“One of the Best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Indianapolis

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Super 8 Indianapolis
Ranked #84 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I was in town for Gen Con and the Indy Fringe Fest, a good week and a half, and wanted some place comfortable and convenient to stay. This Super 8 fit the bill to a "T." The price was just right, especially considering just how much the other hotels in the area jacked up their prices for the MotoGP that same weekend. The location was good, too, what with the number of restaurants within a five-minute drive, as well as a Wal-Mart next door and quick access to 65 and 465. The free breakfast was pretty good, especially the waffles. (What can I say? I like waffles!) The hotel is very clean and well maintained by a staff that's friendly and very conscientious. When I called them months before, I asked how often they cleaned the rooms of longer-term guests. The lady told me every other day, but from the looks of my room, I'm guessing they cleaned it every day. This was very cool and very impressive, considering that the year before I had stayed at the nearby Motel 6 for about the same length of time and all they did was toss in some clean towels -- once. One thing that really surprised me was the mini-fridge in the room, a nice, clean, quiet fridge. I asked them about it and they said that, given just how long I was going to be staying with them, they put it in there at no extra charge. It was just too cool of them. I think my only ding on the place was the one day I had planned on sleeping in late, they called about 10am, asking if I wanted my room serviced that day; never mind that I had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Next time, I'll just mention it to the front desk.

I have every intention of staying with them again next year. Thanks again, Super 8 -- South Emerson! You're one of the best!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sly1234_12, Manager at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and the outstanding ratings, you gave our hotel. We apologize for your being disturbed by the phone call. We look forward to seeing you next year during Gen Con.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Decatur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Our non-smoking room was clean, although it smelled slightly of smoke. The staff was polite. The breakfast was decent, with waffles, two cereal choices, and fresh fruit. The hotel is located in a convenient location right off of the interstate. We had no complaints, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
sly1234_12, Owner at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We appreciate customers that use our hotel, as normal stop when they are in Indianapolis. Thank you again for your business, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
dekalb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

This place is handy--right off the interstate. There's a 24-hour Walmart next door and plenty of places to eat. There is nothing fancy here. There's no swimming pool, no exercise room, no restaurant, no elaborate breakfast. But it is clean and quiet and doesn't cost a fortune. I've stayed here many times and have never had a problem. The owners/managers are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for you views on our hotel. The staff appreciates your comments the performance of their duties. Hope you to see you here again in the future. Thank you again for taking time to lets us know you feelings about our hotel and our staff.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed at this property over Indy 500 weekend- paid almost $120 for a room (to be expected) but still a rip off. The interior of the hotel was painted in the most hideous shades of school bus yellow and banana yellow with green grass carpeting. The family that owns this franchise property obviously live in it. It was clean but a dump to say the least. The grandfather of the family that own/live in the property was refilling breakfast items-he dropped toast on the ground and picked it up and placed it into the basket of bread for the guests to eat from- we were horrified! HOW DISGUSTING! The breakfast offered cereal, toast, or waffles. The photos on both trip advisor and Super 8 DO NOT look anything like the hotel really does...do not be fooled! We had 2 rooms booked and neither the furniture nor the bedspreads were the same in either room- where did they buy this stuff? There was NO air conditioning in the "common" areas of the hotel just fans moving hot air around- the window unit in our room was barely working the lady owner came up and wiggeled the unit around until the air came on it seemed to work OK after that point. The ice machines were hardly working (again Indy weekend Im sure they were tapped out???). Given the price, the condition and the overall experience at this hotel I can say that we WONT EVER be staying here again- our complaints have been voiced to Super 8 customer service already.

Room Tip: dont stay here-
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bfamily500
sly1234_12, Owner at Super 8 Indianapolis, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
. You visited our hotel on the weekend of the 500 mile race. Every hotel in the city had high rates due to the special event (the Indianapolis 500) being ran on May 27th. In reference to the slice of bread, it was set aside and thrown away, not served to the customers. The breakfast which is served at our hotel, is a standard Super 8 breakfast, as listed from Super 8 Corporate. Our rooms are set up with matching bedspreads in each room, however each room does not match another room. Concerning the ice machine it was overly used that weekend by guests filling ice chests to take to the race. Once again we apologize and thank you for your concerns.

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

This Super 8 would be pretty average, other than the owners birds. We had a really hard time falling asleep and putting our 14 month old daughter to bed because we could hear them in our room from 10pm to midnight. Definitely had a rough night.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bath,Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Check in was quick and the woman at the desk was friendly. This hotel is very convenient and clean. My only issue- Upon checking out I started to walk to the desk (from the nearby breakfast area) and the man at the desk looked at me and went into the back room. I then had to wait at least 5 minutes and finally as my husband asked why I was still waiting he came back out to help me. It was odd and added to that there is no bell at the desk. So my only options to get help are to stand there and wait or yell. Location is great. It's not far off the highway and it is right by Walmart and several places to eat. Perfect stop and sleep location.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

We only stayed one night. It was clean enough, easy in easy out, and plenty of places to eat. Right off the expressway, and served its purpose for what we needed.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family