“Indy airport 8-7-14”

Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd.
Ranked #32 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 11 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
wingateindyairport, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,232)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I'm VERY particular about my hotels and will not stay in places where I do not feel safe and or comfortable. We did stay one night at this hotel. The staff was friendly and breakfast had a very good variety (hot and cold foods and beverages and was well stocked). Hotel has had some updates (new carpet in hall) and it smelled clean (important!!). Beds were comfortable, pillows were ok. Rate for the night was really good ($90 with AAA) for a double queen and I had researched A LOT of hotels in the area (last minute plans - booked day prior) and many other hotels were booked solid. I didn't want my kids sleeping on a pull-out couch, so I was limited to finding a hotel with two queen beds. The price actually scared me at first (will it be in an unsafe part of town? is it a dump?). The area felt safe and had some restaurants nearby for dinner too. The pool was large and whirlpool was great - some wall areas needed paint touch ups, but other than that, a really good pool area (I believe it was 4-5 foot deep). Our bathroom had a little dirt in the corners, but the bathroom served its purpose well. Good water pressure in the shower. We had a fridge and microwave in our room (did not use) and the hairdryer had a built in nightlight (which I didn't notice until we were packing up to leave). For business, this hotel would fulfill a need at a reasonable rate. I prefer a few more bells and whistles while on vacation that this hotel does not offer (such as food/beverages in evening and soft drinks and popcorn for kids).

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and saw people walking around outside the window. I would get a room o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. We take pride in our customer service we provide. Hope you will stay with us again

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice stay. Hotel was clean and room was comfortable with frig and safe in the room. Housekeeping did a good job except did not clean or replenish the in room coffee pot any of the 3 days we were there. Very nice hot breakfast and very clean breakfast area. Would love to see an outside sitting area. We will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
wingateindyairport, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Reviewed 1 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
wingateindyairport, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Reviewed 24 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
wingateindyairport, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was sorely disappointed from my stay at this hotel. The lobby and the rooms are tired looking with worn down furniture. In room 313, where I stayed, the sheets had what I thought was coffee stains.... they were not coffee stains, they were body fluids.
Because this discovery was made after housekeeping hours, I had the option to either change rooms or change the sheets. They did remedy the situation, but I was grossed out for the remainder of the stay, wondering what else I would come across.
Stained sheets, dingy towels, run down rooms. Not worth the money in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and to let me know about your issues. I am sorry you had a negative experience. Our General Manager offered to change your room and you refused and then she offered to go up and change the sheets for you and you refused. You wanted to change them yourself. We take pride in our customer service. Hope you will consider giving us another chance next time you are in Indianapolis.