“Great Find”

Zionsville, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stumbled across Thai Papaya earlier this year and have been eating there or carrying out weekly ever since. We started to tell all of our friends about it and they have become fans as well. Portions are good size and I like the idea of supporting a mom and pop restaurant. Yes, they are out of some things from time to time but if you can't tolerate that go to a chain like Applebees. The owners are very friendly and the food is dependable. It is on par with some our our favorite Thai places in Chicago which is where we used to live.

• Visited May 2013

Carmel, California
“Wow!!!! Terrible!,,,”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

Greasy, salty, terrible. Do not waste your time. I took two bites, asked for the check and left. The lady then asked if I don't like Thai food. That's the thing...I love good Thai food and this was not good.

1 Thank TravelingForager
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

We went with low expectations due to the previous reviews but this is an awesome Thai restaurant. The Thom Yum shrimp soup was terrific, pad thai noodles great, and the Panang curry excellent. It is run by a couple and one waiter--and they were helpful and lovely. I cannot recommend more and I am very critical...hard to find good Thai food in Indianapolis!

Indianapolis
“Great Thai food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is a small Mom and Pop operation and the food is great! We especially like the pan fried noodles - hot, and the thai red curry -medium.

Cudahy WI
“Trip Advisor Steered Us Straight to Thai Papaya”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

When I first heard about this site I saw three reviews that were all very positive. Then today when thinking about where to eat I noticed two more, more recent reviews that were far from complimentary but I decided to give them a try and my courage was rewarded. I'm not sure where ikimmy and LifeOnAString are coming from but I was very favorably impressed with the food, the prices, and the staff.
We may not have "travelled" enough to know "authentic" Thai from americanized Thai -- but I know what tastes good and I enjoy eating. Our meal tonight was as good as at any U.S. Thai resto we've been to and we've been to quite a few of them.
The place IS small. I can see how it could be overcome at busy times but when we arrived early in the dinner hour we had our pick of tables, prompt and courteous service and a very nice meal. I ordered my meal HOT, my wife asked for her MEDIUM -- the chef hit both on the head.
We happen to be transient visitors but were treated with all the warmth of regular customers. If we pass through Indy again at dinner time I'll gladly stop again.