, parked, and decided to try to just check in early (we arrived at about 1-1:30pm). The two gentlemen at the front desk were very friendly and professional. We checked in early and headed up to our room.
I booked a 2 Queen Bed Deluxe Room knowing that there would be four adults sharing the room after attending an event at the fairgrounds. The room was pretty large/long, size wise larger than I anticipated. When you walk in, the first area you enter is the bedroom area. Our bedroom had the two beds and an older looking dresser with a flat screen tv on it. Beyond that through french doors is the living room area that had a desk, couch, chair, & one of the tvs. The windows in this area overlooked parts of downtown (we faced the Conrad & Sheraton). Off the bedroom area is the bathroom. Between the bathroom & bedroom was a countertop with a sink. We didn't use this second sink much, but I guess it's a good use of space? It seemed kind of random, but maybe it is useful if multiple people are getting ready at the same time in the morning?
I found no problem with the cleanliness, smell, condition, etc of our room. I didn't love the decor, it seemed dated although not old (confusing but think of buying a grandma-floral couch, someone still sells them...). The parking fee was typical for the downtown hotels. Not cheap, but it is what it is.
The view from our room wasn't stellar but it wasn't awful. Indianapolis in January isn't really the most beautiful though.
The location worked well for us. We were within walking distance of everything we wanted to do downtown. Cabs were plentiful in front of the hotel for heading beyond downtown.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed for 6 night at recent Drum Corps International championships which was being held at Lucas Oil Stadium. Hotel is ideally located and an easy 5/6 block walk to the venue. Also of convenience is the airport Indygo service which stops on the junction right opposite the hotel.

Hotel itself is large over 19 floors with the top floor housing the indoor pool and hot tub which was small but clean and nice facility. Hot tub was rather too hot though! Changing rooms including lockers and shower also useful and plenty of towels available.
Public areas are spacious and lobby nicely done out with helpful front desk staff. Small shop for drinks snacks, gifts and toiletries just off the reception area but prices not cheap as you would expect. One hot tip is to get your bottled water from T J Maxx store right oppsite where it is $1.19 for the exact same water the hotel charges $3 for from that shop mentioned.

Small business centre downstairs free to guests was useful and there is plenty of cenvention type space wth smaller meeting rooms on each floor in the centre

Had a queen queen deluxe room which had a separate seating area with sofa bed, chair and large desk as well and two flat screens, one in each area. Bathroom slightly dissapointing in relation to size of room overall but functional enough and decent enough shower over the bath. Beds very comfortable with mattress toppers and plenty of pillows.
Air con worked fine but rather noisy and also too much noise via the air con shafts presumably from other rooms etc. Presumably this a hang over from its previous situation as an office block I guess?

6 lifts service the hotel and no problem waiting for one at any time whether busy or not

Seafood restaurant and 120 Market St restauramt both off the lobby and a good room service menu giove plenty of dining and drink options on your doorstep, but as you are right in downtown, a simple walk one or two blocks gives you hugely more options, including access to the Circle Centre mall which is only one blocks walk away.
try Rock Bottom Brewery next to the Conrad hotel for some decent beer and a decent enough menu. Weber Grill nice food and Ok staff but not as friendly

If you get a decent price as well for this hotel then certainly worth considering - we booked through Hotels.com but the Hilton site i believe has a prioce promise so may be worth booking direct

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank PE1971
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We had a wonderful king-bed room on the 9th floor. The room was very spacious, room lay out was pleasing, the bed & linen was very comfortable and the towels were soft and fluffy ~ all pluses in my book! Check in was very easy and the staff was welcoming and efficient. The location is excellent: right between Monument Circle and the Statehouse. If you need a room in Indianapolis, I recommend the Hilton Downtown.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This hotel is right in the center of things.
Lobby and hallways are new and clean looking.
Some reviews say it's dated, but I do not see that, it seems renovated. Not like a brand new hotel, but definitely nice, roomy, and clean.
Keep in mind it's an older building so it will not be like an ultra modern hotel, but definitely up to date.
Restaurant is good, nice breakfast buffet, friendly staff.
Good chain seefodd restaurant and bar attached.
Sated with family of 4 in a 2 queen bed suit, a lot of room, bid separate living room , with desk couch and tv, big bedroom and big bathroom.
1 block to city mall.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Centrally located in Indianapolis. Rooms are nice, clean. Bathrooms slightly on the dated side. Pool is nice, on the top floor. When we arrived at 10PM on Saturday night we had no trouble finding free overnight parking across the street from the hotel garage.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Just needed a place for the night. Stayed on the 14th floor, not much of a view. Room was OK, nothing special. Bathroom was clean, beds were soft, nothing really to write home about. The carpet felt unclean, kept our socks on. If you need a place to stay this is OK. Parking is $$ about $18 a night. I asked for Executive level and told they don't have one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family