“This place is really run down. Ick.”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #140 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Rooms need cleaning and repairs! Bathroom ceiling was in disrepair. Bedroom walls were dirty. Carpet in room was stained and I did not feel good about walking barefoot in it. Beds and linens were nice but that is the only good thing I can say. This hotel should be 2 stars not 3!

• Stayed: October 2013
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We assure you that this is not a the standard condition we would like to have in our hotel and will work on making the corrections.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Appreciated was the quick pick-up by shuttle bus from the airport.
Rooms size was OK, and the bed offered me a good rest quality.
Bad luck that my neighbours were noisy till deep in the night; their conversation was easy to hear through the walls. Bad luck also with the WiFi network; I had to go to the lobby for a decent network connection; in the room it was simply too slow (although network available). Nothing in the direct environment if you have no car (e.g. bar, restaurant, convenience store, ...).
Bathroom could use some repairs; it had its best times.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I recommend staying here only if you plan to be in Indianapolis for a short time and you're just looking for a place to lay your head. Personally, I wouldn't pay full price. I'd place a bid on Priceline for a hotel in the area or check Hotwire.

My 2 sisters, my husband, and I needed an inexpensive hotel for one night near the airport since we had an early flight. We're easy to please to and we just wanted a cheap, clean place to sleep. I placed a bid on Priceline for $42 for 3 star hotels in the airport area and this was the winning result. It was for a Thursday night.

I'm glad we got it for such a low cost on Priceline. It wasn't necessarily bad but wasn't great either. The lobby is nice, but the rooms are outdated. Our room had 2 double beds, but we all agreed they seemed smaller than typical doubles and felt a little cramped. The lighting was very dim, one of the lamp shades was torn up, and there was a place on the wall where it looked like there had been a hole that was poorly repaired.

However, all of this was minor to us. Mainly what we were looking for was a clean place near the airport and this fit the bill. We also took advantage of the parking and shuttle option. They'll allow you to park your car there for $5 a day and take a free shuttle to and from the airport. This was nice and cheaper than paying for parking at the airport. The shuttle comes and leaves every half hour and the drivers were friendly.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We are currently working on updating the hotel with additional renovations. We really hope that you will book our hotel in the future and experience the changes we have made to give you more of a value feel.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed there two days this September. It is by the old Airport area. Overall all good stay with only problem. I booked a sleep number bed but did not get the room with that type of bed? Don't know if there are any rooms with that type of bed in the room? But the bed was Ok. Just wanted to try the bed out to see if we liked it? Other wise great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Chrissy B, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so sorry that you were not placed in a Sleep Number bed. Next time you travel to the Indianapolis area, let us know and we will make sure you have the opportunity to sleep in the Sleep Number Bed.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This motel is very close to the airport and does everything possible to make you feel welcome. The rooms are clean, quiet, and easy to work in. The evening reception is tops, and the restaurant is quick, good, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Chrissy B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. The staff really enjoys meeting the guests at the evening reception, so thank you for joining us. Next time you are traveling, please let us know, we would love to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here last weekend and I have actually waited to write this review because I left a message with the manager to address my complaints. That was Monday morning. It is now Wednesday evening and no response. We booked through a third party. We put in eight adults two rooms. Thankfully only five people made the trip as I was given a room with two full beds and a room with one king...so six adults.this was before I even informed them we only had five. I questioned why we wouldn't get enough rooms for the amount of people indicated at booking the front desk clerk said we don't guarantee anything when you book through third party. Now the third party told me when booking and again on Monday it is guaranteed. Seems silly not to provide enough room for the amount of people requested at booking. Also the king room was missing the alarm clock and the sleep number bed was not functioning. I didn't bother telling the clerk as she was not the friendliest to me during check in. My guess is because I didn't book direct and used third party . Also thought you had wifi but i must have been mistaken because we never got it to work

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the hotel staff during your stay. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service. To clarify, all third party bookings are guaranteed, but sometimes third party websites do not offer specific bed preferences on their websites, in which case your reservation is guaranteed, but the room type will be assigned at check-in time. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were not actually needing to stay near the airport - but had a night in Indianapolis on the road trip - and loyalty points to use. We chose the Radisson as a name we trust.

Glad we chose this one - and it may not be central to Downtown - but equidistant from the speedway and the city centre. We arrived about 4:30pm on the Sunday 8th September. The ladies on the front desk were busy on the phones and checking rooms were ready for arriving guests.

We didn't have to wait long for Tracy on the front desk to tend to us. Despite being busy she was able to allocate our room - with the upgrade we requested - and happy to pay the additional as a "freebie" room as far as we were concerned.

We took the lift up to the room with our cases - and the room faced the back of the hotel as if facing the airport - but we did NOT hear a plane at all throughout our stay.

The room was MASSIVE! While my husband was showering I measured it with my UK Size 6 feet .... and it was 31 of my feet from one end of the room to the other and much the same from door to facing wall.... We had 2 arm chairs, a flat screen TV - fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, nice and clean --- and the wonderful NUMBER bed - which kept us amused throughout the stay ... trying to adjust it just right for both of us - and laughing hysterically when one of us was on 15 (super squidgy) and the other was lying a foot higher at 100. Sorry if we woke the neighbours with our laughter.

This bed is great for a good nights sleep - whether you like it squidgy or like concrete!

The bathroom was lacking a hairdryer - and on our way out for the evening I thanked Tracy for giving us a fab room and mentioned the missing hair dryer. On our return the hairdryer was in the bathroom. Brilliant service.

We had a few drinks in the bar before bedtime as there was a special on - and it's a DRY state on a Sunday - so you cannot purchase beer or Liquor from the usual outlets (as we discovered in a nearby gas station). Despite this - they didn't overcharge for the beer - and there were some good special offers on too. Barman was friendly and we watched the Colts Game that was on the TV at the time.

Wifi in the room - free and worked all the time.

Check out was swift and painless.

Cannot fault this hotel at all - hence the 5 rating. Staff were great, room was all that we wanted and more for the night, the sleep quality was good too, no noise heard from inside or outside the room, and it was worth cashing in our points for.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade at time of booking.