“My first winery and will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Easley Winery

Easley Winery
Ranked #53 of 166 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Looking for the ultimate urban winery experience? Swirl, sip, and savor over 20 award-winning craft wines made in downtown Indy, only 6 blocks from Monument Circle. Easley Winery is home to Reggae & Sweet Tulip Wines. The knowledgeable and engaging wine stewards offer tastings every day. Enjoy the whimsical gift shop or sit in the outdoor wine garden that features a great view of downtown. Learn how the winemaker takes premium local grapes and crafts them into nationally recognized wines during their free tours offered Saturdays & Sundays. Free, live music every Saturday May - Sept from 2 - 5 pm.
Cincinnati
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“My first winery and will be back”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

My first time visiting a winery and truly enjoyed it. 7 glasses for $5 AWESOME DEAL!!! Great specials on three or more bottles. Great gifts as well.

Visited April 2014

Bloomington, Illinois
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stopped in here for a tasting on a Saturday in October. We got there early so it wasn't crowded but by the time we were leaving it was getting fairly busy. We got the free tour which took about 10-15 minutes. Then we did the tasting with a group of women who had just arrived. We do a lot of winery tours / tastings and found this one to be pleasant. The wines aren't outstanding though. If you enjoy bold red wines, you will be a bit disappointed as the red wines seemed a little "weak". We did buy a bottle of the warm spiced wine though. There is a lot of wine merchandise and a nice outdoor seating area for times when the weather is warmer.

Visited October 2013
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Really disappointed”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Honestly, if you want to get drunk and socialize, it is perfect for you. If you want to appreciate wine for its quality and flavor, do not bother. I felt as if i was being hearded like inebreated cattle. I felt like I had little choice in tastings. In comparison to every other Indiana winery I have been to (i have been to all but 6), it was extremely disappointing. The tour was great (therefore i gave this place an average rating) the tasting was a complete disaster.. they tell you exactly what you have to taste, giving you a short list. You get 7 tastings for $5 but they give you the choices in a "pick 2 style" where you choose one per 6 of their barrels ranging from dry to sweet, then they make you taste their nasty Reggae Red. My tour guide and bartender, Bruce was extremely rude, and refused to let people try what they wanted, and continued to pour the Red even when I stated I did not want to try it. When I asked to try the one I wanted he said no. Also, there were too many stumbling drunks and no order. They seemed to get people in and out. It was very disorganized and would not reccomend for anyone who truly appreciates wine

2 Thank bablock
Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a tour and tasting on a weekend trip to Indy. We arrived 10 minutes before they opened but they gladly opened the doors so we didn't have to sit in the rain. The staff was extremely friendly and the wines were great. Most of the wines tended to be on the sweeter side so if you're a sweet wine fan you'll enjoy their selection.

Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had Time to Kill”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Waiting to check in to our hotel, and with a dog in tow, we stumbled upon this winery in downtown Indy. What a find! With a band, outdoor patio, and welcoming to dogs, this was the perfect place for us to wile away a summer afternoon. And the wine was very good.

Visited July 2013