“Nicest 3.5 Star hotel I seen!”

Hilton Indianapolis
Ranked #15 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Southern Indiana
“Nicest 3.5 Star hotel I seen!”
Reviewed 28 February 2008

For my latest stay in Indianapolis I booked here on Hotwire.com. At the $52 rate, I got what they call a Deluxe 2 Queen Room (really a small suite). The staff was very polite. Buffet Breakfast good and not bad price. Adjoining seafood restaurant was very good food, but slow. Self-parking is a bit pricey $19

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
OH
Reviewed 7 February 2008

I travel frequently for business and have stayed at this hotel with no issues until my latest stay in Feb. '08. Here are the "issues" I experienced:
1. My room was not vacuumed AT ALL during my stay - I was there 4 nights.
2. No towels in the bathroom, or bath mat/rug - had to call housekeeping. Housekeeping also removed my robe from the room - that was actually something I enjoyed having while there!
3. Only 1 trash can in the room - and it was very small. No mugs for the coffee maker either - had to call for those and tea bags which are usually in the room.
4. Room service was quick, but food was pretty bad. The menu had been upgraded - that was a joke. all it meant was price increases and hardly any choices.
5. I requested a menu be brought to my room with the new "upgrades" and prices. I received the same menu - not a new one, which was stained and had a worm (or maget) crawling across the pages!! To my disgust, I phone guest services and was brought yet another menu to my room which reflected the laughable "upgrades". I asked the person delivering the new menu to look at the one he had just delivered to me - it looked as though someone had pulled it out of a trash can! I should have been comped a free meal or something for this.
6. On a couple of occasions, I was not given any new toiletries, fortunately I still had some to use, and besides, I was tired of calling housekeeping/guest services.
I was very disappointed in this hotel. The staff are usually courteous, and the breakfast buffet is usually good, but cleanliness is VERY important to me! Also, as a Gold Hilton Honors member, I should have free breakfast, not have to pay $4 to have eggs, etc. I also stay at Embassy Suites in different cities and they have a little basket of goodies when I arrive and 2 bottles of water. I get NOTHING at this Hilton. I am checking into other places to stay from now on - there are a lot of choices in Indianapolis.

• Liked — Location, courteous staff and valet
  • Disliked — Housekeeping, cleanliness, poor food quality
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
tennessee
Reviewed 3 January 2008

My family stayed here one night while we went to a Colts game. Great property. Staff is polite and friendly. Rooms were large and clean, updated. Great indoor pool and fitness center had new equipment. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection of good food but they were understaffed- it was a holiday weekend. Great location if you are doing things in the downtown area.

• Liked — modern, clean, large room
  • Disliked — all good
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank dlj5
Mount Washington, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 January 2008

We decided to stay at the Hilton Indianapolis, In located at 120 W. Market Street due to it being downtown and close to the Concesco Field House Arena. We arrived before noon and was checked in immediately to a very nice room. The hotel staff was very friendly and attended to our requests as fast as they could.
The questions is would we stay there again? The answer is a YES.
There are many restaurants and shopping that surround the Hilton which provides the convience of walking to any of these places.

• Liked — Nice room
  • Disliked — View from the room
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 27 December 2007

The Indianapolis Hilton is a fairly modern hotel in a great location. It is right down the street from Indianapolis' largest mall with lots of good eating options.

Upon checking in, I was upgraded to a suite. The room was very spacious. The bed was comfortable and the showers water pressure/temperature were fine. I ordered dessert through room service a couple times. Both were very good and it came quickly.

When I checked in I found a note in my room from the house keeper which I felt was inappropriate. I brought it to the attention at the front desk and moved on, it wasn't too big of a deal. When I returned from dinner that evening I had a voice mail on my room phone from the manager-on-duty profusely apologizing. He asked me to call him to discuss some more, which he did. After that, I found a hand written note under my door apologizing again and offering me a free breakfast. I felt his actions demonstrated he truly cared about my comfort during my stay.

The only thing that is preventing me from giving this property five stars is the lack-luster staff. With the exception of the manager mentioned above, everyone else I interacted with was rather apathetic towards my existence. When I first pulled up, the valet was busy BSing with someone inside and took several minutes before he noticed me waiting there. Also, the consierge was never at his desk.

When I needed to arrange a ride to the airport, the in-room guide of all of the hotel services said they could arrange transportation for me. When I called guest services, they said they were unable to arrange transportation but I could call a taxi. I was surprised the Hilton was not willing to make the effort to call a car service on my behalf, especially because my room guide said they did.

Overall this is an excellent hotel and I would definitely stay there again. I would encourage management to spend a little more time training their staff on the intricacies of customer service.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Jacob M
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 15 December 2007

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for business/pleasure. We were amazed at the size of the rooms. Our room had an enormous living and dining area, 2 bathrooms and an oversized bedroom. It was like staying in an apartment - I believe it used to be apartments that were turned into a hotel. So if you're looking for space, this is the hotel. The staff was friendly, the place was clean and up to date in furnishings. Overall it was a very nice hotel to stay at.

• Liked — How large the rooms were
  • Disliked — Not a large hotel w/ activities, pool, spa, etc.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank goldentravelbug
Dallas,PA
Reviewed 23 November 2007

The property is located between the circle and the capital building, approximately three block north of the dome/convention center. The lobby is clean,bright and spacious. A McCormick and Schmidts is located near the front entrance as well as the hotel buffet restaurant. The staff was excellent, the valet parking is at $22 but car retrieval was very fast. The room that I had was a junior suite with two queens and a pull out sofa. The bathroom was good sized as well. The room, hall, elevators and lobby were very well maintained. I would highly recommend this hotel. In reading some of the earlier reviews, I can not believe that someone who pays $55 a night for a quality property like this should complain. You can't stay at a Red Roof for that.... I paid $170 a night and considered that a fair price for the quality of hotel that this is.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends