“Airport Parking Service”

Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd.
Ranked #30 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Airport Parking Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

I am highly disappointed in the service received Saturday evening upon returning from a family trip. I followed the instructions provided to let the service know we were ready for pick up. From the time I originally called to notify the driver that we had landed, it took the driver over an hour and a half to pick us up. The hotel is about 10-15 mins away.
The driver proceeded to tell us that the reason for her delay was that she took a nap. That she had been up since 3am and needed a nap. While I understand being tired during a shift, I do NOT understand actually taking time to nap on the job when you've been contacted to pick someone up within the next 30 mins. She never apologized for her actions and addressed it in a manor as if to say we should know better than to take offence to her actions. I was never at any point rude but very upset that she proceeded to make small talk again with no apology. I would think twice before using this service for a Park & Fly

Room Tip: Check closer to airport for better options
  • Stayed April 2011
wingateindyairport, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., responded to this review, 11 September 2011
I am sorry that you did not get the service that you expected. It was completely uncalled for. The employee that was involved is no longer employeed here and the new staff has been trained. I hope you except my appology and concider giving us another chance in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

My family and I stood there for one night (planning on 4 nights), while taking my son a bath I found a disgusting roach dead near the tub! We checked out the next morning to go to the microtel right in front....way nicer for a lower rate! It was a nice, CLEANER, hotel/motel! The microtel was way better than expected! As for wingate I will not EVER stay there again! Not to mention it had a bad smell and everything was outdated, only plus was the flat screen tv but no good channels!

• Stayed April 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

Wow, this hotel was really nice!! We were a loud and noisy bunch all over the place at many different hours and we weren't the only large group, so the staff were busy! And, they were great!

Pros: easy checkin, nice lobby/breakfast area = easy hangout space for afterhours, near a Sam's Club (front desk staff let me borrow a card to shop for a birthday cake), nice rooms = clean, spacious, decent a/c unit, Neutrogena toiletries, comfy bed and quiet rooms, cordless phone, flat screen tv, nice furniture, fridge and microwave + coffee pot, standard inroom safe, etc.; indoor pool, not large, but nice appearance, decent meeting room space, nice carpeting in halls and rooms, good lighting and plenty of mirrors in the rooms.

Cons: no alarm clock in my room, no extra shower light/heat lamp, bathroom door sticks on the bath rug, .....obviously these are minor!!!

The staff were very nice and accommodating and just lovely!!! The breakfast was hearty and well-stocked, lots of teas, hot oatmeal, waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, pastries juices, coffees, etc. Shuttle to/from the airport was prompt (just remember to reserve it for the hourly departure when you want to return to the airport). 24 hour free business center to check email and print boarding passes and all that stuff was very helpful, too. Really, Liz, Lisa and her staff were just wonderful for our family wedding party!

And, before, I forget, there are other hotels and a restaurant/bar within walking distance as well as the Sam's Club. A slightly more difficult walk, due to a cross street, includes a liquor store, Mexican food shop (bought the birthday candle there), a gas station and a few other little shops.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lasfloras
Baltimore, Md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

We were traveling to Des Moines for the holidays and this was the place we decide to hang our hat for the night. Upon walking in, we were offered a king suite at $80. It was sizeable and clean room with a whirlpool tub. Cookies were out at night in the lobby for snacking and a large breakfast was included in the morning. Breakfast was self-serve with basic scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, muffins & toast and a make your own waffle. No complains at all.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dc_girly_girl
Florissant, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

We booked a 3 night stay here because they were offering 30% off with a 3 night stay. We were in town for a Colts game and the hotel was a short drive from downtown (15 minutes). The general manager checked me in and she was most polite and helpful. She even gave me a map of the shopping areas which were about 3 miles west of the hotel. We found a movie theatre, several large stores and lots of restaurants in that area. Our room was large and included a king bed, a desk and a chair with an ottoman. There was plenty of room for a couch, which would have been more useful. The free internet was great. Our bathroom was clean, but the fixtures looked a bit dated. On the plus side, the shower had a variable speed head which I was actually able to adjust -- most of the time when you try to adjust them you end up just about unscrewing the enitre shower head. Our bed was adequate-- too hard for my liking. The HVAC unit wasn't terribly efficient either -- it was either on or off. When it was on, it was entirely too hot. If we turned it down, it did not keep the room at a consistent temperature. The breakfast was OK. They offered more hot items than most motels, which was nice. They had eggs every day and alternated between ham and sausage. There were biscuits and gravy, but one morning they ran out of gravy, another morning they ran out of biscuits. When I asked the breakfast attendant about them he answered that "someone had gone to get them". The breakfast attendant was about the only unfriendly person in the place-- he did not speak well, wore baggy jeans and even a knit cap one morning. He did not present well. A guest with a dog walked into the breakfast area one morning and no one asked her to leave. Fortunately, she did not stay long.I am glad that we didn't pay full price for this motel. But for the price we paid, it was adequate.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Ontario, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

This place might not be the highest class of hotel but I had a great experience staying here.

Check in was fast and the staff was very friendly.

The bed was one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. The TV was a flat screen but I had some bad reception on a lot of the channels.

Room was quiet and laundry was good. This place is right next door to a Sam's Club so it's very convenient. The fridge, microwave and coffee maker was great.

I liked it here!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

My husband and I picked this place to stay at while we were watching the MotoGP race. A lot of people were here for the race. They were friendly and we hung out with a few of them. Even the front desk people and the courtesy van drivers were friendly and helpful.

When we first arrived, we walked to the racetrack from here (a few miles) but couldn't do it again. So we took the bus (but it was kinda ghetto). Taxi service sucks (slow and unreliable) unless you are going downtown. We were just going to rent bikes but then the hotel realized how many people were going to the racetrack so they got a van ($15 a day). That was pretty considerate of them. Sometimes they were late but it was understandable because it was the same van that picked up and dropped off people form the airport. The van drove us to more places than just the racetrack and gave a lot of recommendations, too.

The rooms were clean. They had a room where you can go on the internet and print out documents. They were next to a few restaurants that we could walk to. They had a pool and a jacuzzi where we also hung out with fellow Wingaters.

Overall, I thought the place and people were great. The location is kind of out there (not near enough to the racetrack to walk even though we tried). And you definitely have to take a taxi to the city.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)