“Ripped off and Disgusted...”

Super 8 Indianapolis
Ranked #85 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed at this property over Indy 500 weekend- paid almost $120 for a room (to be expected) but still a rip off. The interior of the hotel was painted in the most hideous shades of school bus yellow and banana yellow with green grass carpeting. The family that owns this franchise property obviously live in it. It was clean but a dump to say the least. The grandfather of the family that own/live in the property was refilling breakfast items-he dropped toast on the ground and picked it up and placed it into the basket of bread for the guests to eat from- we were horrified! HOW DISGUSTING! The breakfast offered cereal, toast, or waffles. The photos on both trip advisor and Super 8 DO NOT look anything like the hotel really does...do not be fooled! We had 2 rooms booked and neither the furniture nor the bedspreads were the same in either room- where did they buy this stuff? There was NO air conditioning in the "common" areas of the hotel just fans moving hot air around- the window unit in our room was barely working the lady owner came up and wiggeled the unit around until the air came on it seemed to work OK after that point. The ice machines were hardly working (again Indy weekend Im sure they were tapped out???). Given the price, the condition and the overall experience at this hotel I can say that we WONT EVER be staying here again- our complaints have been voiced to Super 8 customer service already.

Room Tip: dont stay here-
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bfamily500
sly1234_12, Owner at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

. You visited our hotel on the weekend of the 500 mile race. Every hotel in the city had high rates due to the special event (the Indianapolis 500) being ran on May 27th. In reference to the slice of bread, it was set aside and thrown away, not served to the customers. The breakfast which is served at our hotel, is a standard Super 8 breakfast, as listed from Super 8 Corporate. Our rooms are set up with matching bedspreads in each room, however each room does not match another room. Concerning the ice machine it was overly used that weekend by guests filling ice chests to take to the race. Once again we apologize and thank you for your concerns.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Indianapolis

Reviewed 10 October 2011

This Super 8 would be pretty average, other than the owners birds. We had a really hard time falling asleep and putting our 14 month old daughter to bed because we could hear them in our room from 10pm to midnight. Definitely had a rough night.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Check in was quick and the woman at the desk was friendly. This hotel is very convenient and clean. My only issue- Upon checking out I started to walk to the desk (from the nearby breakfast area) and the man at the desk looked at me and went into the back room. I then had to wait at least 5 minutes and finally as my husband asked why I was still waiting he came back out to help me. It was odd and added to that there is no bell at the desk. So my only options to get help are to stand there and wait or yell. Location is great. It's not far off the highway and it is right by Walmart and several places to eat. Perfect stop and sleep location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We only stayed one night. It was clean enough, easy in easy out, and plenty of places to eat. Right off the expressway, and served its purpose for what we needed.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My son in law, grandson and I were in town for the Brickyard 400 last weekend, and our stay could not have been better. Our double nonsmoking room was spotless!!! the staff was very friendly, and more than willing to help in any way. The motel is located right off I-465 and was very near everything you could need while traveling.If you are looking for a good place to stay, at a great price... This is just what you want. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Very clean, and comfortable rooms. Take your pick.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2009

We stayed here 1 night. The room was good, the breakfast ok. The staff not very talkative or helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2008

My severely physically handicapped husband became ill on the way home from taking our son to college in Iowa. We called ahead to this motel and explained the special accomodations required to care for him, and we were told they could meet the requirements. We arrived late at night, and before they would even show me the room, I was required to sign the credit card slip, so they could "close out their books" for the night. When I got to the room it was not at all as described, and there was no way to take care of my husband there, as I could not even get him into their bed. When I went back to the desk they refused to give me a refund, and even charged me for my two lap dogs, which were never out of our car. The credit card company said there is nothing they can do, and the motel staff lied and said we were there and used the room for six hours! We were not! Instead we went directly across the street to the Red Roof Inn, where they not only had the correct accomodations, but were extremely concerned and helpful. DO NOT STAY at this Super 8. They will rip you off.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple