“Always swing by!”

Chef Joseph's at the Connoisseur Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Joseph's at the Connoisseur Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 2,379 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Transit: One of the main hubs for the IndyGo Bus service is directly across the street from Chef Joseph's at The Connoisseur Room on the corner of Ohio Street and Pennsylvania Street.
Description: Taste why Chef Joseph's was voted a Top New Restaurant for 2012 in Indianapolis Monthly, was named Best New Restaurant by Nuvo NewsWeekly, Most Romantic Restaurant on Indy's A-List, received an A+ Rating from Avanti, was an OpenTable Diners Choice Award Winner for 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015, and won the Summer 2013 & 2014 Devour Downtown Cocktail Contest. We welcome our guests to entertain over Lunch, Dinner & Brunch, gather for dynamic meetings, and experience memorable special events, such as our renowned wine pairing dinners and live music evenings.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Always swing by!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I don't visit home without a stop here. My family has been a big fan of Chef Joseph for years. The food is always thoughtful and delicious, the entertainment is great and the service is perfect. I typically don't leave here with under four courses so be prepared!

indianapolis
“Old fashioned Supper Club”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Chef Joseph's is an old fashioned supper club. Very good food with lounge singing. We heard Roger Schmelzer sing and he was outstanding. Food was excellent. The volume of the singing was not too loud so you could enjoy it and still converse.

Visited June 2014
Columbus, Indiana
“Great atmosphere, decent (but not amazing) food”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I went here with another couple last weekend. We live in a suburb outside of Indianapolis, and decided to drive in to the city for a nice dinner and overnight stay. We made reservations here because it was recently nominated as one of Indy's most romantic restaurants. Indeed, the ambiance was fantastic. When we entered the restaurant, it felt like we were in another city altogether (Chicago or New York maybe). Very "grown up" kind of place with a great jazz singer and a supper club kind of feel. The place was not very busy on this particular evening, and we were neither rushed or ignored by the waitstaff. The service was perfectly attentive with no issues.

The drink menu offered some unique martinis, and I ordered the strawberry basil. REALLY strong, but heck, it was a martini so I expected as much. It was pretty delicious. The dinner menu was limited (which I prefer), and I had read that the ravioli was a guest favorite so that's what I ordered. It was pretty good, but not a dish I would seek out again. I can't remember much about it already, and it's only been a week. Another person at the table ordered the chicken dish, and said it was somewhat like that found at Johnny Carinos (sorry). Again, everything was acceptable, but at no point did anyone have a wow moment with their meals. The creme brulee at the end of our meal was pretty tasty however! All in all, it was a nice time. I think if we lived closer I might give it another try, but I think with so many places to experience in Indy, we will go elsewhere for our next date night.

• Visited May 2014
Greenwood, Indiana
“Great”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I went with 2 business colleagues. We had reservations and were seated immediately. One of our party was running late so we ordered water and asked to wait. The waiter returned when the last of our party arrived. We ordered wine and then given more time to review the menu. We ordered and had time to have a quiet conversation while listening to the pianist. Our food was brought out in a timely manner. Our appetizer was brought out by Chef Joseph. The calamari steaks were wonderful. I will go back.

New Brighton, MN
“A Great Evening in Indy”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were a party of 2 in our 30's on a Saturday evening in April 2014. The food, atmosphere, and service were all outstanding. We loved the vibe of the space and it would be perfect for pairs and smaller groups. I would not sit near the door in the winter as you will likely get a draft, but the overall experience was good and I would highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2014