I've stayed at this Hilton in the past, and again, had a very nice room. We were given a handicapped accessible room (don't know why) and it was humongous! There was a downside though – the bathroom is very large and as there was not heat source, it was COLD. I was tempted to turn on the hair dryer just to warm it up a little. Otherwise, the room was nice, bed comfortable, linens very nice, down comforter was cozy.
We were lucky to be able to take time in the morning before our medical appointment to eat breakfast in the hotel. That’s where it all went very bad. It appeared to me that the staff was busy doing everything BUT seeing to the needs of the patrons. We stood for nearly 5 minutes at the entrance before any one would seat us. Someone actually walked up and asked us if we were being seated (it was very obvious we WEREN’T), then looked over and saw the waitress half a room away walking toward us and said, “someone will be right with you”. Well, why didn’t YOU seat us?
Then the waitress did all but force us to choose the breakfast buffet. We didn’t bite on that and she looked obviously perturbed. We ordered coffee and I watched her wander all over the restaurant, doing everything BUT getting our coffee or the coffee for the guest next to us (who made the wise decision to go for the bird in the hand and eat off the buffet).
After waiting 10 minutes for the waitress to return with our coffee and to take our order (was she testing how long our resolve would hold out against the buffet?), we got up and left.
HIGHLY disappointed in the breakfast restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites is near Indianapolis Airport (IND), the Indianapolis Motor Speedway - home of the Indy 500 - and in walking distance of the convention center. Our centrally located hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana offers ultimate convenience to families and business travellers alike. Stretch out in an elegant guest room or suite - among the largest in the city - and make the most of being close to so many exciting attractions, tourist destinations, shops and dining options. Choose from a range of spacious guest rooms, all of which feature stylish decor in soft, neutral tones and offer modern amenities. Upgrade to a suite for extra space including a separate living area, ideal for work or a touch of luxury. Take advantage of all the great amenities our Indianapolis hotel has to offer, including a modern fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool. Indulge in a luxurious beauty treatment at the Gent Spa and pamper yourself at the resident barber shop and beauty salon.Visit 120 West Bar & Grill for a special breakfast and lunch buffet prepared from locally grown products. Delicious dishes created by an award-winning culinary team and one of the best happy hours in town await you at McCormick and Schmick's. Room service is also available 24-hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Indianapolis Hotel Indianapolis
- Hilton Hotel Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Hilton Hotel