“I would have been safer/happier on a park bench in the Bronx!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Indianapolis
Indianapolis Budget Inn and Suites
Ranked #163 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Phoenix, Arizona
“I would have been safer/happier on a park bench in the Bronx!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

In 40 years, this was the worst pit of a place I've ever stayed. First, I check in and the room smells like a giant ash tray...in fact, the entire place was just one giant rolling paper, lit up and burning (you could smell it outside)....so I ask to switch....the guy up front - who seemed nice enough (just doing his job) - helped locate a "smoke free" room...that still smelled like sh--....oh, I mean smoke. I asked if I could just get my money back and go elsewhere (my son and husband are on inhalers - really wasn't a great idea to have them in those rooms). Guy said he couldn't refund until morning. Had to wait for manager. So, pretty much stuck for the night....
Okay...the room.....First of all, let me thank the fine owners at Budget Inn for giving my husband something to throw in my face for the rest of my life; about what a mess of a place I picked to stay. He gets in the room, crawls into bed and finds a nail and cigarette butt, under the covers, on his side. I don't even wanna know how those two items relate, but obviously not something you want to find in a motel bed. The room was filthy - my socks were black...my white cat was grey - cigarette butts in the corners....peeling wall paper, some sort of wrack hanging half on and half off the wall...BUT, they did have WiFi?!
The bathroom...ah yes - the coup de gra of the experience! The toilet was not bolted down; about to fall over. It was totally plugged....and leaking from the back. The floor and carpet were soaked by the a/m. Mold - yes - MOLD was growing on the mirror...I didn't even wanna touch the shower curtain. The shower itself was disturbing - I was actually looking for cameras and fully expect to see my shower experience online somewhere. The shower head did not work - I actually had to use the ice bucket (complete with the dead fly), to fill to rinse my hair. About the only thing we didn't find was a used prophylactic....but, at that point, we were too afraid to look under the bed....so there probably was one there....to go with the nail and the cigarette butt. I slept in all my clothes, on top of the bed linens. Room was on the second story...and the steps leading up were made of rotting wood...quite wobbly....I think I would have felt safer and cleaner in a jail cell. All these perks for $70?! Wow - such a deal. I'm happy I had cats with me...I felt as if they kept any potential roach or mice infestations at bay....I can't believe the health department (or whoever the state agency is that oversees these hotel/motels) lets this place stay in business. It's a complete and total disgrace. Stay here for Halloween - it would make a great haunted house. Otherwise, get back in your car and RUN AWAY SCREAMING!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank JJBbro

Couples
Solo
Business
Saint Paul MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2005

The was the worst hotel stay I have ever experienced. The room smelled of urine, it was filthy, the air conditioning didn't work, it stated "internet hook up" but there wasn't one, it stated microwave in room, but there wasn't one. I could not get towels, there were less every day. No washcloths. Peeling wall paper, dirty carpet. When I saw another guest complained he was told to "try and find a room elsewhere". Super 8 has not responded to one of my complaints, despite being sent 35 mm photo graphs!

6 Thank MnSensei
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2005

I made a reservation over 9 months in advance of the Indy 500. I called the actual hotel long distance a week before my stay to ensure that I had my room for 3 nights confirmed. I had travelled 600 miles and, when I got to the hotel, was told that they had no record of my reservation. This happened to another person in line, too. They said they were completely booked, but upon enough complaints, the desk clerk kept calling someone in the hotel asking them to "find me more rooms." Then this secret person would come up with a room, particularly for certain people who were return guests. Very suspicious. I asked them to access my reservation on the computer because I had a confirmation #, and was told that they don't use computers. I wouldn't go away, so was told that they only had rooms with broken tvs. I wouldn't let them wait on anyone else until they found me a room, so finally got the room type that I'd originally requested. I later found out that a hotel employee had cancelled my reservation the night before I got there. The rooms seem old and dingy, the bathroom had mildew and mold around the tub. It did have a working refrigerator. There is a machine in the lobby that has shampoo and other toiletries for a $1 or so - the only item supplied was a bar of soap.

• Stayed May 2005