“Not worth it”

Comfort Inn East Indianapolis
Ranked #99 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I used this hotel as my free points stay. I'm glad it was free, because I wouldn't have paid for it. Hotel is very run down. Indoor pool VERY small. Our room was nice, but the bathroom needed a lot of work. No fixture on the over head light so you saw the burnt out bulb and cobwebs. Tub was dingy and the shower didn't work correctly. When the shower head was on, water still came out of the faucet and I couldn't get the drain to open up. So when I 'showered' I was also standing in water. Walls were paper thin. I could hear people talking in the hallways, slamming doors and my neighbors laughing and talking all night. I finally had to call service desk to ask them to if they could get them to quiet down.
Breakfast was typical, but the serving area was very small.

Room Tip: Choose another Comfort Inn
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank taximom9
lpoynter12, Manager at Comfort Inn East Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear valued guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent stay. I truly appreciate all feedback and take all guest reviews very seriously. The hotel has corrected these issues. Please consider giving us another chance to exceed your expectations if you are ever traveling through the Indianapolis area again. Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My boyfriend and I had made a reservation three months in advance, our reservation was for one king size bed. We arrived at the hotel we walked into the room and were very disappointed to find one double bed. I went to the front desk and they said there was nothing they could do. We then went back into the room and found mold on the shower!! I wiped it off with a towel to check if it was a stain, sadly it was just poor room keeping. We stayed at the hotel for an event that we go to every year. I don't know that I will return to that hotel again next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

It's worth the money b/c you get a hot breakfast (just arrive early b4 the food's gone) + the hotel is a short driving distance to downtown, like two exits away. You get free WiFi and access to an indoor pool. The staff seemed pretty nice too, which is always a plus.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Coelacanthe
Reviewed 7 May 2013

drove down from fort wayne before leaving for florida. walked into a total disaster as the hotel is being renovated, why not shut the place down? and the girl who was working out of the breakfast room seemed to be very chatty about working so hard for so little and advised us not to even consider working there. total mess finding the elevator, it was more like a haunted house without any ghosts. i worry about bugs, because the door to the room was wide open, it smelled so bad and was a mess.

Room Tip: sleep in your car, or drive on by
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The rooms are very small. The lavatory sink is not in the same room as the tub/toilet and the countertop is very small...barely space for one persom to use. Service was barely evident. The general attitude was I will help you if I have to. And to make matters worse, the entire hotel was under re-construction with workers there well past 9 pm. Instead of shutting down and remodeling and re opening one floor at a time, the entire place was under construction. We were in one of the rooms that had been redone and the workmanship was shoddy. Doors did not close, hardware was not installed correctly and lights were falling off the wall. Definitley would not recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the comfort inn for a conference that I had at the Mariott down the street. When I arrived to check in at the hotel I noticed that the lobby was completely destroyed and going through renovation. There was no where to stand to wait in line to check in. So I was completely in the way the whole time for people that were coming and going in and out of the hotel. It took way too long to check in with only two others in front of me. I finally get checked in and have to wait for the elevator. There is only one elevator in the whole hotel. And it is slow. I get up to the fourth floor where it is suppose to be non smoking and it reeks of smoke. My room was also suppose to be non smoking but again reeked of smoke. All in all the room was ok. But the smell was awful. They did have a good breakfast bar including Belgium waffle maker which was my favorite part of staying there.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family of 4 in mid-Feb. Ice all over the parking lot and walkways, attendant made no attempt to get this remedied. They forgot the rollaway bed we'd specifically called & requested for my son, then tried to charge us $25 extra for it when their website quoted me one at no extra cost. Additionally, I got billed twice for my one-night stay and had to fight like hell to get the 2nd charge reversed. Pool area had no towels, vending machines were nearly empty. Worst of all, there was a large group of men, presumably construction workers, with several bottles of liquor getting wasted in the LOBBY at around 9pm, for everyone to see. Loud and obnoxious, not appropriate for my two children to witness on our way back from the pool which is directly across from the lobby. Our room smelled like smoke even though it's a non-smoking hotel, the carpet looked dirty. The only positive for us was plenty of hot water for showers and the beds were pretty comfy. Even the free breakfast buffet was disappointing with lukewarm juices and only one type of cereal. There are much better choices next door for the same price if you're unfortunate enough to be forced to stay in this section of Indy overnight. Go north to the Fisher's area if you can deal with the commute. It's much nicer.

• Stayed: February 2013