“A good stay”

Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at the Hilton during the third weekend of February this year. Since it is located in downtown Indianapolis , it's the most happening place to be in.The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were surprisingly large , so it works well when traveling with family. The food was good and we had some of the best Mojitos we have tasted.
All shops and restaurants are in and around that area so we could pretty much walk around for whatever we wanted ( given the weather) which is a huge plus for people travelling in the US. A good stay.

Room Tip: We had the queen suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nirmala16
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Downtown Indianapolis is truly the most happening place to visit! Thank you so much for sharing your time with us, we love reading about all that you enjoyed, both at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites, as well as the surrounding area. Our spacious guest rooms and suites and perfect for larger groups or families. So much of the city is just steps from our front door and we are glad you appreciated that convenience as well as the tasty Mojitos! We would love to welcome you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel is very well kept and clean. The front desk staff and security were very courteous and professional. The cleaning staff or maids were very loud and talkative during the day. So, If you plan on sleeping in or just relaxing in your room during the day...Good luck.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your impressions. While we are glad you found our associates to be so helpful, we must apologize if your rest was in any way disrupted by sounds outside your guest room. Please know that someone is always happy to help with any issues and we regret that your entire encounter was not the very best it could be. We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I enjoyed staying at this hotel for a business conference and my first trip to Indianapolis. Check-in was easy and I was placed in a room on a high floor away from the elevator, as requested. The ice machine works and the cleaning service did not empty my ice bucket each day as I was using it to keep a small bottle of fresh milk cold for my tea. The daily newspapers are great and all questions were answered well. The Big Ten conference was also in town during my stay. There was some noise but not enough to warrant a call and really, exactly what you expect in a hotel. Everything was very clean and the bed, as usual, comfortable. Hilton is my preferred family of hotels and this particular one lives up to its name.

Room Tip: If you need quiet, ask if there are groups in town and try to get a room away from the elevator and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

We are so glad your stay was such a positive experience for your recent business conference in the city. Thank you for sharing your time with us. From arrival to departure, we always hope our guests enjoy all that we have to offer and it doesn’t get much better than the account of your stay. We are delighted that you value the Hilton brand and hope to welcome you back again soon to the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I landed a good rate at the Hilton Indianapolis using hotwire.com for a 1 night stay with 2 my young kids. Our room on the 12th floor was exceptionally nice - clean and updated with a cool view of downtown and super comfortable beds. The room layout was outstanding - the beds were placed on the opposite side of the room from the door. I did not hear a single sound from any of the adjacent rooms or from the hallway. The indoor pool on the top floor of the hotel was a highlight of the stay. However, there were a few things that made the stay less than perfect:

- The front desk staff were just friendly enough not to be rude.
- The shower did not drain well so I stood in 6" of water during my showers. Yuck!
- The adjacent parking garage was dark and a bit on the scary side and super expensive. There was not good signage to the hotel from the garage. I asked someone and she directed me to the lobby. It was quite a trek with 2 little kids in tow.
- The hotel restaurant was nice but expensive for a non-business stay. The breakfast buffet was $16.50 for adults and $8.50 for kids. Outrageous!
- There were no appropriate channels available for young kids on the regular TV channel selection. I ended up purchasing a 23 minute Jake and the Neverland Pirates episode for $2.99. We watched it once then I was unable to figure out how to view my purchased shows again. What a rip off.

Although the hotel was overall very nice and I would stay here again if traveling alone or with my husband, I would choose somewhere else when traveling with kids. There are more family friendly places in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites does indeed provide some of the most remarkable views of downtown! Thank you for sharing your review, from your account of your comfortable accommodations, we are glad you enjoyed some of what we have to offer. Whether guests are seeking relaxation with our without children, we have much to offer everyone, but we do apologize if you were inconvenienced when parking in our secure garage. We can assure you that we take the personal safety of all of our guests very seriously. For your convenience, we also offer valet parking. In addition to our full breakfast buffet, we feature a la carte selections for smaller appetites. We do hope you will consider another stay in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The room and service at the Hilton Indianapolis Downtown was excellent. After a reservation mixup, the front desk took good care of me. They upgraded my room and gave me free wifi for my stay. Everyone was extremely helpful. I had dinner with a friend in the bistro in the hotel and the food was good and since we had work to do they left us alone unless we needed something.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonIndy, General Manager at Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Welcome to Indianapolis! We are so happy that you chose to stay with us at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites for your first visit to the city. While it isn’t clear in this forum what transpired with your reservations, it is great to know our associates were able to rectify any issues and that the upgrade and complimentary Internet access were so welcome. Dining at 120 West Bar & Grill can be such a treat. We hope that the next time you visit the area, we have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed here recently on a business trip. The room was immaculate, staff naturally friendly and the amenity was wonderful. I can not say enough about the cleanliness of the room, meeting rooms and lobbies.
The food at the meetings was fantastic as well. Most importantly, every staff member I came across was smiling and greeted me.
I recommend this hotel to family or business travels. This was an old office building converted to a hotel, very cool.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your impressions of the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. Enjoying a clean, comfortable place to rest while traveling is always so important! It is our staff's ultimate goal to provide impeccable service and they will appreciate your acknowledging their efforts. Whether your next trip to Indianapolis is business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Location and staff at the hotel were excellent. Self parking was extremely expensive for a mid-western state. I realize that there are convention areas and sports complexes readily available but I felt that the pricing for parking and food at the hotel were high.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed staying with us and found our associates to be, as you put it, excellent. It is always our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations in all ways and with that we must apologize if you were unhappy with any of our fees. As you mentioned, we do charge for parking in our secure garage. Alternatively, parking can be found on the streets surrounding the hotel. We regret if you were inconvenienced in any way. It is our hope that you will stay with us again.