“Decent Room but Parking Nightmare”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #155 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Decent Room but Parking Nightmare”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

For the parking nightmare alone I cannot recommend this hotel. The row opposite the lobby is reserved for semi truck only, as is other parts of the lot. We came back from a comedy club at 2:30 am and the lot was full except for those spaces. We asked the night clerk, who was standing outside if we could park there and he said if we did, he would call a tow truck and to park in Waffle House's lot next door. It is incomprehensible that a hotel would have "reserved" parking and threaten to tow a paying guest's car and tell them to park in another businesses lot, which would have the legal right to tow.

We originally picked this location because it had a pool and a hot tub, but ended up using neither as we were so disgusted with the place we left in morning before they opened at 10am.

Also, the grounds were unkept, with weeds growing out of landscaped areas up to 3 feet. If they are not going to keep them up they would be best to remove them as they need additional parking.

The room was clean and comfortable with a small table, 2 chairs, a microwave, a small fridge and an older TV (we never turned it on). We were able to fit in 2 twin air mattresses when we moved the table to between the beds (and also used each side of the bed for additional seating to play board games.

The breakfast bar had a wide variety of items, including 2 Belgium waffle makers and was kept well stocked, but it was very cramped and the attendant had to keep asking patrons to move so she could restock and it would have been helpful if the bar itself were wider. Many hotels are set up like this, but a better design would be to move the bar out from the wall a foot or so that way the attendants could restock from behind. There was also a lack of seating; I ended up eating in the lobby on the couch with some girls from a high school bowling team.

I can only recommend this hotel if you are a trucker, as you get front row reserved parking, or if you use their shuttle to and from the airport (I believe it is $20 per trip).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kmomcrafter
qualityinn158, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your input. We will take your input and make changes to serve you better. My apologies for the misunderstanding Shuttle to the airport is free.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hudson, Indiana
Reviewed 16 October 2013

the price was good, the room was just fine, bed was comfortable, tv was old however it did work with lots of stations to chose from. the room also had a small frig, microwave and a nice sized work desk if you needed one.front desk folks were friendly . the included breakfast had lots to chose from including hot items like, sausage gravy, biskets, eggs waffles
plus the other items found at most "free" breakfasts.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We travelled to Indianapolis and had reservations at another hotel that was horrible. We called and talked with Jamie the Desk Clerk and explained our dilemma and she made arrangements thru her General Manager Jesse to get us rooms immediately at a discounted rate on short notice.

This location offered better accommodations including an indoor pool and whirlpool, hearty breakfast, shuttle services to airport and downtown, large spacious rooms with with soft towels.

If you visit the Indianapolis area be sure to stay at this location. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review and look forward to serving you in the future.
Berrien Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Lets start with the ice cold pool and broken handle to get in the pool. Every one of the hot tube jets were broken so all it did was splash water in your face. The carpets in the room were so dirty that my 10 month old had to get his legs and feet washed before we went anymore, they were jet black from crawling around. My husband had to fix the air in our room and by the elevator on the second floor. I also was not able to use the wifi in our room. I had to go down to the lobby, because I had important business to take care of. I complained several times, but nothing was done about it. It was suppose to have a full breakfast; however, it was even worse than a continental breakfast. They were out of more than they had!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bossier City
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The good: The price. Bathroom clean. Room fairly clean. Air conditioner worked well. Appliances in room worked well. Housekeeping didn't steal my things. There are safes in the rooms.

The bad: I was on 2nd floor and spent 2 nights. No wifi 99% of the time. The few times I did get a slight signal, It was slow and useless. I complained several times, but it never did get any better. I was told "you are more than welcome to come to the lobby, you are sure to get a signal here". Well, that was not even an option, considering I was traveling with my 2 year old daughter.
The second floor has an odor as well. The room was damp feeling and the bed was very hard and uncomfortable. I had to get new keys a few times, because they would no longer work for some reason, which was a very big inconvenience. The front desk clerks were not helpful; they seemed young, rude, & unprofessional. The shuttle is $20 EACH way, although I did not need it.
The pool was freezing cold. Asked them to turn it up the first night so that we could swim the second night. No luck, just as cold the second night. Not real clean and rail loose and very unsafe. Hot tub had sand in the bottom of it and the chemicals were strong to the nose and burned my skin when I attired to get in. Window dirty, walls dirty, carpets dirty, small box TV.
Needless to say, a pool and a fast wireless wifi were VERY important to me and were the reasons that I chose this motel. I was very disappointed. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Not sure where the previous reviewers were staying. We had a nice, extremely clean, fresh smelling room, with a flat screen TV. Stayed on third floor, over looking Interstate 70. With curtain shut, couldn't hear any road or airport noise. Breakfast was fine, biscuits and gravy with waffle maker machine. My only discrepetancy, the parking spots right by the main entrance, are all reserved, but were all empty. We parked there anyways! All the staff was very helpful, and outgoing. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family