“More fair than poor, but not really a 3 star hotel”

Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport
Ranked #136 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
“More fair than poor, but not really a 3 star hotel”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I wish there was a way to give this a 2.5 rating because it really wasn't poor but it was a little below average. I stayed here two nights while going to a conference at IUPUI downtown and this was a cheaper option than the downtown hotels, but I wish I would have gone ahead and paid more money for a nicer place. The lobby and lounge area downstairs were very nice, but everything else seemed a little rundown or a touch shabby. There were two elevators but it seemed like only one was working. The ice machines on my floor (2nd) and the third floor were not working so you had to go up to the 4th floor to get ice. The room was very dark with only one light in the ceiling right at the door and then a small lamp over on the beside table. The closet had a bar that was tilting down so the clothes tended to slide down and bunch together. The TV was an older, box-style and just in general everything looked a little dated. As mentioned by another reviewer I could easily hear my neighbors including someone snoring, thank goodness I brought earplugs. My room was clean and the people working there were very nice but I wouldn't stay there again since there are a ton of hotels in the airport area that are nicer and equally priced.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We are currently waiting on the shipment for all new ice machines and TV's in the rooms. We know that you have a choice, but we would like for you to see our improvements the next time you are in town. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the Guest Service Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
nyc
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Rooms need cleaning and repairs! Bathroom ceiling was in disrepair. Bedroom walls were dirty. Carpet in room was stained and I did not feel good about walking barefoot in it. Beds and linens were nice but that is the only good thing I can say. This hotel should be 2 stars not 3!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We assure you that this is not a the standard condition we would like to have in our hotel and will work on making the corrections.
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Appreciated was the quick pick-up by shuttle bus from the airport.
Rooms size was OK, and the bed offered me a good rest quality.
Bad luck that my neighbours were noisy till deep in the night; their conversation was easy to hear through the walls. Bad luck also with the WiFi network; I had to go to the lobby for a decent network connection; in the room it was simply too slow (although network available). Nothing in the direct environment if you have no car (e.g. bar, restaurant, convenience store, ...).
Bathroom could use some repairs; it had its best times.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I recommend staying here only if you plan to be in Indianapolis for a short time and you're just looking for a place to lay your head. Personally, I wouldn't pay full price. I'd place a bid on Priceline for a hotel in the area or check Hotwire.

My 2 sisters, my husband, and I needed an inexpensive hotel for one night near the airport since we had an early flight. We're easy to please to and we just wanted a cheap, clean place to sleep. I placed a bid on Priceline for $42 for 3 star hotels in the airport area and this was the winning result. It was for a Thursday night.

I'm glad we got it for such a low cost on Priceline. It wasn't necessarily bad but wasn't great either. The lobby is nice, but the rooms are outdated. Our room had 2 double beds, but we all agreed they seemed smaller than typical doubles and felt a little cramped. The lighting was very dim, one of the lamp shades was torn up, and there was a place on the wall where it looked like there had been a hole that was poorly repaired.

However, all of this was minor to us. Mainly what we were looking for was a clean place near the airport and this fit the bill. We also took advantage of the parking and shuttle option. They'll allow you to park your car there for $5 a day and take a free shuttle to and from the airport. This was nice and cheaper than paying for parking at the airport. The shuttle comes and leaves every half hour and the drivers were friendly.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We are currently working on updating the hotel with additional renovations. We really hope that you will book our hotel in the future and experience the changes we have made to give you more of a value feel.
Bedford
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed there two days this September. It is by the old Airport area. Overall all good stay with only problem. I booked a sleep number bed but did not get the room with that type of bed? Don't know if there are any rooms with that type of bed in the room? But the bed was Ok. Just wanted to try the bed out to see if we liked it? Other wise great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Chrissy B, Director of Sales at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so sorry that you were not placed in a Sleep Number bed. Next time you travel to the Indianapolis area, let us know and we will make sure you have the opportunity to sleep in the Sleep Number Bed.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This motel is very close to the airport and does everything possible to make you feel welcome. The rooms are clean, quiet, and easy to work in. The evening reception is tops, and the restaurant is quick, good, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Chrissy B, General Manager at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. The staff really enjoys meeting the guests at the evening reception, so thank you for joining us. Next time you are traveling, please let us know, we would love to have you as our guest again.
Breese, Illinois
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here last weekend and I have actually waited to write this review because I left a message with the manager to address my complaints. That was Monday morning. It is now Wednesday evening and no response. We booked through a third party. We put in eight adults two rooms. Thankfully only five people made the trip as I was given a room with two full beds and a room with one king...so six adults.this was before I even informed them we only had five. I questioned why we wouldn't get enough rooms for the amount of people indicated at booking the front desk clerk said we don't guarantee anything when you book through third party. Now the third party told me when booking and again on Monday it is guaranteed. Seems silly not to provide enough room for the amount of people requested at booking. Also the king room was missing the alarm clock and the sleep number bed was not functioning. I didn't bother telling the clerk as she was not the friendliest to me during check in. My guess is because I didn't book direct and used third party . Also thought you had wifi but i must have been mistaken because we never got it to work

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Lexington Hotel- Indianapolis Airport, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the hotel staff during your stay. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service. To clarify, all third party bookings are guaranteed, but sometimes third party websites do not offer specific bed preferences on their websites, in which case your reservation is guaranteed, but the room type will be assigned at check-in time. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience