“They lied”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #143 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Called from airport after being bumped from flight Need room for wife and I and 17 year old daughter. Told Larry at reservation that. He told me they had a King suite with sofa bed and made sure I knew it was non smoking. Iasked about shuttle to and from airport and he said no problem. Explained we need to be backmat airport at 5 am. No problem he said. When we got to hotel the lady at desk said only king room was smoking. I showed her the email confirmation that stated non smoking and she just said sorry don't have one. Asked about room non smoking with a roll a way. Sorry don't have one. Yet I will tell you this place is not only a dump but empty. I asked for the manager. Sorry no one on duty. So to add to all the other criticism they also lie to get guest. What a shame

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed 14 February 2011

This is not a Radisson hotel. It definitely is not. Its feeling is cheaper than a motel. Small dingy room with a dingy bathroom. I had never had such a cheap feeling in my life. When I called this Radisson to make a reservation for one night business tip, I thought I was getting a great deal. I should have picked up Motel 6 instead.

Pros:
1. Free high speed internet that actually works
2. Free parking
3. Very friendly front-desk staff

Cons:
1. Very old hotel in a bad shape
2. Rooms are very small
3. Bathrooms are tiny
4. AC made a lot of noise
5. Paper thin walls. When my neighbor got a wake-up call at 4am in the morning, I thought my phone was ringing. Walls are VERY VERY thin
6. If you are not used to the sleep number beds, good luck because you would have a hard time sleeping in them
7. Parking lot was full of frozen ice. The least the hotel could do is clean the ice or use ice melt. Could tell it was a cheap hotel

Overall, a very bad experience. Please do not waste your time with this hotel even if you get to stay here for free.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
sedwardw, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2011

Dear Guest,

As you stated in your review, our hotel is undergoing a renovation. I am sorry that you were not placed in a renovated room. We know how large your group was and we did everything we could to make sure you were in the room types you requested. I am sorry that your stay was not as you anticipated, I will however, tell the housekeeping you commented positivly on the cleanliness, but for everything else I am truly sorry.

Reviewed 13 February 2011

We stayed in this hotel and it was in very bad shape. There are renovations going on but the existing rooms are very run down. The tile work in the bathrooms is cracked and broken, the doors don't close all the way unless closed very hard. A few in our group had money stolen (they completed a police report). The few out our window to the abandoned airport was as depressing as the room. The one bright spot was the Sleep Number bed. The toilet ran (and it was very old style handle) with run down decor and no place for toiletries on the vanity. On the positive side, it seemed clean.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Made a reservation by phone, and was told that breakfast was included in my price. Received an email confirmation of this, but when I arrived, this was not honored. Was not treated with respect, and the group that I traveled with was not treated well. Our group will most likely be traveling to Indy again, but will stay far away from this hotel. Too many bad experience during this trip to list.

• Stayed: November 2010
sedwardw, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

Dear Guest,

I wanted to apologize to you for what happened while you were at my hotel. If you would take some time and email me the individual (s) that you dealt with, I will make sure and speak with them. Our goal is to never allow a guest to leave and feel that we did not take the time to listen to them, and do our part to fix whatever there was that effected their stay in a negative way. You may email me directly at swright@odysseyhotels.com. Thank you for your comments, we will use this to train all of us to better serve our guests.

Sincerely yous,

Stephen E Wright

Reviewed 25 January 2011

This hotel is impossible to reach with construction everywhere. The rooms are dingy,beds uncomfortable,but the last straw is the lukewarm water in the showers. The sinks have tons of hot,but the showers none. We were in a group that had eight rooms booked and they were all the same.

• Stayed: January 2011

Dear Guest,

In reading your review of our property, allow me to apologize for any and all problems. The area that we are in is going through a massive construction at this time, as the city is preparing for hosting the Super Bowl in 2012. I do apologize for the situation with the hot water, I have spoken with my staff on this issue. If you have any other information that can help me with your stay, please email me at swright@odysseyhotels.com, so that I can try and make things right. Thank you again for your review, it will help us train on doing a better job at satisfying our guests.

Sincerely yours,

Stephen E Wright

Reviewed 2 January 2011

I stayed here for New Year's Eve (just needed a place to sleep). I got a great price through priceline but it would have been a good value for quite a bit more. This was previously a Ramada and something else but is much better now. They are the majority of the way through a renovation. The room was great - adjustable firmness beds and lots of updated appointments including showers, closets, and countertops. The non-smoking hall still had a bit of smoke smell which I bet will be abated when the carpet is replaced. Some rooms have new flat screens; mine did not but I wasn't there to watch TV. I didn't use the internet so I can't speak to that. The front desk was amazingly friendly and service oriented. There is major construction / detour in the area but you can get in and out easily enough - just call for directions if you get nervous around such. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I stayed at this property for less than 12 hours so I can't speak to the property generally or service other than check-in. I booked this room through Hotels.com and the check-in process was very smooth and fast. The front desk clerk was very friendly. As I walked down the hall to my room (4th or 5th floor), I had an odd feeling as many doors were ajar and one room was filled (literally) with pillows and blankets. When I got to my room the door was slightly ajar (propped open by the security latch) as many others had been and there was a note that the property was under renovation and the "old" rooms were being offered at a discount (which I assume was why it was offered through Hotels.com). So, other than the disquieting feeling from finding my room open, it was fine for a quick overnight. There was a sleep-by-numbers bed. There was some visible dust on the desk which I assume was related to the renovations.

I only heard one or two airplanes in the time I was there (11 pm - 5 am). I did not hear a lot of noise from the hall but I don't think there were many occupied rooms.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo