“Good hotel for the price”

Best Western Indianapolis South
Ranked #61 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Good hotel for the price”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was going to a Convention and wanted a hotel downtown and missed out and this way the next best thing, in a good way. It was a short easy drive, located next to many restaurants. It had a decent continental breakfast with biscuits and gravy, eggs and waffles and not crowded I could always find a place to sit. No elevator, but only two floors. For the price it was a good,clean, large room. The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is that the wifi didn't work for the 4 days I was there it was either too slow(one day) or just plain wouldn't connect(the other 3) but since I was out of the room at 8am and usually didn't get back till about 11pm I really just needed the room to sleep and clean up so no access to the internet with my laptop was just a minor inconvenience( I used my iphone to do cursory checks of email and such). Overall if I miss out on a downtown hotel next year I would be perfectly fine staying here again. About a third the price of the downtown hotels during the convention ;).

Room Tip: No elevator,but only two stories, if you have problems with stairs request a ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Aj S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Indianapolis South, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Steve W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

I have discussed the Wi-Fi issue with our Director of Engineering and it has been resolved.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 317-888-5588.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Best Western Indianapolis South is a comfortable stay. It is conveniently located off I-65 Exit 103 and is only 7 miles from Downtown Indianapolis. For the quality of the room and the price, you can't beat it. Also, several popular restaurants are within walking or close driving distance. The only downside is the quality of the breakfast items. Other than that, this is a very good, moderately priced hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marc W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

We are currently exploring some exciting new options for our breakfast.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I make multiple trips to Indianapolis each year. When I found this hotel I have not stayed at another since. The staff are always polite and will go out of their way to meet any and all reasonable requests. For over 3 years they have continued to upgrade the hotel and the location is great to get anywhere in the city with access to multiple shopping centers and restaurants. Always a pleasure to walk through the doors and be treated with such great service!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear lukesgc,

Dade City, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I should have been told by the front desk clerk upon registering that there was no elevator available. Then I could have asked for a ground floor room. Being 84 years old the stairs were difficult to manage at best. Otherwise the accomadations were OK, no problems.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear John G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

The staff member who checked you in is no longer with our company. I want to personally apologize for his indifference to your needs.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 317-888-5588.
Kendallville, Indiana
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Came here late at night after a Pacers playoff game....roughly 12am-12:30 range. When we checked in, the unfriendly lady copied our driver's license and took our credit card. She gave us the credit card back, but left the license in the copier (we didn't realize until we were already on our way to our next destination the following day).

Once we got to the room, it was about what we expected for the price. Nothing wonderful; about average. We decided to pass on the breakfast because it was rather small and unappealing.

The next day once we figured out our license was gone, we immediately called and the person didn't even bother to apologize or offer help. They said, "Oh, I don't see it anywhere, maybe it's in the drawer." Sure enough it was there. We had to go out of our way to pick it up a few days later. I know it was late, but still you're bound to have seen it because how did it get to the drawer.

In conclusion, I'd say you're probably better off finding somewhere else to stay unless it's short and you aren't too picky.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It's a place to sleep, but if you're looking for anything else, you should look elsewhere. I stayed here for a tournament with a group and they didn't clean the rooms daily. It was very close to the venue and we needed 10 rooms, so it was virtually impossible for us to move - that's the only reason we stayed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

West Lafayette, IN
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here on a particularly busy week, and the rate was lower than other options. Front desk staff were friendly, check-in was pretty quick. Room was decent, if unremarkable. Carpet a little worn, and the clock was unplugged (I guess to save electricity?), but otherwise the furnishings were good, bedding was clean and comfortable, and bathroom was clean. Thermostat on AC unit wasn't working well, so the room was never as cool as I'd have liked.

The main drawback was that the internet signal was dreadful. Our room was fairly close to the front desk area, though on the second floor. A few devices couldn't receive the signal, and those that did got a really slow signal. Maybe it was because the hotel was full, but I wouldn't plan on using Skype or streaming video here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear abeagler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property.

I have discussed the issues with the AC and the internet with our Director of Engineering and we have resolved them.