For the parking nightmare alone I cannot recommend this hotel. The row opposite the lobby is reserved for semi truck only, as is other parts of the lot. We came back from a comedy club at 2:30 am and the lot was full except for those spaces. We asked the night clerk, who was standing outside if we could park there and he said if we did, he would call a tow truck and to park in Waffle House's lot next door. It is incomprehensible that a hotel would have "reserved" parking and threaten to tow a paying guest's car and tell them to park in another businesses lot, which would have the legal right to tow.
We originally picked this location because it had a pool and a hot tub, but ended up using neither as we were so disgusted with the place we left in morning before they opened at 10am.
Also, the grounds were unkept, with weeds growing out of landscaped areas up to 3 feet. If they are not going to keep them up they would be best to remove them as they need additional parking.
The room was clean and comfortable with a small table, 2 chairs, a microwave, a small fridge and an older TV (we never turned it on). We were able to fit in 2 twin air mattresses when we moved the table to between the beds (and also used each side of the bed for additional seating to play board games.
The breakfast bar had a wide variety of items, including 2 Belgium waffle makers and was kept well stocked, but it was very cramped and the attendant had to keep asking patrons to move so she could restock and it would have been helpful if the bar itself were wider. Many hotels are set up like this, but a better design would be to move the bar out from the wall a foot or so that way the attendants could restock from behind. There was also a lack of seating; I ended up eating in the lobby on the couch with some girls from a high school bowling team.
I can only recommend this hotel if you are a trucker, as you get front row reserved parking, or if you use their shuttle to and from the airport (I believe it is $20 per trip).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The pet-friendly Red Roof Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport is situated just off of Interstate 65, seven miles from downtown Indianapolis. Seeing as this hotel is within minutes of the Indianapolis International Airport, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis Zoo, Lucas Oil Stadium, White River State Park, the RCA Dome, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians & Western Art, Victory Field, Indiana State Museum, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, the NCAA Hall of Champions, and much more, there is never a dull moment when you're in Indianapolis! Whether you're in town for the races, a game, the zoo, or just to enjoy the sites, we're sure you'll enjoy staying in one our rooms with free WiFi and cable TV with HBO. This hotel offers a heated indoor pool & hot tub, fitness facility, business center, free shuttle service to the Indianapolis International Airport, free breakfast, and free Coffeehouse-style coffee & tea in the lobby. All guest rooms include free WiFi, flat screen TV with cable (including HBO), microwave and refrigerator, work area, and an in-room safe. Select rooms offer a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and in-room coffee. One well-behaved family pet is welcome. Business travelers will welcome additional conveniences like access to copy and fax services, and a conference room capable of accommodating up to 55 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Red Roof Inn, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Airport Hotel Indianapolis
- Quality Inn And Suites Airport
- Quality Inn Airport
- Quality Inn Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Quality Inn