“Good place to meet with friends for food & drink”
Review of Chatham Tap

Chatham Tap
Ranked #243 of 2,450 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stopped in for the first time with out-of-town friends. Large beer selection. We really enjoyed our fish & chips. Friends had a beer, a wine, a salad and a sandwich and enjoyed them, too. We were there about 3pm so it was still pretty sedate (no raucous games) and we were able to enjoy an hour of conversation. Cold beer, hot food, great staff. Will go back.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I see that several reviewers have graded the food average or less than average pub fare. I beg to disagree. My hubby and I think it's BETTER than average pub fare and , of course, they have an extensive selection of ales available . As to the food, they have a broad range of sandwiches ( in addtiion to burgers) that feature interesting ingredient combinations. They also have about 7 types of breads you can choose from for your sandwich. You can even eat healthy here, seriously! The one food item we were disappointed in was the soup ( Italian Ravioli was the day's special) which tasted like canned. All else tasted fresh. The service could have been better but it was a BUSY night ( and quite LOUD, I might add) so we forgave them that. The ( male) server who took our order had a most unique hairstyle that is worth the stop if for no other reason. I'll not be a "spoiler". You'll simply have to head there and see for yourself. You can't possibly miss it! The one "Ewww" was I noticed that the wait staff ( who were mostly male this particular night) had their thumbs inside the plates they were carrying to the tables meaning those thumbs may have made direct contact with your food. Watch for this! Also, be forewarned that if there is an event nearby ( as there was this night with Indy Fringe crowd), the conversation noise is beyond loud! Go at a more "tame" time, and this may then be a consistent 4 star not a 3 star experience...but do NOT complain about the food if you try something unique on the menu.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Small party for business social. 3 people so not a lot to handle! Server was pretty new and obviously this may have been his first gig as a waiter. Needs to know the menu and specials like his elavator speech! Service then was not crisp and wholesome and the food was good but was probably not a repeat or regular venue for me. If locals get this vibe too then it's a problem. I get the beer and soccer, but this is a restaurant not just a sports bar, so it needs to have a GM do the undercover boss thing and see what needs crimping up. Good luck. Cheers!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Great for those that want to want to watch premier league football, but the food is average bar food, the beer list is average and the wait staff are slow. It seemed that the regulars get the most attention, not newbies like us. I have been back several times and it's the same - rather click-ish. If you're not part of the in-group the experience is nothing special.

1  Thank motomonkey
Reviewed 16 April 2013

After an afternoon at the Indy Zoo on a lovely spring day, we went to the Chatham Tap on Mass Ave. It's an English pub type place, with servers who are friendly, and very knowledgeable about all the beers on the menu - and it's an extensive menu. They've got several tvs, so you could see anything from soccer, to the Master's, to baseball - and yet you could still hear yourself think and enjoy your fellow diners. They have an outdoor patio which many folks were enjoying (and we noticed a pooch or two enjoying themselves out there). The food menu has a nice variety of sandwiches, burgers, pizza and one of my favorites, fish & chips. And, the fish & chips comes in two sizes: full, which is 8(!) pieces of fish and half-portion, 4 pieces. And the servers were also helpful and amazingly honest when we were deciding on dessert - actually steered us away from one of the specials; and the desserts we ended up with were nothing to write home about. Next time (and there will be a next time!) we'll just stick with food and beer.