Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Indianapolis)
Motel 6 Indianapolis(Indianapolis)
View Hotel
All reviewsinexpensive roomfront deskroom was cleanmicrowave and mini fridgegreat customer servicenorth sidedesk staffbusiness travelerremoldedratesupgradingchannelsconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The only reason for 2 stars was the staff. They made it easy to change rooms. For the price, I did not expect a Hampton or Marriott. Previous reviews said the property had been renovated. New paint and a flat screen TV are not renovations. The fridge was old and dirty, most important, it did not work. Air conditioner did not fit in the hole in the wall, you could see the sidewalk outside around where the air conditioner was inserted. But again, it also did not work. You could tell the property was old, and definitly needs more than cosmetic upgrades. Also, the area was OK, but some of the guests were very loud. Or maybe the sound was from the cruisers, paddy wagons and ambulaces in the parking lot. Basically, they "slapped lipstick on a pig, but it was still a pig."

Room Tip: Stay south of I-465
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bklelux
kvanderipe, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I want to extend my deepest apologies for your recent stay at the property. The inn is located in a very nice area of town but as with any area, an incident can occur. The property was renovated with all new beds, bedding, chairs, carpet and flat screen televisions earlier this year. We always ask that if something is not working or is not right to let us know so we can correct it during your stay. If items are not brought to our attention, we cannot always get it fixed right away for our guests. We do hope that you do get a chance to stop by and stay with us again so we can show you not with just our staff but our product that we can provide a nice stay.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Red Roof is a modest motel, but I'm willing to give it four stars for around $60 per night. I wouldn't pay more than $75-80. My room was clean, and the bed comfortable enough. However, this was definitely a budget motel: there was no microwave or refrigerator. There was a little flat surface that serves as the desk, a flatscreen TV on top of the chest, a luggage rack, clothe rack, and a safe. (For some reservations they seem to charge a fee for the safe -- I seem to recall it's something like $1.50 per day.) The bathroom had only soaps and towels: no shampoo, hair dryer, etc. There was no box tissue, though there is toilet tissue paper. The heater in my room made loud noises sporadically, though it worked very well otherwise. I had to turn it off to go to sleep.

Since the rooms are open to the outside, sometimes noise is a problem. You can easily hear people talking in front of their rooms or on the balcony. There is an veterinary hospital on the same block. If you're very sensitive to noise and you can't stand dogs barking from time to time, this location might be a problem for you.

There is a shared microwave -- one for the whole motel -- in the vending machine room next to the reception desk. You can get coffee and hot water, but for breakfast you're pretty much on your own. Fortunately the inn is right next to a MacDonalds and a small strip mall. You can walk it easily.

The staff was pleasant and efficient. I got in and got out very fast.

The location is convenient for drivers. The inn is close to a freeway exit. It's also a block from a major street (Michigan Ave.), so you can probably get your travel needs taken care of.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
kvanderipe, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. The property may lack a few amenities since we are an economy hotel but we make it up with a nice fresh clean room and a wonderful staff that will be there to help guests with their lodging needs. The property was renovated this year with all new beds, carpet, and flat screen TV’s and bedding items. We do offer rooms with micro fridges, coffee makers, irons/boards and hairdryers. Next time you come to the area, we hope that you will look into one of these rooms if you wish to have your own private area. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North College Park.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

As red roof property's go, This is one of the best I have stayed in. My room was very clean an up to date. The Staff particularly Carol and Haley were exceptionally helpful. The only negative I can share with you is that I tried to get in two days earlier and because of a special event they said that they could not honor the normal rate and also could not honor any corporate discounts afforded to customers that stay with the chain regularly. I think that might be a corporate issue. Over all I am very pleased with this property and will stay with the again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Richard, thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent visit to the Indianapolis North College Park location. Carol and Hayley are only two of the members of this great team that will go out of their way to make sure our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We have 11 more Red Roof Inn team members that will be there to make sure everyone that stays with us feels like they are at home. All of us look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Sheets not changed, signs of unclean bottom (poop) on sheet when I pulled back covers. They changed my room but still nasty. Too late to move out. Many people smoking and talking loudly in fronts of rooms. Terrible! Never stay at Red Roof again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Valerie, I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not a common occurrence at the property. I have taken steps to find out why this happened and to make sure that this never happens again at our property. Unfortunately, with the hotel being smoke free, our guests must step outside of their rooms to smoke and they do not always go to the designated smoking areas. I do hope that you would be willing to give the property another chance. I do have your information and will be contacting you via mail. Thank you again for letting us know and we really hope we can make it right.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We go every year to the NHRA event in Indianapolis. This inn is only about 10 minutes away from the track, and close to several good restaurants. It's nice to know that every year we have a clean comfortable place to stay, as the inn is well maintained. Every year we find the staff to be more than friendly, some even remember us from the previous year. This stay was no different as we were greeted warmly by the manager Kelly, and Hailey the clerk. Both making us feel right at home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. We love our race fans!! We have a great staff that will try their best to go out of their way to make sure our guests feel very welcome and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you next year during the NHRA Championship.