“Very nice restaurant in Indy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lorenzo's Ristorante - CLOSED

Lorenzo's Ristorante
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Meridian & Maryland
Description: Whether you come to Lorenzo's Ristorante for a quiet one-on-one conversation, a relaxed dinner with friends, a wedding reception or other large-scale events, Geoffrey, and the rest of Lorenzo's knowledgeable staff are dedicated to ensuring that your experience is characterized by the relaxed charm and authentic cuisine that are the two inseparable components of true Italian dining.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very nice restaurant in Indy”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

In town for the Big 10 basketball tourney, and saw Lorenzo's on TripAdvisor. Got a reservation a day ahead, knowing there would be big crowds in town, and asked to make sure that we could come over in casual clothes from the arena (only 1-2 blocks away); the hostess said absolutely. We got there 20 minutes early when the game got out and were able to be seated right away. The atmosphere is very nice, with the restaurant deeper off the street than it appears; space between tables is good, so you don't feel like you're on top of your neighbors. Good service (which overall we've had everywhere in Indy), very good fresh bread, lovely entrees and nice variety of dinner salads as well. Our table had veal, a filet mignon, and chicken, and all were nicely presented, well prepared, and delicious. Total price $115 without tip for 3 (no wine or dessert), so a little pricey, but a pleasant end to a lovely weekend. We did smile a bit that even in this nice restaurant there were several TVs, most of which were on ESPN channels on this heavy basketball weekend - Indy is, after all, a sports town!

• Visited March 2014

White Plains, New York
“Great Service, Ambiance, Food”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Lorenzo's Ristorante is adjacent to the Hampton Inn Downtown. It was the perfect spot for dinner after a long, grueling trip to the city for a conference. From the moment we sat down, we began to relax over hot, crusty Italian bread, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. My husband ordered a good chardonnay, and we both had the clams over linguine. They were done perfectly, not rubbery at all. The generous portion had lots of clams. We topped off the meal with cappuccino and tartuffo. It was just the lift we needed.

• Visited March 2014
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Great”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Great food, service outstanding. Went in with reservation for 15, were sat at two tables due to amount in group, my boss started rearranging, staff came over and completed it for him with no fuss whatsoever.

Visited February 2014
Indianapolis, IN
“Wonderful evening”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We met an out of town friend here for dinner. The service was wonderful. Geoffrey the general manager was delightful and helpful with the wine selections. The meal was fabulous. The location is in the heart of downtown, but kind of hidden. The ambience is elegant but not stuffy. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Value”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I went to Lorenzo's for my birthday and it happened to be during Devour Downtown. It is an expensive experience minus the effect on the wallet. I will definitely go there again. First, I loved how they were willing to accommodate changes I made to my reservation and when we were late. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and because we were late we had to wait for a table (Devour Downtown is a big deal), but the wait was only 15 minutes. We were forewarned about our dinner taking a bit to complete by but our red headed waiter who acted as though we were the only ones there and was very knowledgeable about the menu. I ordered the shrimp scampi and had cheese cake for desert. I didn't feel well so I couldn't partake in the alcohol available, but they offer plenty of options (especially for wine). The bread was delicious, but the shrimp scampi was incredibly hot. I wasn't feeling well, but after bearing through eating such a hot dish, my nose opened. I could hardly taste the shrimp scampi because of the intensity of seasoning and I did not expect this intensity. It didn't ruin my experience. The cheesecake was marvelous and even though I ordered off the special menu for Devour Downtown, I was able to nibble some of the chopped salad my father ordered and it is by far my favorite. The dressing tasted like the home made dressing my mother makes. I definitely recommend this restaurant, but beware of the hot dishes.

• Visited February 2014