“Comfortable & great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Indianapolis

Hilton Indianapolis
Ranked #14 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Neptune, NJ
“Comfortable & great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

We only stayed here one night (came to do the Indy Car Experience at the track). The hotel is centrally located & easy to get to. It located a block from a mall & near all restaurants. The people at the front desk were very friendly. The room was very nice.. not overly fancy or even furnished.. but it was big & had everything we needed. We got a suite (it was $9 more than just a regular room) and it had a separate room with french doors & a sofa, flat screen TV & a desk. The bathroom was big, the bed & pillows were comfy as well. They do charge you to park.. I think it was $22 for the night. We didnt want to eat breakfast in the hotel (as it was expensive as most hotels are) so.. we asked at the front desk where a good place was.. they told us Le Pepe.. which was about 2 blocks north. It was very good & reasonable... (I-hop prices.. but much nicer). The City of Indianapolis seemed clean & not very busy (Im from the Northeast.. used to NYC). If we had more time we would have walked around. Im sure this city gets packed during the Indy 500... and there are other hotels in the area (Westin, etc).. this one got the best review that I read... and I agree.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Goshen, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

This was my first visit to the Hilton. Very nice, clean hotel and room. My room was actually the biggest room I have ever had in downtown Indy. I don't know if all of the rooms are that way but it was really nice. It was very close to everthing downtown and I believe the closest to the state capital.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Western Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

We stayed here for the Indy 500 weekend. The hotel could not be in a better location to downtown shopping and eating. The staff was helpful and friendly and the room was clean and updated. I had no problems here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

We stayed just one night at the Hilton after spending the day at the Indy Track. We have stayed at the hotel before. Location is very good - central to downtown and easy to drive to from outside the city. Had a great package which included parking and breakfast.

Check in went very smoothly. Our room was very nice, coffe maker and a bar area in the room. Hallways seem to wander around in circles but we managed to find everything fine. We self parked which was easy since it is just behind the hotel and easy to access hotel from indoor garage.

Hotel has two restaurant/bars, one if 120 Market and the other is McCormick & Schmicks. We tried either one the night we arrived, however, it was a Friday night and both were too crowded to get in at all. We headed out and went over to the Conrad hotel bar which was very nice....Capital Grille. Easy walk back and forth from Hilton.

Ordered room service just prior to midnight and they were very fast and even said they were sorry for the delay when they arrived....what delay! Food was good and hot. Had breakfast at the buffet at the Market restaurant and it was very good. They make fresh pancakes, omelots and other items for you and include all the usual buffet items too. Waiter was great which I don't normally say especially since it was a buffet but he was friendly, helpful and funny.

Overall, we will stay at this Hilton again. Like the location, amenities, and value.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

We have been to Indianapolis many times as student representatives for the student unions. This time we were travelling as a large group of students. Most of the students being mature students. However we all had budgets to meet as we were on a Shoe String budget. We managed to find a hotel near the centre of the town of Indianpolis near the centre which is quite a business centre. Anyway it met all the requirements, it was clean all the rooms were en-suite and the price per night met with every ones budget. The price included breakfast. The walk to the centre was not to far. The centre is quite business like and not much to do. We went to the zoo and parks. There is a large Mall well worth a visit. The receiption staff told us all me needed to know about shopping, excursions and were we were having our meeting. All in all would not go back as there is not much to do. But we were ther on business and everything we required was there for the asking at the Hilton.

Breakfast was excellent a selection of cooked food, buffet all self service. I would highly recommend this hotel for short stay and business visits .

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2009

After bumpy flight from Houston, I checked into this hotel using the Zip Check-In machine in the lobby, which was very convenient. Upon arriving in my room, I sat down on the bed, looked over at a pillow, and saw a short red hair. At first I thought it was a fluke, until I looked over at another pillow, and saw another hair. Alarmed, I pulled back the sheets--and saw lots of hair. I was sick to my stomach. I shudder to think where that hair might have come from. I called the lobby, and no one answered the phone. I waited a few minutes and tried again--no answer. I immediately gathered my belongings and went down to the lobby. The lady at the front desk was very apologetic. Because there were no more single king bed rooms left, she had to put me in a double room, which was no big deal. The room was huge--probably the biggest standard hotel room I've been in. However, I was disappointed when I realized I was next to the elevator shaft. I was tired from my trip and had a lot of work to do, so I just sucked it up, which brings me to my next point--no free internet. Paying for the internet wouldn't have bothered me so much if the connection had been faster. Also, the tv needs to be upgraded badly. The hotel could also offer a lot more in the way of television channels; I've stayed at bed and breakfasts that had a better selection. I managed to sleep pretty well through the night. I was able to tune out the elevator until around 6am, presumably when more people started using it. My final disappointment--probably the biggest after the hairy bed--was the shower. The shower head needs to be replaced, because only a trickle came out, literally three holes in the shower head. Very disappointing. I know it wasn't the shower pressure because water came out of the faucet as you would expect. The highlight of my stay was breakfast. I had some delicious pancakes which were served on time.

I am a Hilton Honors Club member, and when I travel for business I prefer staying at Hiltons. I can usually count on the Hilton to provide a clean room and comfortable accomodations, so I was very shocked by this hotel. Even the lobby I found to be uncharacteristically drab. I would only recommend this hotel to someone who gets a deep discount, and maybe not even then. Do not pay full price for this place.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

I stayed here for one night. The check-in process was fast, the room was really clean, and everything worked well (except for a small problem with the sink, but really a small problem). The room was massive and it was very reasonably priced. The front-desk staff was very helpful and courteous. The room was quiet and clean. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

My only real gripe is the lack of free internet. This is 2009. You should have free wireless :)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business