“Excellent location, accomadating staff”

Hilton Indianapolis
Ranked #13 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, United States
“Excellent location, accomadating staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location for anything you would like to do in downtown Indianapolis. The indoor rooftop pool with the sun shining was a great way to start a Sunday morning. Very accomadating staff in every aspect of the hotel

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
We are truly flattered by your glowing review of the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. Our associates will be elated to know that they made such a positive impression upon you and your gracious acknowledgement of their efforts will be shared with everyone. What a lovely picture you have painted of your sunlit Sunday morning swim in our indoor pool! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for your next visit to the Indianapolis area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
East Sandwich, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The downtown Indy Hilton is an excellent choice. The Hotel is located within walking distance of most downtown attractions and restaurants. It's about a $35 taxi ride from the airport (their website says $25). Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

You have our most sincere gratitude from everyone at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. We truly appreciate your review and for sharing your impressions of our hotel. Providing our guests with an excellent stay is of utmost importance and we are so glad you not only found our associates to be so friendly but our location to be so ideal. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Lighting fast check in. Very attentive front desk. Bathroom are a little dated, but rooms are clean and spacious. Very good recognition of diamond club member (shoe shine, internet, breakfast). Internet was very reliable, excellent downtown location. Would stay at property again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lightning fast check in is a great compliment, thank you! It is always our pleasure to provide prompt, hospitable service at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites and our location is one of the best in the city. We would love to welcome you back again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I called a few days before an unexpected trip to Indy for 1 night and was able to use my Hilton points to book a nights stay at this Hilton without any problems. Check in was a breeze and they put us in a 18th floor suite with amazing views. The rooms are large with modern decor and the bed linens are clean and comfy. We had 2 queen beds, an entire room just for luggage, a large L shaped desk and 2 large chairs in front of the window seat. The one thing I would change is......It would be amazing if they offered free breakfast but there is a restaurant on the first floor (for us not a gold/diamond member). Valet parking will set you back around 35 bucks though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We're delighted you enjoyed your suite accommodations and valued the ability to easily obtain reservations for your recent trip. While we do charge for parking, our valet service does permit for unlimited in and out privileges, which is generally not available at most public lots. The Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites features delicious dining at our on-site restaurant and your recommendations will be shared with our management team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed there via a group room block last week and enjoyed the stay. The hotel is in good condition, rooms modern and well-appointed. Self parking was free; not sure that is always the case. The location is very convenient to downtown destinations. Although I had stayed in downtown Indianapolis a couple of times before, I hadn't really toured the area much; if you have the chance, talk a walk around all the monuments down Meridian. I stayed at this hotel several years ago and I think it has been updated since then.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Within walking distance of so much of what Indianapolis has to offer, we think the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites offers the perfect location and we are so glad you agree! With the best of amenities and modern touches, it is wonderful that you enjoyed what we have to offer. As you mentioned, we do charge for parking in our secure garage and our valet service offers unlimited in and out privileges. Thank you for your feedback. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again.
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

While moving eastward in late July, stayed in this hotel. It was a nice Hilton. Pulled in the ramp to check in and the valet told us valet parking is all that is available. That was not true (even if they aren't hotel employees out to make a buck they should be truthful) but we didn't find that out until after check in. Then for the check in had another major miss--they hadn't read my room preferences and that was abundantly clear. I am a HH diamond member and it isn't too much to ask to have employees read that I want to be up near the top floor. When we checked in, they told me they had a room on the 4th floor for me. I explained I preferred higher and then the staff member looked annoyed but found something on the 11th floor. Decent, but I doubt it was the best he could do. I was only in for one night so not a huge thing.

I was with my spouse and four kids. The two bedroom, one bath suite was spacious and I liked the interior decor. I noticed upon reading the reviews that some got upgraded to two bath suites--would have been nice and I suspect one was available, but as mentioned above, the clerk wasn't too attentive. Anyway, the view of downtown was very nice and we all liked the room. For diamond members there is no executive lounge but they only charge 5 dollars/adult for the breakfast if you are gold/diamond so that is good. Loved the breakfast--lox, waffles pancakes, omelets and more. All 6 of us were happy. Nice gym, pool, and such.

I would stay here again if in Indy, but not if I weren't a diamond member. I suggest getting an executive lounge and reducing parking rates. I will also call ahead to be sure my room preferences are at least considered, but over all thumbs up.

Room Tip: If you have room preferences cell ahead as they didn't read my reservation.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your impressions of the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. Moving can be an exciting and sometimes taxing experience but it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed staying with us along your journey. Breakfast is such an important way to fuel your day and dining at 120 West Bar & Grill with farm fresh ingredients and delicious choices is ideal. While it is not clear in this forum as to what transpired with your guestroom request, we must apologize for any confusion. It is great to know that the accommodations were still to your liking. Best wishes on your new home. We hope if you travels bring you through Indianapolis again we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at the Conrad when in Indy, but this time thought I'd try the Hilton. It's a high quality hotel, a room so large you could play basketball in it. Had room service, excellent food. Breakfast was free, and very good. The only thing I disliked was that the bar had closed at 10pm, and I arrived at 10.15. So a good hotel overall. Next time? Sorry guys, back to the Conrad for me.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
It is great to read that you enjoyed an overall great stay with us from our spacious accommodations to your dining experience. We do apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way by the hours of our bar, however. Thank you for your feedback, we hope you will consider another stay in the future.