“Cool Sports Bar Area”

Ranked #472 of 2,355 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“Cool Sports Bar Area”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I visited Winners Circle to watch some March Madness on an early Thursday evening and was glad that I did. The bar staff was friendly and the food good.

Although I believe smoking is allowed in the bar area there were not that many customers or smokers there that I noticed.

I had a bowl of gumbo which was very good for $6 and a pub salad for $5 which was light and fresh. I found menu prices to be quite reasonable compared to other sports bars in the area. There is also a daily $2 Winners Circle Punch that is not too bad.

I was surprised when I asked for water and one of the bartenders tried to sell me bottled water which I thought was a bit unusual.

Would definitely eat here again and hope I can still avoid the second hand smoke if it is the case that they allow smoking.

• Visited March 2014

Columbia, Kentucky
“A Favorite!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

A nice place to kick back & unwind with family & friends. I,m an avid Handicapper with the Horse Racing & love the atmosphere. The women usually go to the Casino side while us guys hang around & have afew cold ones while playing the horses. The food at the Buffet is GOOD but the only draw back is its the only buffet I know of that you have to stand in line to get the main course unlike other buffets where you just walk up & get what you want when you want it.

• Visited October 2013
Indiana
“Awful Awful”
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Smoky atmosphere
One waiter in the dining room
Greasy and saltiest breaded tenderloin
Bar patrons yelling at tvs
Instead of returning change, waiter brought back same amount I had given him but in small bills. Did not notice at first and almost pocketed it. Be prepared to be stiffed payment with this method.

Will I be back? Never!

Visited April 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“If you like hockey puck steaks and shoe leather ribs- this is the place for you!!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

First of all, this was a carry out order. The actual menu and the menu online were completely different. The manager said that it will be updated soon. The prices of the steaks were less on the restaurant menu, but the size of the steak was smaller than the palm of your hand which might not be a bad deal for the dieters out there, but the price of it may give you a cardiac arrest- $14.95?! Seriously, it was a two to three bite steak, tops. The ribs were equivalent to what shoe leather probably tastes like. The ONLY thing good about this place was the Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce that you can purchase at any grocery store. I also ordered dessert which said that it was for two people. Maybe two toddlers could share it, but seriously, for $6.95 there wasn't much there! I just hope that those of you who visit Indy don't make the mistake of thinking that this place is one of Indy's finest. We DO have some great places to eat downtown; (St. Elmo's, The Milano Inn, Iaria's). After trying to stomach this meal, we ended up at Taco Bell. Enough said!

• Visited October 2012