“Wonderful experience”

Chef Joseph's at the Connoisseur Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Joseph's at the Connoisseur Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #235 of 2,406 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Transit: One of the main hubs for the IndyGo Bus service is directly across the street from Chef Joseph's at The Connoisseur Room on the corner of Ohio Street and Pennsylvania Street.
Description: Taste why Chef Joseph's was voted a Top New Restaurant for 2012 in Indianapolis Monthly, was named Best New Restaurant by Nuvo NewsWeekly, Most Romantic Restaurant on Indy's A-List, received an A+ Rating from Avanti, was an OpenTable Diners Choice Award Winner for 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015, and won the Summer 2013 & 2014 Devour Downtown Cocktail Contest. We welcome our guests to entertain over Lunch, Dinner & Brunch, gather for dynamic meetings, and experience memorable special events, such as our renowned wine pairing dinners and live music evenings.
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was our first visit to Chef Joseph's and it will not be our last. We selected it based on a friend's recommendation and are glad we did.
My wife had the Ravioli and I had the Mahi....both were excellent. We were a little disappointed in the wine list but found out after the fact there is another hand written list and changes frequently so it is not on the table. Wish we had known. We will next time!
The atmosphere reminded us of restaurants found in Chicago: small, great ambiance and a live pianist and singer.

1  Thank DALK21

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I really enjoyed lunch with a client here. The service was very professional although not very engaging. The hostess was pleasant and prompt. The restaurant was 30% full for lunch and the preparation and delivery of food was timely. Quality and taste was above to significantly above average. Value was consistent with a professional sit down business lunch.

1  Thank markm484692
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I wish the food had been better, but it is very very reasonable, wine prices very good. I had the Italian Beef, which is a favorite sandwich of mine, but the meat was dry, just not tasty. The bread was just OK, but those homemade chips were a great side. My colleague had the chicken parmesan-like entree, I had a bite; not impressed. The music, however, made us stay for another bottle of wine. Very cool and hip, seemed quite local. The atmosphere screams upscale, the food screams Tony Roma's, sorry to say. I would go back for an after dinner drink. They had no dessert that enticed any of us, but great menu of aperitifs, ports and digestifs. And reasonable.

1  Thank Kymberly H
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very nice decor and ambiance. Live music was a pianist, solo then with singer. Service very prompt and attentive, but not overly so. Server seemed somewhat inexperienced (didn't know what a Gimlet was),but it wasn't a problem. The wine we ordered was no longer stocked and a different vintners bottle substituted. Still fine. Fried calamari appetizer was quite nice, as was the goat cheese and bread.
4 out of 6 of us were very impressed with our entrees. The other 2 had the Mahi. They found it lacking in flavor. Not the fish, but the seasoning. Were looking for more pop from a glaze or something. 2 had the ravioli, and both raved. One had mussels and was very happy also. I had the special that night, seared Ahi tuna with balsamic reduction over kale slaw. I loved it. I should have added a side, say, fingerling potatoes.
Everything on the limited menu sounded great. The filet medallions and my special were priciest, but at only $35-36. Others were from $18-26. Each tab had a drink, 2/3 bottle of wine, and 2/3 of two apps, and entrees. Around $100.
I was quite pleased with the whole experience. I think I can convince her to return, just not order the Mahi.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

They paid careful attention to welcoming us for our anniversary. The setting is very romantic. I really appreciated just the right amount of attention from the wait staff. I had the tomato basil soup and the Scottish salmon on couscous - very good. The female vocalist/flute player had a very pleasant voice and came over to privately congratulate us. This was a good choice for a special occasion.