“Start HOT water when entering room”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #139 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Don't normally write bad hotel reviews (everybody can have a bad day). This hotel has been there forever and not ALL rooms have been renovated (my room was in the 330's section of hotel).
My company had a Indy convention over the weekend and placed somewhere in the neighborhood of (300+) people in this hotel and this was the theme of most I spoke to...
1. Room floor not vacuumed. Some type if rubble left all over floor in my room. Weird tannish, brownish stains all around shower tiles.
2. Seriously, I started the water (and turned handled in every conceivable direction) in the shower...but NEVER received anything but ice cold water. Wow! That was invigorating.
3. So, I attempted to use the room phone to reach 'guest services'... 'front desk'... 'time & weather' - nothing but strange beeps & tones coming back thru the phone.

However, I did sleep just fine. Fairly quiet even though you're at the airport.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We are working currently on installing new Hot Water tanks, to address the hot water issues. We will also address the cleanliness issues with housekeeping and make sure that rooms are not left unclean or less than satisfaction. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Ryan Matthews.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

You cant worry about every review you read, our experience was fine. Booked through price line and the reviews I read had me nervous. We arrived at the hotel and the room was ready within 5 minutes. Staff was very friendly! Went upstairs to see what we were getting. Stopped by the ice machine and sure enough on the 4th floor as I had read it was broken. Get your ice machines fixed, not good impression. Went to the room and the beds were clean along with bedroom and theTV worked. Towels were in bathroom and bathroom was clean as well. To me if you are booking a 3 star hotel then that is what matters. I want a clean room, clean comfortable bed, clean bathroom, and A tv that works. Yes you can knit pick that there is no refrig/microwave, that the heater blows your hair if you are sitting at the desk or that your view out your window is the airport. Remote worked for TV but had tape to hold battery's in. No I didn't see a pool and there is no continental breakfast but I also didn't pay full price so . . .
The water was hot when my daughter took a shower and both elevators were working. The restaurant we did not eat at but the prices looked reasonable and they were nice enough to give me a fountain soft drink for the road because I was in a hurry. Everyone at the desk , day & night were very nice and pleasant to talk to along with the waitress in the restaurant. We didn't hear airport noise but also there was snow and snow plows were busy cleaning up the air strip. Do not put in your gps the address as another reviewer said put in the crown plaza address across the street and you will have no problem. Hotel does need updated but don't let the reviews scare you if you get this hotel on priceline bidding we were fine. To the hotel staff please fix those ice machines, and your double beds I slept fine in (husband complained)but you really do need to do a little updating. Your hotel and staff are very nice but you need to improve to keep this hotel competitive. To the reviewer you can't walk to a store but down the street away is a stake n shake. The wifi is free and worked most of the time. No regrets staying here for the money I paid. This hotel is a 3 star hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I made a reservation for this hotel at hotels.com. I was then asked to add a name to the reservation in case he arrived earlier than the name on the reservation. I called the hotel directly and was met with such rude, arrogant and completely classless service over the phone, that I when I hung up I cancelled the reservation instantly and booked in at the Comfort Suites where I repeated the process with nothing but a pleasant and courtious experience. You know it must be bad if they can't even get people in the door.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily d
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for the lack of guest service you encountered while trying to change your reservation. We assure you that our staff and service is a priority to our hotel. We take every step to get these matters corrected and every guest experience a wonderful one.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Over all the hotel was ok. I had three problems that never got fixed but the desk clerk did give me a credit. The first problem that I had was the hot water in the sink or I should say lack of. What little water that did run was hot but it was just a dribble! Second problem that I had was the water temperture in the shower, three days it was just barely warm, one day it was just plain cold! And the last problem that I had was under the A/C - Heater unit there was a gap between the unit and the wall which let in a blast of aritc air. I stuffed an extra blanket under the unit which did help.
The staff where all friendly and accomadating.
Would think the hotel could have plowed the parking lot.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here for an overnight function in December. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Hotel is a bit older but well maintained. Adam and Chrissy in Sales were great! Our function went off without a hitch and everyone had a great time!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This Radisson is very dated and tired. The desk staff was very kind to get us to dinner right before the bar closed at 11:00pm. The hamburger there was excellent as were the cocktails. The bartender was very accommodating at such a late hour. Unfortunately the room was very worn out and overheated. We were happy to move along the next morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hotel did not at all reflect the 3 star rating that it is given. On a night with single degree temperatures and negative degree windchill, the heater in the room that I was given did not work properly, and left me freezing. Though I'm sure it must be cleaned regularly, the hotel in general looked dingy, dilapidated, and out of date. The drywall in my room was cracking along the door, the deadbolt felt flimsy, and the sloppy paint job on the walls indicated to me that not much care has been taking in trying to make the place look nice. The sleep number beds might have been a nice touch, if they hadn't been broken. At least the staff was nice and the airport shuttle left on time.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. The hotel and staff are working on making sure all the rooms are in proper order and get the attention they need. We are painting and repairing several rooms through the remainder of 2013 and the first part of 2014. We apologize for the heater, and will make sure to check this room for repair. It is very important to us to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Ryan Matthews, Guest Service Manager.