“A Great Evening in Indy”

Chef Joseph's at the Connoisseur Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Joseph's at the Connoisseur Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #225 of 2,379 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Transit: One of the main hubs for the IndyGo Bus service is directly across the street from Chef Joseph's at The Connoisseur Room on the corner of Ohio Street and Pennsylvania Street.
Description: Taste why Chef Joseph's was voted a Top New Restaurant for 2012 in Indianapolis Monthly, was named Best New Restaurant by Nuvo NewsWeekly, Most Romantic Restaurant on Indy's A-List, received an A+ Rating from Avanti, was an OpenTable Diners Choice Award Winner for 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015, and won the Summer 2013 & 2014 Devour Downtown Cocktail Contest. We welcome our guests to entertain over Lunch, Dinner & Brunch, gather for dynamic meetings, and experience memorable special events, such as our renowned wine pairing dinners and live music evenings.
New Brighton, MN
“A Great Evening in Indy”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were a party of 2 in our 30's on a Saturday evening in April 2014. The food, atmosphere, and service were all outstanding. We loved the vibe of the space and it would be perfect for pairs and smaller groups. I would not sit near the door in the winter as you will likely get a draft, but the overall experience was good and I would highly recommend it.

1 Thank mndarkhorse

Ohio City, Ohio
“Romantic, but rushed”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I recently celebrated our birthday's at Chef Joseph's. We drove 3 hours to visit the city, with dinner being the only planned event on our agenda. We were pleased with the atmosphere, the pianist was wonderful, and the waiter was very knowledgeable and attentive. We began our meal with the Baked goat cheese, roasted red pepper tomato sauce, with grilled pizza dough and sliced almonds. It was WONDERFUL - and a very generous portion for us to share. The wedge salad, which we split, was good. I ordered a trout special, which was also very good - the fished cooked to perfection. My husband ordered the Florentine Ravioli, which was wonderful. I had two glasses of Reisling, and he had two beers - all for $80.

My only complaint is that we were in and out of the restaurant in 40 minutes. We had looked so forward to the experience, and simply felt rushed. Perhaps some customers like the efficiency of having the next course served immediately after the previous is being finished, but I don't. I wanted to enjoy my dining experience, and that simply didn't happen.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank 59sunseeker
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Great food and ambiance”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Appetizers and dinner were great. The menu wasn't large but offerings were unique and presented perfectly. The waiter was a little timid with our group but offered wine and dessert which we all ordered. The piano player and upside down umbrellas were unique and fun, making this place a classic quirky place to dine.

1 Thank Shannon M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a wonderful evening”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

From the moment we walked in, without reservations, we felt welcomed at Chef Joseph's. Everything about the evening was enjoyable. The young lady at the piano was exquisite, and did not overpower the room. Our server was engaging and attentive. And our meal was splendid. Our server had told us that chef's fish specials were always good, and we couldn't agree more. Pan seared halibut on Israeli couscous with a little bit of pickled shallot on top. My wife and I have had the good fortune to dine at the tables of some of this country's best chefs, and our evening at Chef Joseph's compares well with those dinners.

Best of all, this is a local chef-owned restaurant. Unlike chain restaurants, where they cut open a bag and heat things up in a skillet, there's real talent in the kitchen at Chef Joseph's. The creativity and passion are evident in every bite.

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Indianapolis.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank DerekMaddox
“Sublime”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The ambiance, the food, the waiter, the chef, and the entertainment were everything you expect from a great restaurant. Anyone who says something to the contrary is a nitwit. Will we go back? You betcha! By the way, the calamari was the best I have eaten, and the scallops were perfect! In other words, I guarantee you will love this restaurant!