“Needs Updating”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #144 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Hotel by the airport in Indianapolis last year because they offer the park and fly. We were very disappointed in the room conditions. The carpet had stains the lampshade had been burned on one side and when taking a shower the next morning we found a dirty washcloth hanging over the shower rod. I always enjoyed staying here when we had to fly out put I do not think I will again anytime soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Chrissy B, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We appreciate you returning to the hotel from the prior year and apologize that it did not exceed your expectations. We are continuing to work on items and repairs in the hotel. We have just received the new shipment of lamp shades for all the rooms and will continue to repair additional items.
We hope that will our efforts you will reconsider returning back to the Radisson Indianapolis.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Shuttle takes 45 minutes to show up at airport and then drives you around for 20 minutes circling entire airport
Front desk can't tell you where shuttle is and does not seem to care
Front desk can't give coherent directions to room
Hotel is horribly maintained
Room smells and paint is chipping on the walls by door (room 330)
Enormous damage to the Radisson brand name
I will never stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Chrissy B, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. The Front Desk Staff and Shuttles will be evaluated to ensure that we are timely and more accurate in service. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel in order to attend a business conference. No room available yet when I arrived at 11:30am. Ok, no problem. Front desk said that they would call me when a room was available. No call received. At 5:15pm, I am standing in line at the front desk along with 20 other people from the business conference, waiting to check in. Elevator and hallway to my room look tired. Get into my room...bathroom looks tired, but room looks ok. Surprised to see Sleep Number beds...should be nice. Guest in next room is talking on the phone, and I can hear every word. At 9:30pm, I turn on the light between the two beds...light flickers on and off. I sit down on the bed, light goes out, Sleep Number handheld control is dead and the alarm clock loses power. When I stand up, light/alarm clock turn back on, but bed control is still not working. I go to sit on the other bed and same thing happens. I move the small bedside table to see if there is a loose power cord and there is a bag of Doritos on the floor behind the bedside table. Nice. So I go to the end of the bed to pull it away from the wall a little bit...light and alarm clock turn back on...bed control still dead. And then the headboard (not attached to the bed) falls partially off the wall. Too tired to pack up and ask to change rooms...and too late to find another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. Also, we will be discussing the review with the front desk staff in regards to the lack of follow up. We want you to have the best sleep available and apologize that this is not the case. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Hotel is very tired, tile falling off the wall in the bathroom statins in the carpet. It feels like the hotel is getting ready to close it's doors. It's a real dump! The internet was so slow I can't even add a picture.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We want to ensure that your experience is the best in the area. Please allow us the opportunity to correct the issues you encountered. We have added some interment routers to increase the speed and we will continue to work on the condition of the rooms.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

If you are just flying in and out if the Indianapolis Airport then the location is good but there are nicer hotels around the airport. The main problem I have with this hotel is there was mold growing in the shower of my room. I therefore would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room's bathroom. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We had a 6:30 flight so I decided that since my girlfriend had to work till 11pm we could just head towards the airport and get a few hours sleep without the feeling of being rushed for our flight. We arrived at 11:30 and I inquired about leaving my car for the week we would be on vacation. We get to our room not very nice but we just needed a few hours to refresh. Get settled and all we cn hear is the Animal planet from the room next door blaring ae loud as the tv could go. I give this about an hour and I finally decided to call the front desk. The woman that checked me in said she would take care of it. No one went to the room or called and the tv kept blaring till 4am when I walked down stairs to just go to the airport. Told the woman how nothing had been done...........her response "so your not going to leave your car". Way to go old lady with gray hair at front desk!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service. It is important that all guest receive a great night sleep and feel comfortable. We will make sure that our front desk staff is addressed for the behavior and lack of guest compassion shown. This is not acceptable behavior for our staff and we will be correcting this issue immediately.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was pretty much everything we expected. Not outstanding in any way, but not lacking, either. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. No fridge or microwave, but there is a microwave available in the vending area. It is kind of easy to hear your neighbors, but ours were fairly quiet (we stayed on a Sunday) and it is right next to the airport so you will hear planes. The food from the restaurant was less than impressive, but the staff was very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: March 2014

We appreciate your feedback regarding Austin's. We regret to hear your dining experience did not Chef so he may address this situation with the team and ensure that we deliver outstanding service and presentation.
We also apologize that the noise might have been a bit of a bother. We are trying various creative solutions to prevent this in the future. We appreciate your business and hope that we will be able to accommodate you in the future.