“tiny and dingy”

Ranked #93 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Yorktown, Virginia
“tiny and dingy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2005

it is also a gamble when bottom shopping for hotel price. i had stayed at the red roof in florence, kentucky the day before arriving in indianapolis. after that experience, i was excited about the red roof. however, i was not so impressed after staying here in indianapolis. the room was small. the bed nearly touched the dresser on the other side of the room. the tv was tiny with limited channels. the bathroom was limited but at least there was hot water. the location is fine except it backs up to the exit from the beltway and could be a little loud. plenty of shopping and eating within a short drive. fast food within walking distance. overall, for $40/night after taxes, I cannot really complain but the hotel is very basic. i would probably look for a similar rate at nearby hotel on michigan road if i returned to try something different.

• Stayed February 2005, travelled on business
13 Thank TabbTiger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2003

We arrived Monday, March 3rd because my brother was having Hi-risk Heart Surgery March 4th. When we arrived to check in, the manager handed us a business card with my nieces name on it and told us we were to call her. We proceeded to check in and I called her right away. Well it turns out that they bumped his surgery to Friday. And so there we were checked into the hotel for nothing. We had paid for two rooms. So my husband went and checked us out and we started our 4 hour journey back home. When talking to my brother and niece a little bit later, it seems she had told them to tell us to call before we checked in. The people at the check-in didn't tell us that message though. They just handed us the card and said to call her. So we weren't told to call before checking in as she had told them to tell us. I really feel Red Roof owes us our money back because they didn't tell us the right message. I feel it was on purpose. Because when we checked in we also asked if we could have two rooms side by side and they got mouthy and said if we'd have told them that before our arrival we could've. Well I did. In fact I called Friday afternoon, on Feb 28th and the young boy told me we had to wait until we got there. The whole experience at that Red Roof was unpleasant in the short time we were there. But I feel they should give us our money back since they didn't tell us to call my niece before checking in. And I will not forget this. I will never stay at another Red Roof Inn as long as I live. The manager or whoever he was, was hateful the whole time. Prob'ly because I told him he needed to put some salt on the ice on the sidewalk 'cause it was very slippery.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Quality Inn Indianapolis North
BEST WESTERN Country Suites
#51 of 178 in Indianapolis
La Quinta Inn Indianapolis North at Pyramids
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest

Been to Red Roof Inn Indianapolis North - College Park? Share your experiences!