“Great Value”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Meridian & Maryland
Description: Whether you come to Lorenzo's Ristorante for a quiet one-on-one conversation, a relaxed dinner with friends, a wedding reception or other large-scale events, Geoffrey, and the rest of Lorenzo's knowledgeable staff are dedicated to ensuring that your experience is characterized by the relaxed charm and authentic cuisine that are the two inseparable components of true Italian dining.
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I went to Lorenzo's for my birthday and it happened to be during Devour Downtown. It is an expensive experience minus the effect on the wallet. I will definitely go there again. First, I loved how they were willing to accommodate changes I made to my reservation and when we were late. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and because we were late we had to wait for a table (Devour Downtown is a big deal), but the wait was only 15 minutes. We were forewarned about our dinner taking a bit to complete by but our red headed waiter who acted as though we were the only ones there and was very knowledgeable about the menu. I ordered the shrimp scampi and had cheese cake for desert. I didn't feel well so I couldn't partake in the alcohol available, but they offer plenty of options (especially for wine). The bread was delicious, but the shrimp scampi was incredibly hot. I wasn't feeling well, but after bearing through eating such a hot dish, my nose opened. I could hardly taste the shrimp scampi because of the intensity of seasoning and I did not expect this intensity. It didn't ruin my experience. The cheesecake was marvelous and even though I ordered off the special menu for Devour Downtown, I was able to nibble some of the chopped salad my father ordered and it is by far my favorite. The dressing tasted like the home made dressing my mother makes. I definitely recommend this restaurant, but beware of the hot dishes.

There are newer reviews for Lorenzo's Ristorante

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We were staying downtown for a weekend getaway and selected Lorenzo's from the large number of nearby dining options. My partner and I were glad we did. The menu was more than adequate, and our various choices were excellent. The room had soft lighting (but not too little), pleasant (and low) music, and comfortable seating. The lighted fireplace was a nice touch on a cold winter evening. But it was the service provided by George that will bring us back. It was flawless - things arrived and were taken away at the perfect intervals, and refills of drinks were right on time. Plus, if another waited happened to come past our table, he would take away any empty plates without regard for "whose table" this was. It was clear the staff was working as a team to make our evening an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had dinner with my family on New Year's Eve after a Pacers' game. The restaurant is very convenient to the Bankers' Life Field house. Portions were on the small to average size and the dishes, while flavorful, were not anything special at all. The Minestrone was average at best, their sauce is not sweet, which is a plus, but it really isn't hearty either. As an Italian who loves to cook, I probably grade the Italian places a little tougher. Overall, next time, I will make reservations sooner so I can try a different spot.

1  Thank CinVinman
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Celebrated friends retirement, 25 people in attendance, everyone gave establishment high marks across the board. 3 friends have returned since December 9 outing.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and I had dinner here @ 5:15 on Monday, 12/16/13, before attending a Pacers game. Upon arrival there were only a couple people in the restaurant, one table and a person at the bar.
Our waitress was very helpful with great wine and food choices. My wife and I both had the Minestrone soup which was very flavorful and full of vegetables. My wife, being on a diet, ordered the Chopped Salad as her entrée with a special request to omit some of the things that came with it. This was no problem with our waitress and it was delivered exactly how my wife had requested. My wife said she'd love to have the Italian dressing that was on it because it was very tasty and light. I ordered the Veal Piccata which came with a side of pasta and their meat sauce. The veal was 3 or 4 pieces and was paper thin w/ capers and lemon. It was perfectly done and moist. The meat sauce on the pasta was really good also. For dessert I had their Tiramisu. As everything else, it was fabulous. Our waitress was attentive, yet unobtrusive throughout the meal. By the time we left at 6:30 the place had become pretty full (not bad for a Monday night!) All in all it was great food and great service. Highly recommend.