“Overall the room was fine, but breakfast was a disaster!”

Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I've stayed at this Hilton in the past, and again, had a very nice room. We were given a handicapped accessible room (don't know why) and it was humongous! There was a downside though – the bathroom is very large and as there was not heat source, it was COLD. I was tempted to turn on the hair dryer just to warm it up a little. Otherwise, the room was nice, bed comfortable, linens very nice, down comforter was cozy.

We were lucky to be able to take time in the morning before our medical appointment to eat breakfast in the hotel. That’s where it all went very bad. It appeared to me that the staff was busy doing everything BUT seeing to the needs of the patrons. We stood for nearly 5 minutes at the entrance before any one would seat us. Someone actually walked up and asked us if we were being seated (it was very obvious we WEREN’T), then looked over and saw the waitress half a room away walking toward us and said, “someone will be right with you”. Well, why didn’t YOU seat us?

Then the waitress did all but force us to choose the breakfast buffet. We didn’t bite on that and she looked obviously perturbed. We ordered coffee and I watched her wander all over the restaurant, doing everything BUT getting our coffee or the coffee for the guest next to us (who made the wise decision to go for the bird in the hand and eat off the buffet).

After waiting 10 minutes for the waitress to return with our coffee and to take our order (was she testing how long our resolve would hold out against the buffet?), we got up and left.

HIGHLY disappointed in the breakfast restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Your feedback is invaluable to us, thank you. We love learning how our guests enjoyed their rooms and cozy linens. It is regrettable that with the high standards we have in place regarding service, those standards were not reflected in the breakfast experience you shared. We have reinforced with our team the commitment required to always strive to the highest level of service for our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I took a chance and purchased this hotel on Hotwire. It turned out great! The room we ended up with was a suite with a living room attached. The room was very clean and had a lot more space than most hotel rooms. It is very centrally located in indy as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my friends!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I was given a handicapped accessible room which I didn’t turn down due to the large size, complete with a adjacent living room set up and an enormous bath with shower stall and tub. All seemed a bit oversized actually but who’d complain about too big? The TV was actually too small for the size of the room and channels IMO were limited but the room was quiet and the drapes provided enough darkening so sleep wasn’t an issue. The bed was very comfortable too.

The hotel feels slightly dated in most areas except the lobby which is unfortunately awkward in its layout and doesn't provide any decent places to sit like most hotels- it’s a glorified corridor really and very tight at the reception desk. Water is provided in the lobby which is a nice amenity. The indoor pool was noisy with screaming children so I didn't use it (I guess I am showing my age here as echo-ey screaming and cannonballs no longer qualify as a great time) but the workout room was better than average which doesn’t really mean anything particularly grand, just adequate. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful granting me a 1pm check-out which I greatly appreciated as a business meeting went late. I’d stay again and can forgive the somewhat dowdy nature of the room and other minor deficiencies due to the overall enjoyment of my stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed in the Indianapolis Hilton mid-December 2011 for a week. The hotel was nice and clean, the staff were very accommodating. Everyone was cheerful, helpful, and polite. The room service was fast, affordable, and delicious. The room was clean (there was a small spot on the carpet - but big deal!). Previous posters have complained that this hotel needs to be updated, but I didn't see that. The breakfast buffet was expensive - but it was included with my corporate rate. It was a very good buffet and included every breakfast item I could imagine. The parking garage was under construction which was a necessary evil I suppose - parking was $22 per day! By far the best aspect of this hotel is the location - there is nothing more beautiful than Monument Circle at Christmas time!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I travel to Indy on a semi-regular basis, so I have stayed at many of the downtown hotels. The Hilton ranks near the top. My room was really more of a suite; it had both a bedroom and living room, separated by french doors. Everything in the room was comfortable, from the sofa to the chairs to the beds. When you consider the fact that I only paid $60 for the room (look for a 3 1/2 star downtown hotel on hotwire), I really could not have asked for any more.

However, the room is not the only thing to like about the Hilton. There are two restaurants attached to the hotel. In addition, the hotel is centrally located, and within walking distance of nearly any downtown attraction. The staff was friendly and efficient; check-in and check-out took no more than two minutes. Parking is a bit spicy ($22 per night), but I suppose that is to be expected in a downtown hotel.

The only issue I had was that the neighbors seemed to REALLY enjoy their room. Their amorous outbursts could be heard throughout the halls and into my room until the wee hours of the morning. Headboard knocking, skin slapping, the whole nine yards. I don't know if any amount of sound insulation could have muffled their good time, but I was wishing for something at about 2:30 a.m.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I started staying here after I got a great deal a few months ago. I have been here 4 times since october and I'm writing this review from my comfy bed right now. Takes about 3 minutes to check in and I've always gotten upgraded. The staff is very helpful and have great hospitality (and there are a couple pieces of "eye candy" at the front desk too!.....don't mind me). Really though, I love it here. The rooms I've stayed in are HUGE, clean, and comfortable. Room service is fast.....but the food was just so-so.
The front desk arranged a horse carriage company to meet us at the lobby doors and we loved it.
My kids love the indoor pool and hot tub on the top floor.
All in all, as long as the staff remains friendly, I will be back each and every time I visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at the Indianapolis downtown Hilton over New Year's weekend to celebrate our anniversary. This Hilton is know for having some of the most spacious hotel rooms in Indy. Not only are they large, but they are very comfortable. It was a busy weekend in the hotel, but the staff was courteous. This hotel also has a couple of great restaurants including a very good McCormick & Schmicks. It is also within walking distance to many other restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple